Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh Hi Nendoroid Saber Super Moveable Edition

Welcome to another exciting post of Tenchi's House Looks like a Toy Store. I have been doing some counting and apparently I need to get my butt in gear. If I don't want to bog my blog down with 5748 nendoroid posts a week before Anime Weekend Atlanta now is the time to start posting 2 a week.

X__X Why does it both seem like forever and yesterday that I went to Japan and picked up all those lovelies? I can't wait to go back but sadly the funds of zero dollars might be hampering that trip slightly. Also you can't go on a trip of a lifetime every year. XD So I will cling to all my memories, pictures, and souvenirs while going through every day normal life.

Photobucket

SUPER MOVEABLE! So says the box.

Up now is one of my cheapest finds on my entire nendoroid journey! Why Hello there Saber. Exactly how many nendoroids do I need of you before I reach my limit?


Photobucket

I love Saber a lot. I really do. One of my very first nendoroids was of her, before I knew where the heck she came from or really what her name was. All I knew is cute girl riding an animal= cute! But soon I found out she came from Fate/Stay Night and I watched the anime. Perhaps if I played the games I would appreciate her different outfits more but hey cute is cute right?


Photobucket

Behold all the swords!!! Now I do love Saber but since I already have two versions of her she wasn't SUPER high on my must have list. The reason that Saber made it into our many bags and eventually a suitcase was because I found her for the low, LOW price of 2,000 yen. X____X I have never paid so little for a nendoroid in my life. I was like....is this for real? Are you bootlegged? Let me pick you up and examine you about 47387 times. But the store had three of them and all looked legit. So despite the fact I said 1 hour earlier that I wasn't buying anything that day Saber went straight into my hands. Ding, another hit on my wallet.


Photobucket

Basic version of Saber. I think a lot of the newer nendoroids are going to come with these new stands. I guess it is to help make better poses and such. That and it seems easier to make the nendoroid stand steady. But this isn't just another version of Saber. No no folks she really is SUPER MOVEABLE!


Photobucket

Oh snap an up-skirt shot on this blog? XD No. Just trying to show you how Super Moveable Saber really is. Basically her skirt is very flexible plastic, to the point where it is not really a skirt but almost a fan. And her legs aren't normal legs either, which makes them easier to bend and move around.


Photobucket

Better picture showing how fanned out the skirt can be. This way Saber can really take a battle pose in a more natural way. Cute yes?


Photobucket

Better picture of the leg. To get the full of poses a full leg wouldn't work so we got is a sorta stump type deal. They are much easier to get off the frame but that means they fall off a lot easier too. Or maybe I am just a weak girl who doesn't want to damage the figurines so I don't push hard enough. XD


Photobucket

Saber is well known for her swords and as such her extra pieces make it easier for her to hold the swords and sheaths. I actually like the poses where she is just holding the sheaths and not ready for action. Makes her look more regal like.


Photobucket

View from the side. Her hands do look a little silly but I don't know how else they could make them look while staying within the realm of the outfit and being able to hold the sheath.


Photobucket

View from behind. I absolutely love Saber's hair. Simple in the front and battle ready/cute in the back. A true warrior but still a girl at heart.


Photobucket

But don't mess with Saber. She comes with a few other faces and one of them is of a crazed demon who has just been told the rum AND Code Red is gone. Approach at your own risk.


Photobucket

I think Saber's outstretched fingers look a little more detailed than her fisted hands. Still I wouldn't want to mess with that.


Photobucket

View from the side. She gonna go gangsta on you or something.


Photobucket

The way Saber is holding that sword makes it look like she is offering us a bite of some ice cream. Have a lick or DIE!!


Photobucket

Ah there is a better picture of the sword. Now we can see it is a weapon and not a delicious treat. It looks like she is pointing and saying yeah, that is my sword. Wanna do something about it?


Photobucket

Time to power up the sword. She is summoning the ice cream gods I think.


Photobucket

Last picture for this post. I should have moved her skirt slightly over but I really like this pose and picture. Her sorta smile face is cute too. Hard to decide. But I am super happy with my purchase. And what a deal I got with her too! Saber happily takes her spot in the case with the other nendoroids. Not sure how many more Sabers I can talk myself into buying but if a cute one comes out at the right price I will probably buy her. For now...fight on!! XD


5 comments:

TheGirlwithChocolateShoes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheGirlwithChocolateShoes said...

SABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER~!
And it's the movable version too! Great buy, great buy~

(Sorry, had a typo so I deleted the first comment XD Was too late to realize OTL)

Christina said...

TheGirlwithChocolateShoes- I make typos all the time. XD

It was a super buy! When I saw the price I was like is this for real? I was worried about the possibilities of bootlegs but it is the real deal. XD Maybe in another year it will be at the consignment shops for 8000 yen, with all Ritsu (K-On!!). But for now I will party on with my 2000 yen self.

The Super Moveable version is so cute. If I had more patience I could make a whole blog posts with just her cute leg/skirt movements. Fight on Saber!

G2 said...

"Exactly how many nendoroids do I need of you before I reach my limit?"

I LOLed when reading this comment of yours. I have been asking myself similar questions since I first picked up Sebastian Michaelis. I better stop reading your lovely post(s) before emptying out my fund for Christmas gifts for my loved ones.

Christina said...

G2- Figurines are so addictive. And since Nendoroids are on the tiny side we need a lot of them to make the shelf look full. From each pay check I put aside money for presents for other people. Then I never touch it again except for said presents. It can be difficult at times but that helps me manage my money, by putting some money aside to never touch except for specific purposes.

But in regards to Christmas.....XD Time to make a list and hand it out to relatives.