Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Japan Trip Day 12: Imperial Palace Gardens

I shall get one more post out before I head off to sleep. Hopefully. Let there be sleep and a normal wake up schedule. When the lights are off it is time for sleep kitties. Not playing with mommy's hair.

So on Day 12 of our Awesomely expensive trip to Japan was the Imperial Palace Gardens. Not of the Palace itself as it is closed almost all of the year but just the area the general public is allowed to go in. Think of it as the White House except you actually got to see it...

Photobucket

At a construction site. When I think of construction workers I often think of a cute cuddly creatures and a smiling Earth. XD

Please enjoy this post. I know it is not as jam packed as Day 11 or Puroland but I enjoyed seeing the older parts of Tokyo too. All is important. XD



Photobucket

Time for walking.

I was a bit said to see Tokyo Station under construction. There is no picture of Tokyo Station in this post as it is under a huge tarp and there is just a picture of it. :( But apparently it is going to look cool when it is done. I am not sure how much bigger the station can get as we were running around like crazy people trying to get from one end to another. XD But yes no Tokyo Station picture for yous. Enjoy the buildings instead.

Photobucket

I wish my home was cool enough to have a moat....

Maybe I am more tired than I thought as I just typed moot instead of moat. But yes behold the water. We walked directly from the station to this area hoping to find the public entrance as we knew the actual palace is off limits.

Photobucket

Another building off in the distance that we can't see.

Not sure what this building was but apparently it is important since we are not allowed in it. The guards seemed rather bored guarding the gate.

Photobucket

We has arrived...I think.

Even if we did not have maps and signage it was pretty easy to find. Follow the trees. Now...we can see stuff but how to get in?

Photobucket

Yes we SEE you. Now how do we get in?!


Photobucket

MOG I see you. WHERE IS THE DOOR?!


Photobucket

Oh look lots of trees. And lost school children. Where can we get in folks?!


Photobucket

Entrance PLEASE!!!


Photobucket

Now you are just taunting me...


Photobucket

The sidewalks are decorated with random designs. Very cute indeed.


Photobucket

Finally the entrance.

I am not sure why none of the guards could point out to the direction to the entrance we COULD enter. They would just say public entrance and not this one. And it seems as if they weren't helping out the lost Japanese tourists either. We were all just wandering around like lost little sheep. But finally we found the entrance woohoo!!!

Photobucket

Now it is time to explore.

We join the rest of the tourist at the entrance. Finally we can stop being lost and enjoy the scenery. Wish I had brought a snack though. X__X

Photobucket

This was labeled dolphin. A dolphin!!!


Photobucket

A lot of the area was uphill. Not as bad as stairs but dude I am getting a workout in Japan. XD


Photobucket

That must have been fun to sleep in.

One of the three buildings that housed the guards for the palace areas. Can you imagine sleeping in something so small with a bunch of men? Perhaps the bed in Shinjuku is really huge. X__X

Photobucket

View of the longer guard building.


Photobucket

Some of the "garden".

Much of the garden area is really a grassy/tree area. Many people were picnicking the day away in the grass. How cool is that, to live so close to this place you can regularly have lunch on the lawn? Maybe I am just jealous XD

Photobucket

Just strolling through the park one day XD


Photobucket

I thought this plant was particularly cool. XD


Photobucket

There was one particular area covered in flowers. Great picture taking spot.


Photobucket

My husband should build me a music hall.

This is the Tōkagakudō. It is a music hall that was build for Empress Kojun. It is really beautiful in person despite the fact it doesn't look like it was made to stand forever. Hopefully they find ways to preserve this building as it is really pretty.

Photobucket

Close up view of the Tōkagakudō.


Photobucket

A tea house. Just walking along and BAM a tea house. Cute isn't it?


Photobucket

I thought the gate was particularly cute. Maybe cute is not the right word. But it just sets the seen of an old area that time nearly forgot about.


Photobucket

Near the tea house area.

Beyond the tea house there is another little "garden" area. But despite the fact that flowers were lacking (well there were some near the water) I love the rock formation and the peace feel about the place.

Photobucket

I probably could have stood here for hours just taking in the view. Art students must have a field day with this city.


Photobucket

Lots of koi fish in the many ponds around the area.


Photobucket

Traveling above traffic, exploring the area.


Photobucket

After taking cover from the rain we decided to explore the nearby "parks". Or "gardens". I forgot. But the walk around the Imperial Palace Gardens was nothing magnificent. We did go to the Crafts Museum nearby so it was not a total loss. That and look who is in town. Maroon 5 ya'll.


That's about it for our Day 12 trip. It got a little rainy and we were not allowed to take pictures in the museum. But I think we got a decent number of pictures this day. In any event I hope you enjoyed them. XD

It it time for sleep. But tomorrow I shall post at least Day 13 and 14. One day for anime fans and another day for Disney fans. XD



No comments: