Saturday, November 26, 2011

Kimi to Boku episode 8

So…I hate my job. I am thankful I have a source of income but I am not thankful with all the bull crap I have to put up with at work. On November 1st my boss wrote on the calendar we were closed Thursday and Friday. On Monday I made the CLOSED sign. So why is it I was iced out at work today for not showing up YESTERDAY?!

Because I work in the twilight zone. Do not come and visit me though. They tend to hold people hostage instead of letting them be tourists.

Photobucket

Where is the green one?!

So since I am deeply behind in blogging (maybe I should just say when I am caught up because this whole season I have been behind) let’s don this! We shall decorate trees tomorrow. Spoilers for Kimi to Boku episode 8. Enjoy!



Photobucket

Well obviously the drawing process cannot take place then.

Episode Summary: Yuki is approached by a younger classman. Turns out he is in the same club as Yuki and needs Yuki to draw 5 manga pages for their magazine. After being insane Yuki agrees and the kid Ryun is scarred for life. Yuki then tells the gang that he only reads manga and never draws it. As such all of them will draw one page each and combine them into a story. Kaname is the only one not on team Yuki but agrees to help anyway. They bounce around ideas including a love story between Kaname and his mom. It is finally decided that they will do a classic hero story. Yuta does the first page and it turns out that he is a gifted manga artist. He draws a beautiful first page with a hero and his two friends. Yuki does the second page…and draws the hero wearing normal clothes going to the convenience store and his two friends are dead. Everyone is like X___X but move on. Shun draws HUGE EYES and sparkles, trying to get the story back on track.

Photobucket

Was Yuki subconsciously trying to destroy the fail? XD

Ryun stops by to check on Yuki’s progress and Chizuru is touched by this older classmate younger classmate scenario. Chizuru decides that he wants to draw a high school drama instead and the story goes downhill. Kaname tries to make the story make some sorta of sense now that the hero got married in half a panel. But it turns out that Kaname really can’t draw and everyone laughs at him. Despite the crazy everyone seems to have had a good time. The episode rewinds to show Ryun’s side of the story. The club actually DOES meet and think that it is so cool that Yuki is a member despite not showing up. They think his contribution will make the magazine sell really well. Ryun has decided that Yuki is his hero and will make a hero manga based on Yuki. But each time he goes to draw Yuki he ends up acting like Yuki…..sadness. Ryun is a little crushed but when Yuki saves Ryun from a soccer ball everything gets better and Ryun has a hero again. YAY DREAMS! The end!

Was this episode about Yuki or was it about Shun? XD Because I was more focused on the crazy that was Shun the entire time.

Photobucket

Clubs doing something? I am shocked too.

I was pretty shocked to learn that the manga/anime club actually DID anything. Then I realized who we were dealing with and I was like oh okay. Maybe the club actually does do things and Yuta assumed since people weren’t there one day it was just a go home early club. I say this because the rest of the club seem to know each other. The girls were in sync with their SO COOLS. So I think there is more to the club that Yuki knows.

But considering he didn’t even want to join a club it doesn’t surprise me he didn’t even try to research what was going on. Silly Yuki.

I think it is slightly sad though that the other club members didn’t get Yuki in line. Or that they think he is cool or something. Yes I know that otaku (any kind of otaku) are looked down in Japan and that Yuki “breaks” the typical mold. I say all that while realizing that while I have met my fair share of stereotypical “weird” anime fans I have met quite a few that are *Gasp* normal. But that being said I guess….I GUESS it would be a positive thing if a “cool kid” was a member of a geek oriented club. And that it makes sense that they let Yuki run wild. I GUESS!

Photobucket

Poor Ryun indeed.

But poor Ryun. For whatever reason he idolize Yuki. Even after all his mangas about Yuki fail because Yuki is NOT a hero….Ryun cannot accept reality. Because Yuki saves him from a rogue soccer ball Ryun wants to cling to all hope that Yuki is a hero. Poor sad first year kid. Aren’t the cool kids supposed to be the ones on the sports teams or something? Not the kid who refuses to join a team and puts minimal effort into everything. Aren’t those the pot head kids?

Photobucket

Shun makes a good girl though.

Despite the fact that Yuki doesn’t deserve to be a hero in any manga…it was sure fun watching Ryun try. He tried. And yet Yuki’s personality is so strong the manga version of Yuki was lazy and beyond unhero like. But instead of making Yuki look like a chump….oh boy Shun. OH BOY! You were the pink power ranger. You were the girl in love with the bad boy. And you were the girl who was almost sold into prostitution. Just….so much sad. So much sad indeed.

Photobucket

I bet you will be super surprised!!!

But something that was more sad is that pathetic story that Yuki turned in to his club. X__X Can we say embarrassed much? I guess that is what the club gets for putting all their eggs in a basket THEY HAVE NEVER TALKED TO. Just….X__X

Of course in Yuki’s defense I can’t draw either. Maybe Yuki overlooked the objective of the club. I might have thought that it was just devoted fans coming together to talk about similar interests. But I can also see how it could be a club about MAKING your own anime/manga. I feel bad for Yuki but…maybe it was his own fault.

Photobucket

Maybe it should have stopped at page one....

That being said Yuta should have drawn all 5 pages. I am not a manga artist but I know it takes an entire MONTH to draw 30 pages and that is with people helping you. Randomly asking a bad artist to draw 5 pages in a such a limited time was never going to happen. How does this relate to Yuta? Because apparently he is awesome and needs to use his talent for good. I guess it makes sense that both twins have super abilities but are too lazy to really use them. Yuta…you are a genius. You took a vague idea and made a beautiful first page.

Photobucket

A fast decline indeed.

Yuki…..you….yeah. That was sad. You should have just made your brother draw something boring so the readers wouldn’t be WEEEE on page one and X__X on page two.

Photobucket

Shun sparkles at all time.

Shun sparkles in everything he does. At least he tried to make the best of a situation. Trying counts for a lot folks.

Photobucket

Someone has the delusions....

I think Chizuru talked a big game and his wasn’t all that great either. Almost like he wanted to incorporate every major manga genre into 5 pages and that was just not going to happen.

Photobucket

X____X He tried folks...

I was not expecting much from Kaname. He said he couldn’t draw, didn’t want to help, and did his best. And people laughing at him will not make him try and better his stick figures. Poor Kaname.

Photobucket

Kitty is not please with this manga.

I loved this episode though. Kaname was a bit meh to start off with but I don’t really blame him. Yuki did want him to do HIS work after all. But the guys came together and had a fun afternoon with silly antics. And the cats were fun too.

Photobucket

But everyone loves Pocky!

See. It only takes me three days to blog one anime episode WEEEE!

No comments: