Sunday, June 5, 2011

Japan Trip Day 16: Diet Building and Ginza

Hello there my wonderful readers. We have been back in America for about 6 days now and it still hasn't kicked in that we left Tokyo. It just seemed like yesterday we were dodging umbrellas in Akihabara. XD Now we need to get back to work life and get ready for this upcoming wedding.

But there is always time to blog and catch up on bad reality shows. Soon I can catch up on anime. X__X It has been almost been a month since I have watched anime that I could understand.

Photobucket

Behold some "gardens"!

Up today is the magical Day 16 post. After Tokyo Disney we were little sleepy heads and didn't wake up until noon! We didn't feel tired when walking around Disney but apparently we were. Just glad it didn't affect our theme park day. So today was a light day of seeing some tall buildings. Enjoy!!!


Photobucket

Hello there Diet Building!

After we woke up and got started with our day I decided I needed to see the Diet Building. Because I still have hope in X/1999. XD But I didn't see any dragons around. Actually besides a few cops with sticks I didn't see anyone around X__X. Was it not in session?

Photobucket

Security around the building.

Even though this was a quick little trip it was worth it. Can't go to the capital of a city and not see the building right? But I did expect to see a few more people though. However all the action was across the street so maybe people just don't walk this way.

Photobucket

Sometimes guides can lie to you.

Right by the Diet Building there were two "gardens". I thought this would be a good way to spend a few hours but soon I found out it was a good way to spend a few minutes. Gardens and forests are the same word in Japanese or something. I need to remember there is not a lot of green in Tokyo and they appreciate stuff that I take for granted. That and their rock formations within the gardens have more meaning than I know.

Photobucket

XO Don't fall in the water!

Even though the gardens were a quick walk through there were still some beautiful sights. Not many people around so it was easy to take pictures.

Photobucket

Once again you can see the modern world peeking in. Can't escape it. XD


Photobucket

There were two "gardens" in the area but they both seemed the same to me. Time to move on.


Photobucket

Behold the Imperial Palace!

We climbed a hill (which is nothing new for Japan XD) thinking maybe we could sneak a peek at the Imperial Palace from the other side. That would be a no folks. I guess when you have an important building protected by guards on one side it would not be seen from the other. But it was still a pretty view.

Photobucket

Waving goodbye to the Diet Building.

Since the "gardens" were not as amazing as I thought they were going to be (maybe they were better in March/April) we had extra time. A quick look at the map and we realized that the expensive shopping district of Ginza was close by. Time for more walking.

Photobucket

Random building we passed on the way to Ginza. Wonder what is inside.


Photobucket

I really meant it when I said everything has a cute mascot in Japan. I am pretty sure this was for a health insurance company. Something with health anyway.


Photobucket

A shop I can afford? WOOHOO!

I am not sure if this shop was techinically in Ginza but it was pretty dang close. It was actually near this really popular lottery ticket place. The first time we walked by we thought the line was for a restaurant but no. It was for a lottery ticket. X__X So weird.

But yes folks. A store all full of Hello Kitty. Some of it was affordable and some of it was expensive. Soon I found out not as expensive as the rest of the street but still pricey. 20000 yen for a bag is a bit out of my price range. XD But it was fun to look at all the lovely merchandise and my husband enjoyed being the only man in the shop. A flower shop is in front of this store so don't miss it. Well considering the flowers are Hello Kitty you shouldn't but still XD

Photobucket

Woot for tall buildings!


Photobucket

I think my wallet is safe in this area...

Most of expensive shops in this area were either American brands or European brands. I didn't see a lot of expensive Japanese shops. I also didn't see a lot of bags in people's hands. Maybe because you buy one scarf and you have spent all your money for the day. But people were out and about having a good time so it seemed fun.

Photobucket

Even the Gap building was huge. X__X


Photobucket

XO More people in the streets.

After a certain time the streets in Ginza closed to traffic and let the people in the streets. They even brought out tables and chairs for people to sit in. We found our first cosplayer too. A man playing Cici from Code Geass. XD

Photobucket

Time for noms.

Despite being a very expensive street we still found somewhere inexpensive to eat. There was a long wait for the first floor but we were allowed up to the second floor right away. Each floor had a different menu so maybe something special was on the first floor. But I finally had affordable steak! So happy. And they had potato wedges. Yay for eating today.

Photobucket

Tall buildings surround you on all sides.


Photobucket

The second store we could afford today!

Despite what any stupid maps say Hakuhinkan Toy Park is located at the end of the main street in Ginza (on the same side of the street as the Song Building). This was a HUGE toy store that had different floors of fun. And different flavored Kit Kat bars. XD I think it is a must visit if you are in the area.

Photobucket

Staircase inside the toy store.

I found the prices in this store to be reasonable. I also like how each section is so clearly broken up so you weren't wandering down lame isles.

Photobucket

Their window displays could use a little work though. These were pretty ugly.


Photobucket

So much sparkle.

Another expensive sore we must just wave at. But look at the pirate theme. I told you they were pirate crazy here.

Photobucket

Is this the Matrix?

Even though Tokyo is trying to save electricity they seem to keep some lights on. That and maybe they are saving all the power in the world by having no hand dryers on in the bathrooms. XD But when dust hit several buildings decided to outdo the other with light shows. XD

Photobucket

Sparkle on!

I think this building outdid them all though. It was a rainbow of color that traveled across the building. I felt kinda touristy taking a picture when people walked by like it was nothing. But I thought it was cool so I am glad we stopped and took a picture. It is really cool in person.

So that is about it. A day of walking around seeing how the rich lived. We also hit the Sony Building today but no pictures inside. XD Also if you like fancy cars with is a good place to stop and watching some expensive pieces of metal drive by.

I hope you enjoyed my Day 16 blog post. Day 17 should be up later today, after we get some noms. XD Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: