Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nendoroid Petites: Angel Beats Sets 1 and 2!

XO According to the internets there will not be a Blood-C episode this week. I know I know. YAY right? Sadly for me and my die hard CLAMP fanness I had faith in episode 6. It looks like it is going to be a real bloodbath. XD Hopefully anyway. I know I usually say I hate animes where my favorite characters die. I don't make sense sometimes as I love zombie/horror movies.

So no new Blood C episode post this week. We shall let the Japanese people have their holidays. Obviously no one wants to watch anime when on vacation....

With the AC not working at my lovely job I haven't really moved from my spot on the couch since arriving home. So lets blog about something I already had pictures of! Finally making their debut all the way from Japan are the gang from Angel Beats! Enjoy!


Photobucket

Now before my happy butt went to Japan I made a dream list of the nendoroids I really wanted/needed to have. I even printed out pictures because I am insane and thought my husband would need to know what they looked like in case I wasn't around. Of course that never happened so it was a bit special on my part. But anyway Angel Beats! was high on my list despite how....special the anime could be at times.


Photobucket

Oh hi Yuri. Set one was super easy to find. And at times very cheap to come by. After coming back from Japan it makes me eyeball the dealer's room a little harder at anime conventions. Three tiny nendoroids are probably not worth 50 dollars. XD Make a buck yes but rob us blind no.


Photobucket

My favorite thing about Yuri is Yuri is a wonderful thing. Oh and her hat is so awesome and adorable! I wish it was slightly bigger so I could make my other nendoroids wear it. Although thinking back the hat made anime Yuri adorable too...


Photobucket

This is my least favorite thing about Yuri. HER FACE! Actually many of the nendoroid petites gave me anger issues with the fact the pieces would simply not come off. Usually I have the most probably with normal size nendoroids stands or necks but all these petites and their changing parts made me RARW. Eventually I had to ask my husband for help before I threw Yuri across the room. It felt like it was stuck on with super glue.


Photobucket

WOOHOO! Shiina is super awesome. Remember all those precious cat plushies she saved? Instead of an extra rage causing Yuri face they should have given us a cat. XD


Photobucket

Shiina is here to kick ass as quietly as possible. I am sure she will make tons of friends.


Photobucket

And here is....wait who is she? The girl who had 3 lines in the entire show? Why not give us Hinata?!?! He was way more popular than bluetooth girl. There were many members of the core team and I think Yusa (that's her name in case people forgot) was more on the outside. Why Good Smile WHY?!


Photobucket

On to set 2. This one was super hard to find. While people were giving out Set 1 as party favors the entire time I was in Japan I only saw 2 boxes of set 2 and both of them were at consignment type shops. And neither were at the original price value. XD But still better than buying it here in the United States.


Photobucket

While I don't Yui's hair color quite right she is still pretty cute. Everyone is twice as adorable when they come with a guitar.


Photobucket

Otonashi is pretty bummed that he is the only dude to make it into the sets but will do his best to battle on! He is always ready and able to shoot anyone...or befriend them. Either way.


Photobucket

And here is the main reason I think set 2 was much harder to come by. Tenshi and her awesome blade arms of DEATH! She can slice and dice any of her enemies but since she is really a kind girl at heart she can just make everyone some really great sushi instead.


Photobucket

Yuri's hat is very cute. But Tenshi's wings are too adorable for words! Let's get a better view of them from behind.


Photobucket

Fly on Tenshi. Still super cute. Although I had the urge to try and hook them to the back of her head instead of behind her back like they were suppose to go.


Photobucket

This concludes another happy edition of Tenchi Went to Japan and Brought Back 4397 nendoroids. If you are thinking about buying both sets of Angel Beats! I would do it sooner rather than later as set two is hard to get. I hope you enjoyed the cuteness!


No comments: