Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fall 2011 Anime Line-Up!

Hello there readers!!! I am awake. On my random FORCED day off I….went back to bed and hated the world. XD So much was accomplished. Well and I made a doctor’s appointment because according my calendar it has been an entire year since I last saw her so yeah. Apparently when making doctor’s appointments you need to call a month in advance. If you call three weeks in advance everything is booked up. Crazy people knowing their schedules so much in advance.

So now we are sitting here chillin and watching the English language be butchered by people on Big Brother. I am sure I wouldn’t fare any better but I am not on TV now am I? XD Go me.

Photobucket

Ready for the leaves to change color? Wait what leaves? XD

Since I am sitting here doing nothing and we are getting close to double digits on the Summer Anime Line-up I thought I would mosey on over to the internets and see what is coming up soon. Some of these synopsizes (?) are more in depth than others so tiny spoilers I guess? Well since that one is a prequel spoilers are obvious I guess. JUST IN CASE!


Fate/Zero


Photobucket

Bring on the prequels!!!


Synopsis: Fate/zero takes place 10 years prior to the events of Fate/stay night, detailing the events of the 4th Holy Grail War in Fuyuki City. The War of the Holy Grail is a contest in which seven magi summon seven Heroic Spirits to compete to obtain the power of the "Holy Grail," which grants a miracle. After three inconclusive wars for the elusive Holy Grail, the Fourth War commences.

Founded by the Einzbern, Matō, and Tōsaka families centuries ago, the Einzbern family is determined to achieve success after three successive failures, no matter the cost. As a result, they have elected to bring the hated magus killer, Kiritsugu Emiya, into their ranks, despite his methods and reputation as a skilled mercenary and a hitman who employs whatever he can use to accomplish his goals. Though Kiritsugu had once wanted to become a hero who could save everyone, he has long since abandoned this ideal upon realizing that saving one person comes at the cost of another's life. For the sake of humanity, he will ruthlessly destroy anything and anyone who threatens the peace of others.

However, Kiritsugu finds himself deeply torn between the love he has found for his new family - his wife Irisviel and their daughter Illya - and what he must do to obtain the Holy Grail. Meanwhile, Kiritsugu's greatest opponent appears in the form of Kirei Kotomine, a priest who cannot find any sense of fulfillment in his life and sets his sights on Kiritsugu as the possible answer to the emptiness he feels.

- taken from Wikipedia

Air Date: October 2011….

As I posted yesterday I love Saber so I watched Fate/Stay Night. But now that this is a prequel I wonder if I will like the series just the same. We already know the outcome but maybe it will be interesting to see the “parents” as it were going at it and how they passed their values on to their children. It will be a different experience I am sure. Plus I have forgotten a lot of the Fate/Stay Night series so no matter what some of it will be new to me. XD

But I will miss Saber. Well more accurately I will miss the Saber I know and her interactions with Shiro.


Guilty Crown


Photobucket

So many viruses destroying the world...


Synopsis- The story takes place in Tokyo in 2039. After the outbreak of the unidentified virus "Lost Christmas" in 2029, Japan has been under the control of a multinational organization called GHQ. Ohma Shu is a 17 year old boy who has a psychic power in his right hand. He can use the power "Ability of King" to extract tools or weapons from his friends. He has been avoiding making trouble for others but his life changes when he meets a girl named Yuzuriha Inori, a member of a resistance guerrilla group called "Undertaker", whose members pilot mecha weapons to fight against the government.

-taken from MyAnimeList

Air Date: October 2011

Does anyone have exact dates up in this internet? XD Or am I use to posting later when the dates are available?

I think the concept of pulling weapons out of people might be fun. Obviously weird from the pulley but still. Fun. We have the potential for zombies too. But that is me reading too much into the virus thing. Maybe it just killed everyone…on Christmas. Still society sounds like it is a mess and people are unhappy. And we got mechas. Don’t want too many mechas so maybe I will give this a chance. Yay young people going up against the government. Just hope the psychic power is explained at some point. XD


Kimi To Boku


Photobucket

Just a bunch of guys...having a sleep over....


Synopsis- The story revolves around four teens — the good-looking twins Yuuta and Yuuki Asaba, the effeminate Shun Matsuoka, and the class head Kaname Tsukahara — who have known each other since early childhood. While they are not necessarily good or bad friends, they continue to hang out well into high school. The half-Japanese transfer student Chizuru Tachibana joins the circle of friends in this comedy about the everyday life of adolescence.

-taken from MyAnimeList

Air Date: October 2011 REALLY?! I AM SHOCKED!!!

Putting my yaoi colored glasses aside I am interested in where this could go. Can we have a slice of life show with all boys and them remain friends OR will it turn into a yaoi free for all? I mean I am up for shipping characters after the fact but I would like the series to be about friends and not crazy over the top yaoi antics. Am I making any sense? Probably not. But since Shun is already being labeled effeminate I am assuming there are going to be some yaoi undertones.

So I shall see. Which is weird because I should be all over this yes? I suppose if there were tons of shows about just guys hanging out I would be YEAH bring on the yaoi. But since this concept seems…NEW to me I would like to see it done as just friends, like K-On!!, having fun and not exchanging bodily fluids. Well in the show anyway. XD Fanfics woohoo!!!

X__X Did any of that make sense?


Photobucket

Three times the charm?


Shakugan No Shana III


Synopsis- Third and final season about an ordinary boy named Yuji and how his life changed after meeting a Flame Haze named Shana. After meeting Shana Yuji learns secrets about the world, that he is already DEAD, and that everything around him is about ready to change forever. Despite pretending to be a hard jaded girl Shana sticks around to protect the Torch Yuji from random danger that pops up.

-made up by me and it shows XD

I watched the first two seasons so I will sign up for the third. However I thought the first season was a lot better than the second. Too much focus on building Yuji a harem and not enough of Shana being a butt kicker. Hopefully they go back to the formula of season one. That might not be possible as a certain girl in Yuji’s life will have her own I MIGHT DISAPPEAR drama going on but hopefully Yuji will REMEMBER picking Shana on Christmas. I can hope anyway.


Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)


Photobucket

Who knew paper could be so deadly?


Synopsis- Yukiteru always rejected any offers to go with friends and just keeps writing a diary on his cell phone. He has what he believes is an imaginary friend called Deus Ex Machina. However, one day Deus asks him to play a survival game along with eleven others. The winner becomes the next Deus Ex Machina. In order to win, the contestants must use their diaries of the future to eliminate one another. For Yukiteru to survive, he must team up with another diary holder, a girl named Yuno.

Each player is assigned a number based on the order that Deus modified his or her diary. The diaries begin to record the future in the same manner their future selves would have written down events, with some even being able to influence the beings whose future they divulge to the owner; the only exception to this rule is when the holder reaches a Dead End, a time when their lives would be finished without significant intervention. Each diary varies in its properties and functions depending on the owner's personality, occupation and lifestyle and they all have their shortcomings. The diaries can be used without the owner's consent should they fall into another's hands. Since the diaries are written from the perspective of the owner's future self, the future can still be misinterpreted and thus the entries can become inaccurate. In addition to killing someone through normal means, if a diary is destroyed or broken, the owner also dies.

-taken from Wikipedia

Since I was getting up there on the animes I had to make a decision between this show and Persona 4. Since I am not really familiar with the games I decided to go with Future Diary. Because I am a sheep. MOOOOOOO!

But yes. I will try to blog 5 animes this season. If I like them all of course. Future Diary sounds a little bit like Death Note but not exactly. Sounds like the man dude is already halfway to crazy with his imaginary friend deal. But I think I like the concept of misinterpreting your own version of events written by a future you. I am sure all the participates will join in this battle thing without knowing all the rules and Kyubey will appear at the end killing them all. Good times good times.

So I think that is about it. Unless something magical and new comes out or someone blogs about a show not on my list and I find out it is awesome. But for now that is my list. And they ALL start in October. Shocker. XD So here is to a busy Fall Season? Good thing I didn’t try this many shows in Spring/Summer. Hopefully all the shows on people’s must watch lists are awesome. But….if not hopefully they are awesomely bad so we can snark them together. XD

7 comments:

eternia said...

I am going to watch Fate/Zero, Shana and Mirai Nikki.
I am a bit hesitating for Miraki Nikki (future diary) though, because I have read the manga, and in my opinion, it has a LOT of logic fails. You have to be a great author in order to write this kind of story.

Christina said...

Eternia- I think Fate/Zero might be a little weird. But as I said already I have forgotten so much of the series maybe it will all be new to me. XD I wonder how Saber will be like.

Shana had a weird second season so I am hoping we back away from all the girls and YAY school aspects of the show and back to business.

The idea behind Future Diary sounds weird. In Death Note we know what the Death Notes are. In Eden of the East the basic plot was out there, just not the reasoning behind it. Not sure why kids would want to kill each other because.....a something told them too. Maybe they will make up their own logic to fill in the holes from the manga.

eternia said...

As long as I can remember, the story is something like this, the protagonist (boy) exchanged diary with a girl through cellphone messages. But somehow, the cellphone reveals messages from future as well. Those messages will be constantly updated depending on their current action.
Yes, this kind of future/past tweaking is a genre which is really hard to write. And I think the author doesn't have the sufficient skill to do it.
BTW, blood-C episode 7 was released already, but we should probably call it Blood-Censored.
^_^

Christina said...

Eternia- BLEH Texting? I guess they have to keep up with the times. But hopefully the diary is a real diary as reading subtitles on tiny phone screens can be hard. XD But I do like the possibilities of messing up your own future because you misinterpreted your own message.

It is too late to watch Blood-C boo!!! After last week though how can they censor anymore? But I guess we really do know what the C stands for. Or maybe confused....

TheGirlwithChocolateShoes said...

I'll definitely watch Fate/Zero! My sister read the novels and she tells me what happens and all. So I was like, ooooh, this is gonna be fun. Gahaha, can't wait for the feast of the 3 kings part, it's gonna be funny.
MIRAI NIKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. Must watch that too. One of the most epic manga I've read. Though I haven't finished it yet LOL. I think I need to read a few chapters left.

Anonymous said...

Will be watching Fate/Zero, but lately the animes I wind up liking the most aren't the ones I planned on watching.

I can't imagine there's actually MORE censoring in Ep.7 of Blood-C. Maybe by 12 they'll just have audio and a black screen. That. Would. Be. Awesome. :/

Surprised you didn't list Sekaiichi Hatsukoi (hello spelling!) Season 2.

Christina said...

TheGirlWithChocolateShoes- I hope there are some funny parts to Fate/Zero. The synopsis on Wiki seemed very serious business. X__X Of course I am just wondering about my girl Saber...

Hopefully future diary doesn't confuse me too much. Might be hard keeping track of all the future timelines. X_X

Anonymous- X__X? Is there really a season two already? The list I saw didn't have a season two. Would one be out already? If that is the case I would probably drop something to blog that.

I guess I am just jaded to violence after years of Sci-Fi movies. I don't see the harm in having some people get nommed by monsters. I just find it funny we got boobies all over the place in animes but heaven forbid we see some fake blood and guts.