Monday, November 7, 2011

Mirai Nikki episode 5

It is so weird. At the beginning of this anime series I thought I had certain favorites I was going to cheer for. But now that we are about 5 episodes into most series I am finding myself looking forward is Mirai Nikki. I was mentally going to drop this or Kimi to Boku if things got too much for me.

But now I am finding the opening to this series the best (out of all the ones I have heard). Got to have it on repeat. And now I find myself refreshing the page to find out when the next episode will be released. I would have watched it last night but it was posted way too late. XD I wanted to but my eyeballs were way too tired.

Photobucket

And which crazy person would that be? You have to clarify it for me.

My eyes are wide awake right now so it is time to blog! Spoilers for insane people armed with axes!

So apparently I am made of special and had this labeled wrong ALL WEEK! Episode 5, not 6. I has the dumb. My apologizes. :(


Photobucket

This will all end well for Yuki. I predict a VERY happy ending.

Episode Summary: Yuno runs around with her axe killing the zombie followers. Yuki thinks to himself how very, very useless he is indeed. After the opening song the viewers get a glimpse of Tsubaki’s life. Her parents started the cult up behind the lie that she could see the future. But life was okay because people paid attention to her and she was safe despite nearly being blind. Then BAM her parents die in an accident and the cult followers decided to rape Tsubaki every single day from then on to get rid of their sins. ALL OF THEM! And still life was okay because she has her mother’s favorite toy. Then she lost that and she hated the world. Yuki decides to go with Yuno AND drag Tsubaki along. Of course Yuno takes the opportunity to run Tsubaki into every wall possible. Downstairs Hirasaka is depressed at the outcome of his righteous…plan. He gives Minene the keys and tells her to escape. Oh and he is borrowing her bomb. Tsubaki, Yuno, and Yuki make it outside. Tsubaki thinks they should stand and fight the enemy. Yuno is like you are trying to trick Yuki again! Then Hirasaka and his power ranger friends arrive. One of them has swallowed a bomb and they are all going to die together.

Photobucket

ERRRR...I wouldn't say that if I were you..

Keigo has made it to Minene and takes her into custody. Yuno collapses due to all the fighting and running they have been doing. Tsubaki reveals that HAHA she really hates them all. Her plan was to use Minene as bait and take out 4 Diary users at once. She wants to become God and destroy the horrible world that has done such disgusting things to her. Yuno uses the rest of her energy to push Yuki and their cellphones to safety. Oh and she cuts off Tsubaki’s hand in the process. Yuki cries under the house while Yuno is taken away. Yuki goes through Yuno’s phone and while he sees she is an obsessed crazy person everything she has done has been out of love from him. Tsubaki and her one arm decide to use Yuno as bait to flush out Yuki. She tells her followers to take turns raping Yuno and she waits. But Yuki runs and saves Yuno just in time. When he was hiding he found Tsubaki’s toy (well her mom’s) and uses it to distract the followers. He then is able to kill Tsubaki. Keigo ends up letting Minene go after they exchange email addresses so that is a bit weird. Once they are safely out of the cult Yuki thinks that Yuno is still weird…but will trust in her. He kisses her while she sleeps and everyone says AWW! THE END!

Insanity. That best describes this episode. Insanity.

Photobucket

This show has a lot of sexual violence against women. X__X

I am not going to be TOO harsh on Tsubaki. I think after seeing her past anyone who would be judging her would be publicly flogged. I mean….damn. This show is dark.

The only real issue I have with Tsubaki is her willingness to allow another girl to experience what she has. Of course that could be explained away by the trauma she has experienced herself. People not in that situation would think WOW if I went through that there would no way I would allow that to happen to anyone else. But if you experience the situation maybe you become so twisted you no longer care about other people or are so angry with the world you want to get back at people by making them suffer the whole way.

Photobucket

Speaking from personal experience...

Point is Tsubaki is crazy. Probably a different crazy than Yuno. So trying to hold her responsible for her actions would be hard. Yes trying to destroy the world might be overkill as there are beautiful things and innocent people but if she never experienced that I don’t know how she can think to protect those things. So given what she has been through in life I don’t blame her for coming to that conclusion.

Photobucket

From day one this poor girl was used. :(

I am not going to include any of the rape scene pictures in my blog post. I am not saying the creators should have kept those scenes out. I just…I don’t know. It would feel creepy to screenie those and come up with something to say under the picture. Just that it is gross and unimaginable to me. In my mind I can’t see how one person could do such a thing but for a group of people to get together and do this all the time….it scares me.

Photobucket

I think for a brief moment she was happy that SOMEONE was not using her. But she was too far gone to just escape with Yuki.

Also it is a little sad that Tsubaki’s plan did not work. Well I guess it was sad that Yuki got betrayed and Yuno came out smelling like a rose. Had she not tried to use Minene as bait she would still be alive. But since everyone is insane it is hard to fault her for making a bold move. It just didn’t end well for her.

Photobucket

MOG A PIECE OF TRASH! The end of hte world!!!!

I really have nothing positive to say about Hard Gay Hirasaka. He was slightly boring, especially compared to the other strong characters we have going on. His dreams to be a Power Ranger were disturbing and finding out he was blind made me X__X. Like how was he able to do all of that? Kidnap Minene and such. Tsubaki had followers to depend on. Tsubaki had what? No really tell me how this works.

Photobucket

You Mighty Morphin Power Rangers!!!

In any case he was insane but in a boring way. Swallowing a bomb? Bleh. I found his views on righteousness a bit overdone. He doesn’t deserve to be the red ranger. And given what Tsubaki had gone through I thought it was really too much to have Minene sit there naked.

Photobucket

WTF is this?! X__X

Also I think that Keigo is Minene’s father. I have no idea why I think that but I do. He just random let her go after capturing her? There was no reason to do so. They was no bargaining chip or something she did for him. Just give me your email? Something is up. He could have killed her then and there. Maybe he is hoping she can lead him to something bigger but I have a gut feeling. A weird gut feeling.

I still think Yuno is insane. But after this episode I am confident that the writers are going to explain why she is so insane and make her into a “likeable” character. I say that as many people already do like her so any explanation will just make her a more AWW character.

Photobucket

I wouldn't be putting all my eggs in the crazy basket just yet Yuki.

The character I do feel sorry for is Yuki. He thought that Tsubaki was a good person who needed to be saved. Then he had to deal with the shock that no, no she wasn’t. But the tragic part of this whole thing is that she DID need saving, that she could have told Yuki the truth and he would have supported her instead of Yuno. Now that he feels betrayed by Tsubaki he has gone back to Yuno. In his mind it is better to support the crazy you know than the maybe crazy you don’t.

Photobucket

Yuno is human? I AM SHOCKED!

Oh and I really like that the writers made Yuno beyond exhausted after her killing spree. It made her more human in my eyes. As human as a crazy person can be. But she is not Superman and she does get exhausted after such a work out. I thought it worked well.

Photobucket

Oppies. Guess using Yuno didn't work so well? Someone drank the KoolAid!

So at the end of this episode I feel beyond sorry for Tsubaki, I cheered Yuno on for killing the cult members, and Hard Gay went quietly into that sweet night as he was boring. I am not sure what Keigo and Minene are up to but Yuki better watch out. If he can only count on Yuno he might be in trouble. But at least Yuno is happy yay?

Photobucket

Maybe it would have been kinder to have Tsubaki die in the car accident with her parents. Even if they were jerks too.


5 comments:

eternia said...

Un, yeah, this anime is pretty enjoyable as long as we turn off some of our logic. The opening song and ending song are really great too. Too bad the ending song's audio CD isn't released yet.
All the pink haired brat did was giving Hard Gay an audio-future-diary, right? So, how is he able to mass-hyptonize people are beyond comprehension. Also, how did he able to hear all the conversation upstairs? His diary only tells about his 'righteous' act, doesn't it? It shouldn't tell about people's casual talk which he isn't even there.
Some blind people may have great hearing, but is his hearing even greater than a cat or a dog?

Christina said...

Eternia- Maybe we shouldn't be applying logic to an anime whose main villain has a nose a mile long. XD

But really Hard Gay had a reasonable diary for someone who is blind. But he was able to hypnotize people how? And how could he do it from far away? And if he could hear from a such a far away distance he should go insane from hearing so much.

I think there should have been more of him to explain why he had his abilities. But Tsubaki's tragic past was much of the episode and he was treated as a mere nuisance.

eternia said...

Hmm, who's the one with long nose?
The god of space and time?
LOL.
He's such a small GOD considering all the candidates of his successor are all Japanese and originates from one town.
Or hey, is he just toying with them in the first place? They are such fools, believing in that promise and killing each other.

Christina said...

I apologize for mislabeling this episode for almost a week. X__X Can't blame things on being drunk when you never drink. :(

Eternia- Mr. Space and Time god probably got bored and went walking in town one day to find the 11 most craziest people. He decided that hey, wouldn't this make a great reality show if I tried to make them kill each other? Oh and just for kicks I will pick on normal person at random and make everyone target HIM. Yeah yeah!!

XD Probably something like that went down.

Anonymous said...

wait wait wait...
how did she manage to get them (omekata cult) to stop raping her???