Saturday, February 16, 2013

Magical Girls Unite! Nendoroid Kyoko Sakura completes the group!

Nendoroid posts all over the place! I take a long break so now I have few under my belt to post. You know for when work gets too crazy and I don't feel like doing anything else.
Photobucket
Let me out of this box already!
I can't even remember when I received Kyoko. X___X It has been that long. I did order her the day she became available so this post is a long time coming.
Photobucket
Kyoko is the last magical girl I needed from the show Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. It seems like just yesterday I was watching that show, waiting every week for one more new episode. Now it is an old show. Oh the world we live in.
Photobucket
Sayaka should have been the last magical girl released but I guess since Kyoko was introduced last this makes sense....
Photobucket
Look at me I am smiling! Kyoko I think had a variety of characteristics and a big range while the other girls sorta stayed within who they were on first meeting. If that makes sense. I think that Sayaka was always crazy so my theory works. So Sayaka smiling so happy like this when she spent most of the series with a frowny/angry face on...maybe it makes sense.
Photobucket
This is Sayaka's handy weapon. I had a bit of problems getting the spear in her hand. Usually the nendoroid weapons have pegs that hook into special hands but this is not the case with the spear.
Photobucket
As you can see Kyoko is really only holding her spear with one hand. You gotta...jab the the rod into her fans and I always worry I am going to break things or smear paint. Rarw! Next time add the little pegs and holes in the hands.
Photobucket
Kyoko is a lucky girl as her weapon sorta turns into another one. In the show the spear has chains in it giving it the appearance of a whip like...thing. I am sure there is a word for it but it escapes me right now.
Photobucket
The pictures lie! That or I was using the wrong arms to try to get this spear whip to work. Go around her body now!
Photobucket
I might be in the middle of battle but I need to eat too. Kyoko comes with two treats in case she gets really hungry.
Photobucket
Close up of the noms. These are pretty good, the "chocolate" filled ones anyway.
Photobucket
Kyoko is here to kick Kyoko to the curb hurray! I am sure she will fit in nicely with the other lovelies? What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they made Sayaka the last girl to come out as a nendoroid, no one would be waiting for her. At least with Kyoko, people could be like, damn when's Kyoko coming out, guess I'll buy Sayaka while I'm waiting.

I hate when they can't hold their weapons. I got Tsubasa from Symphogear as a figma, and she has issues with her giant blade. She looks inexperienced in holding it, like she'd be toast if she had to fight with it, not the Tsubasa I know who is a badass.

Love your nendoroid posts, can live vicariously while my figure release dates are perpetually being delayed!

Christina said...

Anonymous- You are probably right about Sayaka. That and Kyoko does officially show up last in the series so I can't throw too much of a fit.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with figurine problems. Well not glad because I know how frustrating it is but good to know I am not dumb. Like come on I just want to make the nendoroid look like the picture on the box, is that asking too much? XD

:( I hope that your figurines come soon. But hopefully the delays are for positive reasons, like improving things, and not because there are blah blah Big Business Drama.