Friday, August 26, 2011

No. 6 episode 8: Nezumi is a fairy.

BEHOLD! I have not one but TWO pieces of giant cake. And I got to go to work today. Go me folks. Go me. 3 months I was livin it up in Japan and now I am happy that I was ALLOWED to go to work today. LE SIGH!

Also I hope everyone is safe and hiding from the hurricane that is trying wipe New Jersey off the map. I could make a joke about God and the Jersey Shore but I am sure that would be in bad taste. I just pray for those already affected and that the damage remains as minimal as possible. When someone says get out GO! It is not worth staying and saving money of hotels,travel, ect.! Go!

Photobucket

Sadly no mention of the kiss in this episode. Also no new kisses. :(

But if you are out of the danger zone and need something to read have no fear! No. 6 episode 8 is up and subbed! Spoilers for….WTFness!



Photobucket

That was my first guess too. Parasite bee that busts randomly out of people and try to nom their souls. Exactly.

Episode Summary: Nezumi and Sion make their way to a huge crater in the middle of nowhere. Nezumi warns Sion they are about to be captured and to let it happen. They are taken inside a huge cave with people watching. An old dude is brought before them and asks why Nezumi he has returned. Nezumi proceeds to show the old dude the picture Rikiga gave him. Rikiga is in the picture as well as Karan, people who helped found No. 6. And in the center is the old dude. GASP! Sion is like wtf is going on and the old dude demands that he strip. After being shown the weird marks on Sion the old dude is like ah I see parasite bees. There is a brief scene of Safu trying to wake up but being stuck in a dream with Sion. People above her are talking about how Safu might be a successful sample and all will be well. But Safu starts to hear a song and goes AHHHHHH. Nezumi hears the same song and nearly passes out. The old dude tells Nezumi to sing the song and he does. It is very sparkly. No really the water and the rocks all sparkle over the song. Sion is concerned over Nezumi’s health and demands answers from the old dude, even if the answers shock him. The old dude is like….Elyurias.

Photobucket

Bring on the sparkles!!!!!

Yoming takes Karan home and at the same time Yoming and the Old Dude explain the past and creation of No. 6. All the people in that picture helped to create No. 6, it being one of six places left after war where people could live safely. But soon some of the creators had a bit of the evil in them and wanted to control all the people. Yoming starts talking about how No. 6 took his wife and son and he is apart of a group to go up against No. 6 elites. Karan is like OH CRAP what to do. Old Dude takes it a step further. He found a beautiful forest area home to FAIRIES and head FAIRY Elyurias was beyond awesome in her sparkles and what not. Old Dude studied her power and for that No. 6 cast him out (with tons of other people). Soon after No. 6 came to destroy the fairy village and take Elyurias’s powers. Everyone was destroyed except Nezumi. Sion is like NO WAY you are a forest person?! Nezumi is like even though I am a forest person I have never seen Elyurias. The Old dude says well you hear her song and if you destroy No. 6 you will be no better than them. The Old dude then gives Sion all the information necessary to save Safu once she is rescued. He also reveals he was the first survivor of bee-itis. Yoming leaves Karan asking her to join the cause. Sion and Nezumi leave the cave people resolved to save Safu. When they return home DogWatcher and Rikiga are there too. After some talking they all agree to at least save Safu and maybe take down No. 6 too. Karan receives a note from Sion saying BYE MOM GONNA DIE NOW! The end!

X_____X

Photobucket

Nezumi is the last survivor of....what?

Do…what…what? What did I just watch? I mean I thought I was watching a Sci-Fi type show with an evil city and two boys (in love) trying to make their way in a cruel world that has been dominated by No. 6. But now I get fairy people of the forest.
People. Of the forest.

Photobucket

Wait forest people?! X__X

So now I see why Nezumi didn’t want to tell Sion this sad story. It is one thing to think that killer bees are coming out of people and that No. 6 might be evil enough to cause it. It is another thing to believe in tree people of the forest, some crazy fairy god, and that Nezumi can sing a song that makes water sparkle. SPARKLE FOLKS!

This is all making sense. Nezumi wanted to make sure that Sion really, REALLY liked him before unleashing the crazy upon him. Got a kiss? Guess he can handle the truth. If not at least I got a kiss out of the deal.

At least No. 6 is good at surprising people. I thought hey the people in charge of crazy town are trying to control people with bees. Turns out Princess of the Tree People has inflicted her bee children into those who benefits from her/her children’s destruction. Did not see that one coming so good job No. 6. Good job.

Photobucket

Forest people?!

I don’t think I have quite vocalized how X___X I am about this whole situation. I mean….I guess I did ask for something more than Nezumi being captured and that is the whole reason for his hatred for No. 6. I did ask that. I just didn’t think he would be the last survivor from Fern Gully. I didn’t. And since Safu can hear this random song too I am just going to assume for the sake of crazy that they are really TWINS and feel drawn to Sion because he alone can help repopulate their race. Because at this point male pregnancy would be the least weird thing about what is going on.

I am a little surprised on how new No. 6 really is. From the way grandma was talking I assumed that all these tough times were in the deep past, not like….16 years ago. Okay maybe more than 16 years ago but Sion’s momma is looking pretty good so I am assuming it hasn’t been TOO TOO LONG. In any event most of the people alive would remember the old times and such. Really this reign of power No. 6 has is recent and I am surprised that more people haven’t rebelled seeing as they have known other ways of life and surely can see through the lies.

Photobucket

AHA! It all makes sense now!

But I guess after living through multiple and devastating wars people might be okay with being ruled by people in the shadows so they can have a chance to live. But as we have seen a lot of people are living on the outside. Not as nicely but they are free and don’t have to constantly worry about talking badly about the city. Well not until next week when a bulldozer runs them down.

So the real problem I have with the fairy of the forest crap is simple. Mr Old Wise dude said there were only 6 places on Earth that they could establish cities. So…..when these all powerful people were looking to rebuild civilization they MISSED the forest people? No one knew of the forest people BEFORE the great wars? I mean…yes this is an unbelievable show with crazy stuff but some stuff just needs to make sense. You can’t say these were the ONLY places to live on Earth when we got a village of fairy folk close enough to study. That is just too much crazy for me.

Photobucket

Can you fly Nezumi? CAN YOU FLY?!

And yes Nezumi is a fairy. He sang and the water sparkled. That makes him a special little glow worm. Maybe next time No. 6 has the last survivor of the fairy race they shouldn’t shoot him with guns and such. He might better off to you alive. Not as shark bait. Perhaps if everyone left the fairy people alone they could have sang their little songs and brought the world back to life.

Photobucket

Had to kill grandma so they could get Safu without making people wonder.

Or maybe not. But No. 6 could have kept on trucking and not have to worry about killer bees. But now they have to use the best of the best (AKA Safu) to find a cure. Given the rate that they get rid of people that know too much I would say they need all the elites they have left. After all someone has to create new toys and lovelies to distract the masses from the evil that is the powers that bee. HAHA!

Photobucket

You are hugging the person who helped create No. 6. Obviously you missed something with your research.

As a side not I wonder why No 6. (well some of the people in power) acted the way they did. If they didn’t kidnap people all the time no one would be forming groups to go up against them. They created a city for people to live in and basically held all the power. If people were talking smack why not give them more? Or at least with your all powerful awesomeness create a forgetful ray like in Men In Black. What is good being in power when there are only 5 other cities in the world and apparently none of them are as crazy as you? Sorta like WOOHOO I want to rule the world but if no one is left who really cares? I think this paragraph made more sense in my head. Just I don’t see why No. 6 would turn against its own people and why the people would allow this to happen.

Photobucket

Can I go back to 5 minutes ago when there weren't forest people? Please?

So I think it is safe to say that no. 6 is full of creepos and the other cities are not affected by the bees because they did not kill the fairy folk. But that still does not explain why No.6 allows contact with other cities. Why not just lie and say they are the only ones left? Why let them see what non crazy looks like? Wouldn’t that make people want to rebel even more?

I really thought Karan was going to get up and stab Yoming in the face. I mean…we got fairy people now. Karan is one of the founders of the city. Anything is possible.

But it seems that Karan is not a bad guy. Just really, really dumb. Or maybe she is just out of the loop. I don’t know what kind of falling out she had with the other founders but 4 years ago she was lalaing around the house and now she is okay working in a bakery. One would think they (the evil founders) would have tried to take out Karan and raise their genius son to be awesome. The old dude was run off so why is Karan allowed to live a semi okay life?

Oh and Nezumi sung nice. With the sparkles.

Photobucket

Let's do this! Pay no attention to the previews where things end horribly!

So after all the glowing water, fairy songs, and killer bees the gang regroups. DogWatcher and Rikiga are down for saving Safu and bringing No. 6 down. Which is good for us. If Rikiga is with our gang that means if someone kicks it will be him. XD Because people over the age of 20 are always up to be sacrificed in the name of young love. Especially when they feel overprotective anyway.

Fairy people. Of the forest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Please help me for Christ sake

Marona said...

Huh? Maybe I didn't get everything, but Nezumi's people are fairies? I thought they were just forest people . . . whatever that means.

And yeah, I think there is some kind of resemblance between Safu and Nezumi. I was thinking that they are either related, or just happen to be from the same place, or Safu's family are descendants of forest people. And if Nezumi and Safu are in fact related, they may have been captured around the same time but Safu may have been released into society a little sooner than Nezumi. My guess is Safu's granny may have adopted Safu or something. Or granny kept their origin on the down low so that Safu could have a relatively decent life. It's even possible granny and Safu encountered each other outside of the city, so granny may not have known what happened to Safu's people.

But clearly Safu does not identify as a forest person. So either she's forgotten some things, or wasn't too old to remember, or her memories have been erased.

But yeah, that reveal was so left field in my opinion. Just not expecting it. And this Elyurias person, she's the cause of the bee infestation? That would make sense though, her seeking vengeance against the people who attacked her own.

Nezumi sang quite beautifully but I'm wondering what is the purpose of all the sparkles? I thought the song was going to like grow trees or some shit. But it really didn't do anything other than give us a pretty water show.

Mama's new boy friend looks like trouble even though he did help her out.

But I think Mama was having a bit of a dilemma b/c she's also responsible for No. 6's creation. Or was she? For whatever reason she's living a mostly comfortable life.

You know, Safu and Nezumi have a similar presence when it comes to their performances. Like when Safu presents information about the brain and when Nezumi acts or sings. So I'm wondering if Safu and Nezumi are twins who were perhaps separated at birth. Nezumi doesn't really talk about his family so who knows. And I really think they have similar looking faces.

But wow we waited eight episodes for this explanation. I hope things seem a little less WTF next episode.

Christina said...

Majid Ali- I think if we all keeping nodding our heads and smiling everything will make sense. Until it revealed Elyurias is not really a fairy, but a Queen bee making all of No. 6 her drones since her previously colony was destroyed.

Marona- I think in my shock all I could think was fairy, Fern Gully, and maybe Avatar. It was just so out of left field the OBVIOUS answer is a fairy. Who makes the water sparkle and hears a random song that no one (well besides Safu) else hears.

Just...forest people? FOREST PEOPLE?! I have no idea what that means. I mean I guess they aren't BEE people so it isn't as crazy as it could be.

It seems like every season so far this year has had a crazy twin on the side. Maybe Nezumi is going to get his turn only they are both after the same dude. Maybe Safu had some crazy memory lose shock dude to the fact Hometree just got destroyed. And since we have seen old people acting shady in this show I wouldn't put it past that knitting granny to adopt a random forest kid. But of course she really grew to love her over time.

I am sure they are really not fairies. Well like 90 percent sure. But since the words FOREST PEOPLE were used so casually I have no idea at this point. We do have bees flying out of people's necks. But when this was all going down all I could think was fairy. X__X

Mom was like oh....so you know all of this...and don't know that I was involved too? So maybe that is why Mom decided to stay at home because this dude really doesn't have the power to save her if he can't figure out who she is. But mom was 19 kinds of uncomfortable and next episode it looks like Yoming loses his mind. If I lost my wife and child I probably would too though.

After begging for an explanation I kinda wish we were in the dark still. Without forest people and sparkling water.