Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Otakon 2011 Swag Post!

Behold! It is time for the most lovely post of them all: The Swag Post!!!

Now since I did recently take a lovely shopping trip to the biggest anime "convention" of them all (AKA Akihibara) my swag post isn't as....greedy as usual. That and I already picked up all the nendoroids I wanted in Japan (well except for one but vendors were really unreasonable in regards to nendoroids at Oktaon). So this post won't be a million pages long. XD

Still I managed to save some money despite weddings popping up like daisies and the additional cost of flying our happy butts to Maryland. I managed to find lots of ways to spend my hard earn cash and SHOCKER the husband spent most of his money too. Beware of cuteness!!!!


Photobucket

One of my favorite purchases. And apparently everyone elses in the convention too. XD Say hello to large kitty with small arms. Many booths had them but the priced ranged from 35 to 40 dollars. I found ONE vendor that had them for 30 dollars so I quickly grabbed my grey kitty and ran. SO FLUFFY!


Photobucket

Another huge plushie because I support Sanrio. But it was even squishier than the cat thus easier to pack. Cinnamoroll set me back 40 bucks though... X__X


Photobucket

Yay for shirts! Very, VERY few booths had shirts for women. Big huge booths with small to XXX shirts but those are in men sizes. And some of us women are tiny to begin with. Not to mention I hate the longer sleeves. So I checked out the booths that actually had women sized shirts. Would have bought more but I know one booth is going to be at AWA so I can pick them up there.


Photobucket

I do love plushies.....I think many (if there are any....) cinnamonroll fans left unhappy because I snatched up the cuties when I saw them. I also am a fan of Sentimental Circus. Just wish they had the horse and elephant more.


Photobucket

Artist Alley stuff hurray! Actually my husband bought most of the Eevee forms where as I was only going to buy two. I have a feeling he just bought them for me. Too bad neither of us have a phone to put said phone charm on it. And of course I needed the giraffe necklace.


Photobucket

More Artist Alley purchases. The husband bought all the Chibi prints. The K-On!! poster barely made it back home. The edges are a little squished because I actually follow the rules and bring small carry-on luggage. But I think it turned out fine. And only the tiny nonimportant edge of my Madoka poster got wrinkled. My very important 5 dollar exclusive poster that people waited for hours for and there were a million of them. XD Still very happy.


Photobucket

Here are all the free things we were handed during the convention. And my cat since I never give her any attention at all. But yes lots of free pieces of paper that will make excellent scrapbook paper!


Photobucket

Hello Kitty earrings for me. I love Loungefly stuff, why are they only doing their blow-out sale in CA? Haters.


Photobucket

Huge free posters of hugeness. Had to fold them a million times. I think they fared fairly well given how much folding and abuse they went through. There were more posters but I either didn't care for the series or wasn't around when they were given out. I think three is enough yes?


Photobucket

Our official convention stuffs. I so love that one of the choices was a Madoka badge. According to the internets Otakon has more badge choices but I probably wouldn't have gone with anything but a Madoka badge so I am happy. Due to the mobile app this is the first convention my convention guide still looks great woohoo!!!


Photobucket

And lastly my free Hi-Chew strawberry. It opens out into a bag which was great for carrying fan art. All you had to do was get your picture taken with the Hi-Chew King and you were given one. I think they ran out pretty fast though so I am glad we made it into the dealer's room fast.


And that is about it. No figurines or mangas. SO WEIRD! But there is always AWA. And I do love my plushies. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: