Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Anime 2011 Line-Up!

Why hello there! Why am I making a summer list when I am so behind on spring? Because watching anime would mean ignoring my husband. XD This way I can still blog something that needs blogging and we can still spend time together. Which means watching Fluffly comedians and Family guy but still XD Yay time together.

Also not much is getting done right now as someone is demanding snuggles and attention. I wonder why my kitten is so spoiled….

Photobucket

K-On!! can rock any season XD

But yes folks. Here is my tentative list of what I am going to watch this summer season. All is subject to change if something becomes boring or if everyone is blogging something else and I must see what everything is about. All synopsis and pictures are “borrowed” from other places and all my assets are tied in up in nendoroids anyway. XD Enjoy.



Yuru Yuri


Photobucket

I am sensing a lot of cute here..


Synopsis: Four fun-loving schoolgirls take over the former room of a tea ceremony club for their own "Gorakubu" (amusement club).

So being the smarty I am I can’t help but notice the title of this show. HMMM. And TV Tropes is telling that there is a bit of a…shall we say romantic element to this show? Of course I don’t know anything about this manga series so I am not sure if we are getting the funny yuri or the more serious yuri.

But me thinks we are going to get the silly yuri. And if I can appreciate Angel Beats and their crazy yaoi innuendos I think this show will be fun too. K-On! and Haruhi combine but this time with even less focus. Sure they might be more moe blobs but it looks like fun. Might as well try it. Besides how much fun would a tea ceremony club be to watch? X__X

Air Date: July 4th



Kamisama Dolls


Photobucket

Can the gods be a little less ugly please?


Synopsis: Kyouhei, after moving away to Tokyo from his old town to get away from the events that happened, is on a goukon with his friends, including his old neighbor, Shiba. After drinking for a whole night, he and Shiba discover a dead, bloody, body in the elevator. He is told by his younger sister, Utao with her Kamisama Doll, that Aki, an old friend, and his Doll, are the culprits responsible.

See I read that paragraph and think I only understood half of what I read. Which means it must be interesting yes? TO GET AWAY FROM THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED!!!

On a serious note I want to know…what dolls? What dead body? WTF is going on?! Maybe it might be too weird for me but I think I should give it a few episodes before I run away screaming in confusion.

Hmm according to another site the dolls are really gods. That probably would make 5 percent more sense.

Air Date: July 5th



Blood-C


Photobucket

Why do I love you so much CLAMP after you burned me (and everyone else) so many times?...Keep up the good work!!!!


Synopsis: Teropterids are evil beasts which pose as humans and live only to drink human blood. A brooding and mysterious girl named Saya is the best teropterid slayer ether eand now she is sent to a US arm base which may be infested.

Note that the synopsis may change but since it is a Blood anime we can assume that girl will be named Saya, she will hunt/kill things, and everything will be depressing.

I am not sure how I feel about the Blood series. I did watch some of Blood+ but the rapping of a 12 year old boy was a bit MUCH for me. MUCH folks. However the plot did interest me here and there so I wouldn’t call it a huge waste of time.

So…yeah. Probably going to watch Blood-C because CLAMP is involved. Usually when CLAMP is involved it usually is cute/fluffy or people are losing limbs. And since Kobato was cute and fluffy OFF WITH THE HEADS! And I am sure CLAMP will have their own spin on the Blood series so people who have already been Blooded out might be interested or something.

OKAY! I thought the art was cute! :( But I like vampires (or whatever they are) too. As long as they don’t sparkle. This will end well I know it.

Air Date: July 7th



NO.6


Photobucket

This tells me...nothing! YAY!


Synopsis: The story is set in "No. 6," a future model city in 2013. Raised as a top-ranking elite since the age of 2, a boy named Shion lives in an exclusive area in No. 6. On the night of his 12th birthday, he rescues a boy who calls himself "Nezumi" ("Rat"). Nezumi ran away from the city's Special Security Area. From that moment on, Shion's life is changed forever...

I am not sure about this one. It was a toss-up between this and Ikoku Meiro no Croisée. Or that penguin show. But since I can’t find anything out about said penguin show (Mawaru Penguin Drum) and Ikoku Meiro no Croisee might be too slice of life back in the day for me. Maybe someone else will blog those shows and I can see what is up.

But yes. This show sounded slightly interesting. I always want to know who amazing 12 year olds can be compared to my 27 year old self. SEE THE WORLD

Or maybe it will turn out that Shion is really from the special security area too and he is chosen to rescue the people from the cruel elite. Or maybe there are vampires. Since there isn’t much to go on from the synopsis it will be a surprise! That is what you get when you only read mangas available in America. XD You aren’t spoiled with mangas currently in Japan. Of course then people already know what is good…..

I am not expecting miracles from this show. Probably will be just something to watch so I can have 4 shows. XD See if I go in with love expectations I can be AMAZED! Besides someone’s life changed FOREVER! It must be good.

Air Date: July 7th


There is my basic list. A lot of sparkly shows this time around right? Hopefully everyone found some shows to occupy their summer with. XD Let’s all blog together so we can find the good shows and mock the bad! Sounds like a plan to me!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm planning on watching these three too so yay! for that. Sparkly anime vampires own sparkly twilight vampires any day. Actually, I can't describe how happy I am for the Clamp show. No.6 might have shonen ai-ish tendencies I thought I heard, altho if the hero is 12 that isn't all that good. Maybe more like a bromance, like Nabari no O. That would be okay.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I hope these three shows are good. Or at least amusing enough to mock on the internet. The only emo vampires I can stand are Angel and sometimes Spike. Other than that my vampires need to be violent and angry. Yay for CLAMP. Hopefully there is some decapitation and not LITTLE BOY RAPE in this version of Blood.

Hopefully NO.6 is only shonen ai-ISH and not full blown yaoi. Because I like my gay men legal. Or at least able to drive. X__X

Ruben said...

Well, I ended up in here because i searched in Google "Gorakubu", i wondered what was that.

So yea i guess i'm gonna try Yuru Yuri and maybe Kamisama Dolls, not the Blood anime precisely because it might be as you said "and everything will be depressing" xD i watched some episodes of Blood+ and yes, it was depressing xD.

And about No.6 hm.. i don't know yet, i'm still seeing if there is going to be good new animes to watch this summer.

Christina said...

Ruben- Late response is late. No. 6 actually seems like it is going to be the most interesting show this season. Kamisama Dolls is just okay but Yuri Yuri is funny. So far Blood-C is Kobato with a sword. I am sure the depressing will come soon.

I am glad you found me though and not some random questionable site. That seems to happen anytime I type in a search for pictures. Like "anime girl with suitcase" and a bunch of naked harry potter pictures will come up instead. XD