Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mirai Nikki episode 7

WEEEEEE! No work until Saturday. My wallet cries but my heart sings! And then next week is a Christmas Party at my husband’s work. YAY HOLIDAYS!

Also what the heck is Small Business Saturday? Is that just American Express making up a holiday to make it seem that they care about small businesses? Or is this a legit new “shopping” holiday. Either way my main shopping day is December 26th. XD Most of the Christmas presents have already been bought. I rather get deals all year long and not be run over by middle age housewives to save 5 dollars on something.

Photobucket

MOG what happens to me this week?!

I know it is not Mirai Nikki’s turn but…I don’t care. XD I want to blog about it now so I shall. Spoilers for people getting hurt YAY!



Photobucket

Oh hi my diary sucks. Good thing I stole everything from Homura weeee!

Episode Summary: Reisuke is in the bathroom talking to his sock puppets. The sock puppets tell us that Reisuke’s diary pretty much sucks and he only gets updates 3 times a day. Reisuke decides he will make up for his lack of diary with ultra planning on his part. Aka the poison in his bag wee!! At lunch Reisuke is all WEEEE I can’t wait for them to eat the poison tomatoes I put in the salad. But Yuno knows the weight of the tomatoes is off so she throws away the salads. Yuno and Reisuke do a little dance in the hallway, getting jabs in on each other. Next it is bath time. Yuki goes first and dries his hair in the living room. He gets a notice that Yuno is about to be terribly hurt in the bathroom. He won’t make it in time so he short circuits the house. He does so just in time as Reisuke was about to electrocute Yuno. Now Yuki totally believes Reisuke is a diary owner. Minene is off doing her own thing when Mr. Cop texts her that Yuno and Yuki are in trouble. Minene is like and I care why? But we viewers care because Minene has the cutest pets EVER! Yuki has decides that he is going to search the entire house for the diary. Yuno thinks it would be best if they just stabbed Reisuke to death and called it a day. Yuki searches the entire place and even digs up the back yard. Yuno gets really bored with this idea and takes a hammer and chases after Reisuke. Reisuke escapes and Yuno accidentally bashes momma in the head. Yuki whom spells his name with too many k’s and I don’t care is pretty pissed and rightfully so. He tells Yuno she better find that diary or else. So Yuno gets on the kitchen table and prays to the crazy gods. She gets a vision that Reisuke has sent the diary to a convenient store and that it will be mailed to the house later today.

Photobucket

Oh snap you got TOLD!

Yuki tries to be a hero and snatches the package from Reisuke’s hand. Only it was rigged with nerve gas if opened the wrong way. Smoke fills the house and Yuno gets Yuki into the bathroom. It is too late though as he breathed in a great deal and his condition will only get worse. Reisuke says he has the antidote but Yuno has to risk her life to chase him around the house for it. Yuno is successful in running around and not succumbing to the gas. Yuno corners him upstairs but Reisuke goes for the electrocute trick again and this time it was successful! Yuki realizes he cannot help Yuno if he is hiding in the bathroom so he ventures off into crazy land. Reisuke thinks back to his hard family life and how he wanted to prove he could live on his own. Now he has beat elite people so life is grand right? Yuki runs out of the room and gives Yuno on the breath in his lungs…then collapses on the stairs. Yuno then gets up and stabs Reisuke and his diary. Reisuke declares Yuno an elite but points out that she and Yuki can’t make it to the end together. Yuno is like whatever and gets the antidote. But then she collapses too and things are looking bad. Only Minene shows up and drags their bodies outside. Minene tells Yuki he better get rid of Yuno soon or things are going to end really bad for him. THE END!

X__X That was a fast death.

I would like to go on record and say that I have liked every single episode of Mirai Nikki that has aired so far. I can’t remember the last time has happened to me with a show. Err maybe Madoka now that I think about it. Granted I did not like Sayaka and her whining but it doesn’t mean the episode wasn’t good. But other than that usually there is one episode out of 7 that is just okay. For a lot of people on the internet this arc was just okay but to me I was pretty impressed. The X__X keeps on coming. Or maybe I like this show so much I see it through rose colored glasses.

Photobucket

Yep. Your plan sucks. Now don't I look adorable?

That being said I think Yuki is pretty stupid. I mean….what was he going to do once he got Reisuke’s diary? I mean….what was he really going to do? Try and talk the kid down? Maybe once Yuki realized how serious chemistry boy was he would have just wanted to get the diary as it is easier to explain a missing kid than a dead body.

Right Yuno? Silly girl.

Photobucket

Yuno should get a job as a royal taste tester.

I think I am going to give Yuno a pass on the tomato matter. Was that a bit of a stretch? Maybe. But since I am under the impression that Yuno has been through all this before she might have a leg up on the other diary users. Of course that would mean they know what is going on too….unless Yuno is magical. But since everything Yuno does is weird to me I am just going to chalk it up to that. That Yuno knows the correct weight of tomatoes and is checking the tire pressure on every single bus and actually checks Yuki’s mail before he receives it.

Photobucket

Yes this was super effective plan yay!

While I think Yuki’s problems were not going to be solved killing Reisuke I didn’t think Yuno’s plan was any better. I think they should have looked for the diary and then DESTROY IT! Not kill Reisuke and not find the diary and go from there. Destroy it. Funny how Yuno is so well thought out about everything else but her top way to solve problems involves a knife.

I thought Reisuke was smart to hide his diary once Yuki and Yuno were actively on to him. I didn’t really think about the whole mail thing. I guess I thought it was a bit much. However it is a lot better than what I really thought was happening. Reisuke was in the bathroom a lot folks. We had a drugged/rapped girl and someone running around with a missing eye. Swallowing and pooping out your diary seemed to be a gross yet reasonable way to hide your diary.

Photobucket

And mom is down for the count!

I thought when Yuno hit Yuki’s mom it was game over. Yes it was an accident but given everything else Yuno has done and what we KNOW she said about her bag of tools..I thought it was game over. Yuki had a right to flip out and take Yuno out. Luckily he was able to hold it together. Maybe if momma died it would have been a different issue. But I was like OH CRAP this is looking bad.

Photobucket

That kid is gangsta!

Can we talk about Rambo Kid for a second? Because I am pretty sure this 5 year old is smarter than me. Also I want to know where this kid got all the lovely supplies? Poisoning, some sort of nerve gas, a gas mask, antidotes against poisoning, ect. Like…did the kid NOT kill his parents so he could have access to KillsRUs? Because DAMN people. So while all that stuff was pretty unbelievable (like hello the social worker just let him pack all that crap) at least he was ready for anything.

Photobucket

Well at least he doesn't revenge for those scum bucket right?

I don’t think I feel sorry for Reisuke at all. His reasoning behind what he wanted out of this competition was a bit strange. I was not expecting that. I mean he has rapist parents who then fought when they got home and ignored their kid. How much more messed up could they have been? So Yuno killing them was actually a good thing. But then it turns out the kid just wanted to prove he could live on his own? I don’t know, I was expecting more of a reason. Then I realized I was dealing with crazy people! XD

Also I have come to accept the reasoning behind picking Reisuke as a diary user. I guess if you are the God of TIME maybe you can see these things. But since Yuki did massively change the future with going into the NO NO room maybe God O Time can’t see everything. But it makes more sense why Reisuke was selected.

Photobucket

I want!!! XO Why can't my kittens act that cute?!

So what are my theories this week? Well maybe this show is really like the movie Identity. That Yuki has such a boring life he went off and made split personalities and now they are all trying to kill each other to gain control of the body. Yuki’s real personality has a body guard in Yuno and she knows what is really going on so she is protecting him with all that she has. That could explain why everyone has these supernatural powers/abilities. It is all in Yuki’s head and anything can happen in your imagination!

But it is still looking like this is a cycle, this game. Even after Reisuke was stabbed and bleeding out he still disappeared into a swirl. USUALLY that does not happen when normal people die. So maybe they are getting swirled off to another world where this will all happen again? Or they are already in the fake world and getting zoomed back to the real one? Either way Yuno has previous knowledge of this game.

Photobucket

And you didn't let them die because...?

Something that doesn’t make sense (and I am not talking about Yuno yoga memory moves on the table) was Minene. She had a perfect chance to take out the dream team who has been unstoppable so far. Apparently she didn’t kill them to get revenge on them later? Like I guess she wants to force one of the happy couple to kill the other? I am not sure why as she has no reason to seek revenge against them but you know. This show is about crazy people.

So another diary user has been taken down. We don’t get a glimpse of next week because we were too busy taking a magic spaceship ride with Reisuke. It felt sorta weird to see that scene after the horrific and bloody way Reisuke died. Censored of course. I am going to go out on a limb and say that there is going to be some massive cleaning up, lying to momma, and questioning the PoPo on why he sent Minene their way. Yay for crazy.

5 comments:

eternia said...

Wow, this week's anime reviews are pretty fast. Usually you are taking your sweet time, teehee.
I am going to quote my own writing here so that visitors of this blog can ponder about it too?
Logic fails of this week: [ I added your findings into them :-) ]
-Yuno was being too careless and trusting in the bath. She should have kicked the kid out, considering she was wary enough to block the scissors with pillow last week.
-When did the kid tape the windows properly, without our two protagonist noticing?
-Why didn’t Yuno break all the windows and open all door and windows for air circulation?
-The poison gas stays too long and spreads out too much considering it came out from a small envelope. [there's no scene of Rei renewing the gases?]
-Jumping off from stair’s halfway isn’t hard? I did it a lot until some years ago. Your ankles maybe a bit hurting, but it's better than getting electrocuted.
-How is Yuno able to simulate what was Reisuke thinking? Supranatural, folks!
-Reisuke was put into daycare yet he's able to keep those crazy things with him? Didn't they check his belongings? Also, where did he get those items? Did he have some connection with yakuza and black market?

Awet M said...

Several of the questions about Fifth's equipment were answered in a supplemental manga, Mirai Nikki Paradox. U won't be spoiling yourself by reading it.

Christina said...

Eternia- Given how gangsta Yuno is I was expecting her to jump off the stairs too. Maybe the action was slowed down for the viewers but in Yuno time it was instant. After finding out that Reisuke was the kid from the Omen they probably should have kept a better eye on him. However now I am more X__X about another issue. The whole um yeah half your school was BLOWN UP issue. Why didn't momma ask about that?! X__X Why didn't she come home the second she found that out? Weirdos.

AwetM- I thought the after show portion was going to show how Reisuke got his weapons. So thanks for pointing me in the right direction as I have problems convincing the people at Walmart I am old enough to buy spray paint. XD

eternia said...

I found out that Mirai Nikki Paradox was created 2 years later than the original series. It was just a lame attempt by the author after people talked about all his logic fails?
Even I, an adult, have difficulty buying some drugs (that requires doctors' prescription). No matter what, it's weird that a 5 years old, who was playing sand in the park, can get all those items.

Christina said...

Eternia- Maybe some people were complaining about those very things and the author wanted to explain himself. Or maybe he (she?) just wanted to make a quick buck. I can see how in the fickle world of anime/manga when you make something even slightly popular you want to milk it for all it's worth.

I think I will chalk it up to American movies, when the baddies fire off 100's of rounds but the good guy can hit everyone with a single bullet. Just too amazing for words. XD