Saturday, June 11, 2011

Japan Trip Day 23, 24, and 25: Randomly walking around Japan!

The wedding...is over. And I have survived. I might have aged 15 years in the past three days and my mom might have lost all her hair but I have survived. And since I can actually wear the dress again in the future I think this wedding ends on a positive note.

But yes folks I am finally going to wrap up my Japan Day trip posts. XD Have we gotten tired of them yet? Apparently by the end of the trip we either we revisiting places we had already been or were going to place where we couldn't take pictures. Thus the combination of the last three days.

Photobucket

Hello random giraffe statue near Ginza.

I hope you enjoyed my adventures around Japan. After this post I plan to follow up with a Food Post, a SWAG (Tenchi is a greedy pig) Post, and a Tips to Japan post. XD Because obviously I have not gotten over my adventures in Japan. But soon I will get back on my anime schedule! Promises! Promises to all.


Photobucket

Behold the Tokyo International Forum.

So while looking at guides and such online and in my books I saw the Tokyo International Forum being mentioned. That it was a cool building that looked like a boat with some shops and food in the building. So since we had a few extra days in Tokyo and it was raining we decided to spend the day inside. So off we went.

Photobucket

Trying to take as many pictures as possible.....

Once we got there I realized that the guides and books were a little...off. Shops and restaurants? More like a museum shop and a few restaurants. 90 percent of the building was devoted to conference centers. Which I knew it was a big conference center but I didn't know it was the entire building.

Photobucket

Are we interested yet?

Needless to say we were not terribly impressed with the building and not sure why people would promote going to the Tokyo International Forum. I mean it is a cool looking building but unless you have business in the building there is no reason to go. Luckily there was a new shopping mall located in the Tokyo Station that had plenty of great shops. XD So at least we were in the right part of town to have fun. No pictures of that as there were signs everywhere stating not to take any.

Photobucket

Walking to Ginza.


Photobucket

Cool building near Ginza.


Photobucket

Time to spend more money.

The first time we went to Ginza I went to a Hello Kitty store that was semi expensive. It had a flower shop in front of it and had some nice stuff in it. When I got home from that shopping trip I realized that there was a SECOND floor to the building that had more Hello Kitty stuff. Surely I could not leave all this uncharted Hello Kitty merchandise. My husband being a good sport went back to the store with me as I went MOG over all the lovely Hello Kitty merchandise. While there was some repeats that I saw in other stores there were still a lot of new stuff that were worth the trip. XD

Photobucket

Watching the building change colors.


Photobucket

It almost reminded me of Independence Day when the big ship fired for the first time. Only I didn't see anyone being stupid and holding signs. XD


Photobucket

The game place near our hotel. The giver of many plushies. XD


Photobucket

Here is a super awesome picture of the machine that was easy to win prizes out of.


Photobucket

My sneaky pictures are awesome right?


Photobucket

This is how we felt getting in and out of the train everyday. Gotta be ready or you will be left behind.


Photobucket

S.0.S Brigade anyone?


Photobucket

Again these are my awesome sneaky pictures. Sorry. XD

While we were in Japan the release of The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya light novels came out. I think it was a first attempt of a midnight release of any light novel. It seemed pretty popular as the merchandise was everywhere when we returned to Akihabara the day before we left. Tons of new stuff for me to buy and attempt to stuff in a suitcase. I didn't buy the novels though as I can't ready Japanese. :(

Photobucket

Time for crepes!


Photobucket

Nom nom! And the amount of cornflakes at the bottom was minimal.

We couldn't leave Japan without having a crepe! After all we see them in animes and people going out of their way to savor the flavor. They were rather thin and at times I thought mine was going to leak all over the place but it held up and it was very good. And since we went on a day where it was raining cats and dogs there was no line at all weee!!!

Photobucket

How can you have a group with so many members?

While looking for anime we stopped by the Don Quijote store. It is basically a place where you can buy loads of useful or stupid items. It is also the place where AKB48 (famous all girl group) performs everyday. The one in Akihabara anyway. I don't think I saw any of the girls that day but it was rather hectic and crazy in there. If you can stand walking around in a store with about 2 inches of walking space than have at it! XD

Photobucket

Shinjuku at night. Do we have to leave so soon?


Photobucket

Spent our last night in Tokyo by playing with the coin pushers. We never won the Jackpot which would have been super cool and exciting for my husband. The most we won is 500 coins which was still fun. But we could go broke on this game so maybe it is good we don't live in Tokyo.


Photobucket

Last day in Tokyo. :(

Time for very sad faces. Time to pack up and leave Japan. And despite the fact we did most of our packing the night before we still barely it onto the bus in time. We are that special. And yes we took a bus as we did not want to battle the trains and all our luggage. I had precious cargo now.

Photobucket

So long umbrella!!!

So glad to leave this stupid thing behind! The day we got to Tokyo it got blown inside out by the wind and even though I managed to use the wind to blow it back it was still special. Very special and hard to use. Why didn't I buy a new umbrella? Because I am a cheap person who needs more plushies. Bye bye umbrella!

Photobucket

Traveling in the very empty bus.


Photobucket

More around Shinjuku.


Photobucket

Never got used to everyone driving on the opposite side of the road. Thought these people were going to hit us. XD


Photobucket

Looks like a beetle building.


Photobucket

Hello huge death machine!

Never got to do the stereotypical ride a romantic Ferris wheel thingy. Maybe because I am normally scared of heights and this Ferris wheel was a million miles high. XD So that was a no.

Photobucket

Tokyo Disney hotel. X__X Isn't it cute?


Photobucket

Even as we leave we see a cute mascot. I shall miss you!


Photobucket

:( The ride to take us back to America.

The ride to the airport was long but no long enough. Soon we were at the airport waiting to go back home to America. The trip home was equally as long and apparently my body does not do well on long plane trips. :( The vacation is official over. Let me drown you in my tears of sorrow.

So that is it my readers. All of my Japan Trip Days have been blogged. The years of saving and planning and putting up with my crazy job were well worth it for 3 weeks of fun and a lifetime of memories. I hope you have enjoyed my trip to Japan posts and maybe I have shared something people didn't know about Japan.

This isn't the end for me and Japan. Hopefully in 5 years we can return and experience the country in new and exciting ways. But for now we are back home to what we know. But now we are more grateful for the life we do have and perhaps wish the United States could be slightly more like Japan.

It's been fun everyone! Thanks for reading and putting up with all my silly pictures. But now it is time to sleep. XD

No comments: