Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yuri Yuri episode 9

X___X I am surrounded by crazies. I can be somewhere else when something happens and I am still blamed for it. I am so specific with that scenario am I not? But yes. Apparently I am just so evil I can do things without even being near of what I am being accused of. OH and customers are creepy. I love my job!

However I will plaster on a happy face. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as productive as Sunday was. I has plans folks. Grocery shopping, going to the bank, going to the post office. Such fun adventures. My own slice of life special if you were.

Photobucket

I see dead people. Or blue floating lights. Something anyway.

Speaking of Slice of Life…it is Yuri Yuri episode 9 time. Slice of Life sprinkled with some yuri flavors of course. Spoilers for Tenchi blogging while watching The Crazies at the same time.



Photobucket

I am here to scare the panties off you!

Episode Summary: After a spooky opening we see the girls….melting away in the summer heat. Kyoko decides to beat the heat by telling spooky stores. Kyoko entertains the crew with ideas of scaring Chitose and Ayano but all of them are too farfetched. Also Chinatsu is a little baby about everything. After that everyone declares it hot. There is talk about going to the student council office but that gets side track when Kyoko makes tea to thank Yui for the awesome idea of…going to the student council office. After a quick hairdo change Kyoko introduces everyone to her…instant freeze spray. That cools them off for a little while. The girls then discuss what kind of super powers they would like to have. Kyoko declares everyone’s lame but hers….even though hers is pretty lame. Then it is hot again.

Photobucket

Um is that alien technology?

Much to Chinatsu’s sadness (as she just secured a spot on Yui’s lap) they finally decide to go to the student council office. Kyoko builds up how there is going to be a ghost in there and Chinatsu is like X__X. Then when they arrive there is a girl they never seen before acting all creepy like. All the girls panic and run, leaving Akari to be sacrificed to the ghost. A teacher and Ayano eventually walk in. The teacher is Nana and the girl is Rise, the actual student council president. Nana eventually explains that she accidentally did something to Rise’s voice thus the girl can’t talk and appears to be creepy like. Ayano is like…oh okay and walks out with Chitose. Nana is going to hang out in the student council room because she got in trouble for blowing up the chemistry room. Rise is okay with being a guinea pig because she likes Nana. Nana talks about how she is going to fly pretty soon and maybe one day her house will have a roof. Yui, Chinatsu, and Kyoko eventually return to rescue Akari but instead the student council room blows up. Chitose and Ayano walk by and introduce the crazy people to the girls. But Kyoko is like…oh hi random teacher and creepy girl, I am stealing ice cream! In the midst of the ice cream heist Akari walks by saying she has been helping a teacher the whole time and never came to the club room. MOG Ghost! The end!

So…this show is weird right? And now it is weird with way too many characters.

Photobucket

Summer....already?

Also wasn’t it just Christmas a few weeks ago? Two weeks ago they went on Christmas dates and the next week it really didn’t say what time of year it was. Maybe Spring cleaning I guess. But summer? Is this the first season of K-On! or something? Things are going way too fast. Also I see you trying to be Ouran Host Club. The second yearers are going on a school trip? If it really is summer again they are third yearers. I SEE YOU!

Photobucket

Kyoko was so bored she tried to kill herself.

So the main 4 girls hanging out in the club room…was slightly boring. However I can contest to how authentic that scene was. Well the first half of the episode, not scene. It can get so hot sometimes it melts your brain and you start talking about stupid things with your friends. We can’t be that entertaining when we are melting all over the place.

Photobucket

TV can be deadly folks.

Kyoko did her best to be entertaining though. She is trying to keep spirits up. Although I kinda fear the instant freeze spray than any of the actual ghost stories. I thought that is where this episode was heading but apparently I was wrong. Chinatsu was slightly annoying with her MOG STOP IT GUYS when they barely said anything scary…or really anything at all. I would call her Mio but I am sure Mio wouldn’t want to be linked to that pervert.

Photobucket

Kyoko...flying is awesome. What is wrong with you?

The super power conversation could have gone places. But since these girls didn’t watch Heroes it went nowhere. NOWHERE. The only one that was decent was the flying thing. What is wrong with you Kyoko? I think I would want to cry 100 dollar bills. I did say something ELSE before I typed that but then I realized what I would have to do to retrieve the money. But yes. I want to cry out money folks. That is my super power.

Photobucket

For someone who is scared a lot she sure does know some horror movie stuff...

I think the girls should have tried to scare Chitose and Ayano. That would have been fun to watch. Then it would turn out to be Chizuru and she would hate Kyoko even more. See, isn’t that fun?

The second half of the episode was weird though. We are on episode 9 and they introduce two new characters? We barely see Sakurako and Himawari as it is and I think that is painting why I don’t like them that much. I don’t see them besides bickering. I haven’t seen any growth or resemblance of why they might like each other. So to me they are a waste of space.

Photobucket

No more new people please!

So….why are we adding in two new characters? Seems unnecessary. Also I really thought Chitose was the President of the Student Council. I just did for some reason.
Rise might be more…memorable if she could actually speak. The whole not being able to communicate with anyone was bit weird. Ms. Nana understood her just fine because they are THAT CLOSE but I was thinking maybe that Rise would get an antidote at the end of the episode. She does eventually speak though right? I see someone is listed as her voice actress.

Photobucket

What? This was supposed to be a picture of Rise? Sorry.

In any case I see Rise as the 9th wheel on this bus of crazy. I mean I know she is paired up with the teacher (GROSS!!!) but her being around the group is….out of place. Really, she was at the beach and no one noticed her? Well I guess if she can’t talk that could really happen. But still. Not feeling Rise.

Photobucket

Explosion friends are always there when you need them. Or when you need to have some awesome fireworks.

Nana on the other hand had a hilarious line in this episode. I am tired of crazy scientists and teachers who act more like friends. But explosion friends? Hilarious. HILARIOUS! Nana was worth being on my screen if only for that moment.

Photobucket

Hopefully not another new character!

Other than Akari being a spirit…or whatever that is about it for this episode. Nothing amazing but slices of life sometimes have…..slices of life. Not slices of amazing adventures every single day. Although I don’t think this series needs anymore girls. We are full now thank you!

Next week it looks like we are actually getting a school trip episode. I thought the girls were all going to the hot springs together?

2 comments:

KINGRPG said...

Y anime for girls!!!!!! I like thier looks (uniform), They so so so kawaii.

Christina said...

KINGRPG- I think their uniforms are rather different. Which is hard to do when every other uniform has been done to death. So I like the new spin on their outfits.