Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi episode 6

Sorta in a bumtastic mood right now. Probably not the best time to be snarky or whining about things. Just my husband's family needs some prayers/positive thoughts right now.

Spoilers for Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi ahead? What is this, a new NEW pairing?


Photobucket

This is how I feel every Thursday. Just BLEH.

Episode Summary: A random naked Ryuu demands that his assistant Kaoru towel him off. Ryuu and his hung over self doesn’t want to go to work. Ryuu complains about being an editor and how he can’t wait to quit to become a writer himself. Kaoru stops listening to the rant when Ryuu’s father calls. Kaoru immediately lights up and Ryuu gets jealous. Back in the day Kaoru’s dad tried to kill the entire family by driving them off a cliff. Something about his job failing. Ryuu’s dad stepped in to help the family out and that is how Kaoru came to be Ryuu’s “hired” friend. Ryuu fell in love with Kaoru but Kaoru was obviously in love with his dad. Work is hard for Ryuu as his family connections make him a target for unwarranted jealously. When he hears more people go on and on about his hardworking success being the result of being the son of the company head Ryuu confronts them. Basically tells them to work hard and they will experience success too. After work Ryuu goes over to the neighbor’s house. Turns out the Usamis live there and Ryuu discovers their young son Akihiko is quite the writer. Ryuu demands that Akihiko submit his work to anyone, someone as soon as possible.

Photobucket

No one else is allowed to be awesome but Ryuu!

On the way home Ryuu becomes depressed realizing he will never write someone as amazing as Akihiko. Kaoru picks up that something is wrong with Ryuu and he tries to tend to him. Ryuu is like no I want you and kisses Kaoru. Kaoru decides that it is all a joke and pushes him away. Ryuu’s father calls and this further pisses Ryuu off. He ends up telling Kaoru to leave, that he doesn’t need him. And Kaoru does. He quits the department and goes to work as Ryuu’s father’s secretary. Ryuu tries ignoring him at work but drowns his sorrows in beer instead. Kaoru eventually comes over to return a plant? Ryuu is like what is this and realizes that Kaoru is moving. Also he remembers giving the plant to Kaoru after the accident, as a way to help Kaoru heal. Ryuu races over and tells Kaoru not to move. Kaoru confesses to being in love with Ryuu but thinks Ryuu was only joking with the kiss. Ryuu confesses that he thought Kaoru was in love with his father. Basically they are both stupid and Ryuu wants Kaoru to take responsibility for him being a spoiled brat. Kaoru agrees and yay kissing time. Kaoru continues to be the secretary for Ryuu’s father. Ryuu explains that he isn’t going to be a writer anymore but will take over the company one day, with Kaoru being his secretary. Fast forward to today and that is exactly what has happened. THE END!

X___X I was just SLIGHTLY confused with this episode. Slightly.

I think the biggest problem with this series is how similar the characters look to one another. Add in the fact that the original author has another title based on loosely the same concept (writers/things about books) and it is that series that I knew/read about first. Junjou Romantica was the manga I read first so in my mind I am comparing all the Sekai characters to them.

Photobucket

Everyone looks alike in super deformed mode!

Of course there is another issue of me not remembering ANYONE but the two main pairs in Junjou Romantica. X__X I do have most of the mangas for Junjou Romantica but I have yet to read them past…7 I think? I need to catch up on all the lovelies I have sitting on my shelf. So not only do most of the characters look alike I can’t really remember the side ones from Junjou Romantica. Woe is me.

Photobucket

Wish we could have seen more of them now as opposed to then...and even further back then.

Which is where my point was heading. It is almost like this pairing should have been done as part of the Junjou Romantica storyline and not the Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi storyline. Of course they are such minor characters in either story I guess it doesn’t matter where their little filler story gets factored in. I don’t know, it was confusing and I spent the whole episode not knowing who exactly Kaoru was.

With all that said it was nice seeing where Ryuu came from. If he was going to go on and on about being a golden child is something to be proud of then yes I want to see his back story and why he feels that way. So while I was confused on how some of this people fit in to the major story I do like this episode. If that makes any sense.

Photobucket

If Kaoru had just said yes it would have saved them a lot of hassle.

Maybe it is because my job is so very, very special that I don’t really feel bad for Ritsu and Ryuu. Everyone has problems in life but if one can have a “dream job” where Daddy is in charge I say go for it. I do understand the idea of making it on your own though. And people talking behind your back is never fun. And also I am not a man so maybe there is additional man stuff involved with not falling back on your daddy and what not.

Photobucket

I see some jealous people complaining their heads off.

But man folks. Could that scene been any more identical from what Ritsu went through? I am referring to the people talking about Ryuu getting the best seller author. Obviously there is a bit of an age difference going on between the two (or is there I am confused…) so it is not the same people. Maybe their older siblings or something? Because I pretend to have faith in humanity and don’t want to believe there are that many bitter people out there. But there are and it is sad.

Photobucket

I think I would call it gross.....

Usually I roll my eyes at most of the misunderstandings in this series but in this ONE case I think Ryuu was right to assume that Kaoru was in love with his father. Which is creepy and would make me not love that person anymore but I do see WHY Ryuu thought that. Kaoru was all smiles and what not when on the phone with the man. Who knows how he acted in person. So I can see why that was confusing.

Photobucket

Of course this is a joke. OF COURSE!!!!!

But Kaoru is stupid. Like really stupid. These are the misunderstandings that piss me off. Typically when people kiss other people it is not for a joke right? They may or may not be in love with the person (IE we are both drunk or the dude in question is just wanting to have some fun) but it is usually never a JOKE. So why is that the first thing someone assumes…EVER in this series? Because everyone is drinking from the same emo tank at the office?

Photobucket

Come back! I have learned the error of my ways!

Kaoru is a crazy pants. But at least he did not hang around when he assumed very wrongly what was going on. He got out of there….and into daddy’s arms. But he was really going to leave given time. So while he gets a stink eye because of his NOOOO misunderstanding he at least tried to leave the situation instead of being surrounded by sad.

Photobucket

Where are my sexy scenes?!

Also in the end when the two did make up I like that Kaoru chose to be away from Ryuu at work. That is too much closeness in my book. Of course one day they will be boss and secretary if Ryuu gets his way but for now (well in the past) it was best for them to develop their skills apart.

Photobucket

Dreams are for Disney Princesses anyway.

I do not like how Ryuu gave up on his dreams. Surely he had read good books before. He was working as an editor. So why would he give up before he even tried? Of course he only wanted “an easy life” (because obviously he has not watched this show) but still. Still folks. He didn’t even try to be an author before he threw in the towel. The success of someone else should not force someone to give up their goal.

Photobucket

I am sure no one will question such a sign.

I guess in the end it all worked out though. Ryuu is helping run the company and it appears that his right hand man Kaoru is still by his side. Ryuu does not seem to be an annoying little rich kid anymore and Kaoru….well…off being on the sidelines. And we don’t get to see any sexy scenes because that would make me happy BLEH.

Next week it looks like it is party time and all the players are invited. Yay for fun times or a mountain full of misunderstandings?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found out a big reason that there's no sex in the Sekaiichi anime. I guess earlier this year they passed some sort of ordinance in Japan which regulates what they put on television in regards to anime. Meaning sexual content and violence has been scaled down CONSIDERABLY, and they can't show rape. It almost made me laugh, considering anime in the 80s had full-frontal nudity and only NOW they're censoring their shit. But this explains why there's no sex in Sekaiichi (or even a hint of sex) whereas Junjou Romantica showed sex.

But I love the review. I thought it was awkward for Isaka and Asahina to be in Sekaiichi because they're technically a Junjou couple, but meh.

BTW, have you checked out the new Gohou Drug? Well, it's now called "Drug and Drop", but it actually looks promising. Not a whole lot happens in the new chapter, just a reintroduction, but it looks like they've kept the "tension" between Kazahaya and Rikuou. Kakei looks much prettier too, maybe even moreso than Kazahaya! This gives me a measure of hope in CLAMP and they had BETTER not screw this up!!

Christina said...

Anonymous- I guess Japan is like America in that sense. They will still have violence and sex but when it comes to boobies...well that is the exception. But blankets were created for a reason. At least give us some PRETEND sex scenes for goodness sakes. They are all grown men, not 15 year old boys.

I think if I was more up to date on Junjou I would have picked up MORE on Ryuu and his....number one man XD. But being a little lost didn't stop me from enjoying this episode.

The name change is weird but if the story is intact that is all that matters. Does the new chapter pick up where the last volume ended or are they starting fresh? CLAMP has been pushing my limits lately so I hope they give us reason to cheer again. Yes we wanted this manga back but not if you destroy it!

Anonymous said...

The new chapter is close to Kazahaya's one-year anniversary of arriving at the Green Drug. They seem to be getting back to the bigger picture of the plot because, while volume 3 was brilliant, it was one big fan-service fest. Not that there's anything wrong with that, lol.

But yeah, it's same old same old. It seems like to me that Kazahaya has become closer to Rikuou because he acts Saiga if he can help him find Tsukiko, without Rikuou knowing. But they still have that element of annoying each other and UST. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't screw this up.

Christina said...

Anonymous- My fingers are crossed a million times over. CLAMP has burned fans many times over and with a random name change I don't want this series to suffer.

Of course with my yaoi colored glasses I did enjoy volume three the most...but will admit that it added nothing to the overall plot. So it is good that things are back on track and the true point of the story has not been lost due to time.

Now I am just hoping they keep away from XXXholic. A year ago I would have been YAY crossovers but not I am like nooo it is too soon, my heart has not healed.

Anonymous said...

You know, it's not just a random pairing, one of them is Isaka-san, he appears in Junjou Romantica too ^^
By the way, I love your posts ** Keep up the good work <3

Christina said...

Anonymous- Thank you very much for your kind words. XD

I think if this pairing got more screen time (hell didn't even know about partner two until now) it wouldn't have appeared so random to me. But it was nice seeing a different pairing with BOTH men assuming stupid and wrong things instead of the blame obviously falling on one person.