Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Japan Trip Day 11: Tokyo Tower, Pokemon Center, and Zojoji Temple!

I am still awake! It is a miracle. My husband has passed out though. Dinner is overrated anyway. XD Hopefully I can stay awake so I can be super tired at bed time and function at work tomorrow. Wish me luck for truly my vacation is over.

And blogging we continue. With work starting back up tomorrow my posts won't be as frequent but I am doing my best to catch up. Sooner or later the house probably should get cleaned for the upcoming wedding. Oh and maybe I should get clothes for the wedding? Just a thought. XD

Photobucket

Someone is a popular little evil creature.

Up today is a full event schedule. Get ready for Day 11! Tokyo Tower, the Pokemon Center, and the Zojoji Temple await you.


Photobucket

We all live in a pokemon world!!!

On our way to the Pokemon Center today! It is a really big store in the middle of nowhere. Really we almost walked passed the place. It is on the second floor of a business center. Signs are your friends people. Especially signs that have cute little pokemon pictures on them.

Photobucket

We has arrived!!!!

Woot! It is time to get our Pokemon on. It wasn't truly busy this day so it was enjoyable walking around looking at the merchandise.

Photobucket

Welcome. Please come and spend loads of money.

Most of the stuff in the Pokemon Center was based on the new Black and White game/show. Which makes sense to me and I was expecting it. But there was still touches of the older pokemon everywhere, especially Pikachu.

Photobucket

You still scare me Charizard.


Photobucket

Get your pokemon noms on.

Since this is Japan there must be tons of food products people can buy for souvenirs. But some of them were too cute to eat. How unfair is that? XD

Photobucket

Must have self control....

This is where most of my money went to. I do love little plushies. Most of them were from the new Black and White game. I enjoy the cute ones. XD

PhotobucketPicture

Time to squish some coins.

Well not really coins. Probably since it is illegal. That and their "penny" is really a plastic piece of crap. So the coin smushers in Japan are really just a plain piece of copper. Which makes it come out better anyway.

Photobucket

Something important I am sure.

While the Pokemon Center was mainly a shopping place there was other stuff going on. Just that we don't speak Japanese and we had no idea what those things were. Apparently it is a big deal to come to the Pokemon Center when it is your birthday because that happened a few times while we were there. But a lot of promotions and stuff were going on so it seems like a fun place to be.

Photobucket

Time to say goodbye to all the little pokemon.

We had a great time at the Pokemon Center. Not that it would fill a full day but a great addition if you are already in the area.

Photobucket

Onward to more adventures.

Up next was the Zojoji Temple. If you are on the main road there will usually be signs telling you how far the important things are to you. But if you are not on the main road have a map. But since the Zojoji Temple is near the Tokyo Tower it wasn't easy to get lost. XD

Photobucket

Taking pictures at the intersection is fun. XD

It still amazes me how we can be in a busy section of Tokyo one second and inside a temple or shrine the next. Obviously the city built around these places but I love how they keep the old stuff alive when space is at a premium. Plus even I can see how people need a break from the hectic city life.

Photobucket

Yay for more statues.


Photobucket

The old with the really old?

I really love this picture. I think I should make it into a postcard. I am sure no one has ever thought of that before. I am so original. But really it was an amazing sight.

Photobucket

People coming to actually worship. We tried to stay out of the way since we were just tourist.


Photobucket

Tons of little pinwheels.

There were tons of these statues around the temple. I am pretty sure they have to deal with the spirits of dead children. Some of the red hats were pretty old while many were brand new. Sad to think about it.

Photobucket

From the inside looking out into the city.


Photobucket

Everywhere you look there is something else around the corner. Don't be afraid to explore (when you have map).


Photobucket

X__X This tree is pretty dang old. Like President Grant planted this tree.


Photobucket

Worship the crows! Sailor Moon time!


Photobucket

Time to get our Tokyo Tower on!

After Zojoji Temple it was time for Tokyo Tower. We can just follow the other tourists in the area to it. XD Also there are many tour buses that take around Japanese tourist so if you get lost just follow one of them.

Photobucket

Upskirting the Tokyo Tower. XD

This structure is HUGE. Of course in a year (or two) The Sky Tree will kick Tokyo Tower's butt. But for now plenty of people were still around to see her in all her red glory.

Photobucket

Seeing the city Tokyo Tower style.

Now going to the different levels of the Tower is expensive. Everything in Tokyo tends to be expensive. But the view from the top is well worth the price you pay to get in. Just note that Magic Knights Rayearth is a LIE. There are no little machine you pay to see even more of the city. It is just you and a glass box folks.

Photobucket


But I don't even know that we needed little binoculars. The view was excellent from both floors. And I am someone who doesn't like heights and I did pretty well. Just the elevator going down was a bit X___X when it made a weird noise.

Photobucket

Hey we were just there! XD

In the observation deck there are little machines you can play with. You can focus in on parts of the city you are interested in and it helps you identify what buildings you are looking at. I am sure people from Tokyo know what they are looking at but it helped tourists like us. XD

Photobucket

No dead Dragons of Heaven on that bridge.

I was having a dork moment and was trying to spot as many famous things I have seen in animes as possible. It was a cloudy day so no Mount Fuji for us.

Photobucket

What do we spot here?

Behold the Sky Tree. It looks a little cloudy, like it is hiding from us. But it is still a cool sight to see, even if it is trying to steal the Tokyo Tower's thunder.

Photobucket

These views looking down were so cool. Had to almost wait in line as many people loved the view too.


Photobucket

Any day that ends in Hello Kitty is a good day indeed.

Just a word to the wise. Seriously shoppers should not leave the country with less than 1,000 bucks. X__X Seriously what was I thinking. Thank goodness our food budget was so under we got extra spending money.

We had a very busy day today. But I like having a busy schedule. Some days you need to take it easy and some days you need to cram as much in as possible while you are in that side of town. XD But today was fun. I highly recommend all three of these places for anyone going to Tokyo.

Thanks for stopping by. Is my nonstop posting annoying anyone? I hope not. Just trying to catch up on all my posts. Plus it helps keep me back track as I need to stay awake. Up soon will be Day 12 of our trip to Japan. Go away rain XO.

No comments: