Thursday, June 9, 2011

Japan Trip Day 21: Koishikawa Korakuen Garden and Daijingu Temple

I am still alive!!! I thought I would be all caught up with my Japan blog posts by now but there was some serious drama at work which was on the tail end of some wedding drama. So much drama in my life. XD Can I go back to Japan please?

Let's see if I can get all caught up before the long awaited wedding. That way I can spend next week watching anime! It has been so long since I have seen an episode I feel really out of the loop. Also I can't too far behind of the Summer Season will be here before I see Spring!

Photobucket

Picture at the train station. Got to advertise everywhere.

Not too many days left to blog. Up today is a quieter part of Japan, the Koishikawa Korakuen Garden and Daijingu Temple. Enjoy!!!

Also I am a very bad blogger and I have comments sitting in my e-mail that needed answering. If people take the time to write me I should take the time to answer. So once all the Japan Days are up I shall catch up on them! Sorry for being rude. :(


Photobucket

Traveling around Tokyo. Today we get seats. XD


Photobucket

Organized chaos?

After leaving the station we got slightly lost. We were wondering around and seeing a LOT of business like buildings. Where is this temple I have heard about?!

Photobucket

Oh.....

Just kidding. Or maybe not. XD I have heard things about this temple. That there were long lines waiting to get into the temple and the such. I think I confused that with being a GRAND and HUGE place. Because Day 21 and I still haven't learned that popular doesn't mean huge, it means sentimental.

Photobucket

But here we are folks!!!

There were no long lines today. No lines at all actually. X__X Maybe if there had been lines we could have found the place better. XD While trying to remember the name of the temple I did see long lines going into Daijingu Temple so yes it is popular folks. Today there were people walking around and leaving but never a line. Yay for us taking pictures yes?

Photobucket

Always got to wash your hands. Not really into the taking a sip and spitting thing though.


Photobucket

Time to make a wish.


Photobucket

Even the trees in Japan are better. XD

Not sure why I came to Japan to take pictures of trees but I did take a lot didn't I? XD

Photobucket

I know this is a rather special picture but there was a couple there the entire time praying and we were like OKAY time to go snap and run.


Photobucket

Onward to a "garden".

After our quick trip to the temple we decided to go back the way we came (so I guess we weren't really lost) and see a garden that I had on my list. Woohoo for Koishikawa Korakuen Garden.

Photobucket


As this was a Japanese style garden it wasn't necessarily about the flowers. I has learned that after 21 days and probably already knew that before I arrived. It is about the trees and rock formation and communing with nature. Not the flowers.

Photobucket

I love how everything in the garden was labeled on the map, like they were super big landmarks.


Photobucket

View from inside the garden. More of the modern world sneaking in.


Photobucket

Tiny little pond. There was a cute duck trying to swim around.


Photobucket

Cute little building older than me.

Like I said before the map had every tiny thing in this garden labeled. A lot of the structures were destroyed during World War II. Really sad to think some structures survived so long and were taken out so quickly.

Photobucket

Some construction was going on in the main water area thingy thing so we tried to avoid those places when taking pictures.


Photobucket

Swim duckies SWIM!


Photobucket

Love the little animals of the pond!

Yes. I came all the way to Japan to take pictures of trees, ducks, and turtles. Go me.

Photobucket

A lot of older folks were walking around the garden. I hope to spend time like that with my husband one day.


Photobucket

Some spooky paths. I am sure it is supposed to be peaceful but I like the scary feel to them.


Photobucket

Close up of the pond. See a FLOWER!


Photobucket

This is a picture of a hole. Enjoy.

There was something special about this "well". It never runs out of water but it also never overflows. Something about being in between youth and adulthood. I had to drop something in it to see how deep it was and it wasn't that deep. Again spooky though.

Photobucket

This rice field was planted to show the Empress at the time how hard life can be for commoners. Now this rice field is tended by small elementary children. X__X


Photobucket

Fly you skinny little bird!!!!


Photobucket

More cute bus stop mascots.


Photobucket

After the garden we walked around the area some. Found a street with a few shops, a temple, and a lot of restaurants.


Photobucket

Some random weird building near Shinjuku station. XD

I hope you enjoyed my Day 21 blog post. My cat did not as it deprived her of all the attention in the room. XD Coming up is Day 22. Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments: