Thursday, November 3, 2011

Kimi to Boku episode 5

X__X It feels like forever since I went to work. Not that I ever want to go to work but one needs money to fun anime conventions and mall trips. I have acquired some lovelies this week and I need to replenish the funds. I just feel so off with missing 4 days at work. Just want to sleep in tomorrow and catch up on blogging. Such a lazy Tenchi.

I have also caught wind of some resentment. Apparently people are upset that I did not work Halloween. Well folks it was my birthday present and I told people well in advanced I was not going to be there. Apparently things went horribly and if I was there I could have actually made sure people got the right pizzas and what not. Oh so sad. It is a sad day indeed when only 3 out of your 10 employees can be trusted and when one of them is out of town things go to hell. Let me wipe away some tears. Bring on the resentment folks, I got Halloween candy from Disney.

Photobucket

YAY FRIENDSHIP!!!

Before I head to bed I decided to blog one more episode. Something fast and quick. Kimi to Boku fits that description yes? Spoilers for festival…”fun”.



Photobucket

Note to self: Do not attend festivals with this crowd.

Episode Summary: Chizuru is BEYOND excited that is summer break. He is bouncing off the walls and can’t wait to spend time with his friends. First he goes to Yuki and Yuta’s house. They make it sound like they have a mission of the utmost importance and slam the door on Chizuru’s face. It turns out they were playing a zombie video game and didn’t think to invite Chizuru. Up next is Kaname. He fails to even say what he is doing before he slams the door in Chizuru’s face. Off Chizuru goes to Shun. Shun doesn’t want to go out but lets Chizuru come in to help cook treats. It turns into a sparkly moment of craziness but Chizuru snaps out of it before he is dragged in too deep. Before he escapes Shun mentions that there is a festival tonight and they all should go. Chizuru is so happy and bikes off into the sun. He runs into grumpy Masaki who hates life and watermelons. She changes her mood when Shun sends out the text about going to the festival. Later that night everyone arrives for a FUN time. First up Chizuru suggests saving money by only buying their favorite foods. That turns into everyone buying food and sharing. Which would work well if people were capable of sharing.

Photobucket

Making fun of a woman's chest is a great way to make her happy. Really it is.

Masaki tries to win a scoop fish for Shun. That ends well aka bad and the twins end up calling the vendor dude a cheat. They end up winning lots of fish while Shun wins Masaki a key chain to help cheer up Masaki. That is when Chizuru realizes that Masaki likes Shun. Chizuru is a little upset over that and has a jealous attack. Masaki is swept up in the crowd and no one thinks to save the small teenager. Kaori and her sister show up which sends Kaname blushing. Since there is a girl around Chizuru tries to be all manly but it is Shun who goes with the girls to get fireworks. Masaki returns but the key chain Shun gave her has fallen off her purse. After some searching they find a dishonest game vendor using the key chain as a prize. The boys take turns trying to win the prize to no avail. Eventually Chizuru lays down some big money and wins the doll back. There is a slight moment but Shun and the other girls return with the fireworks. There the other boys try to set each other on fire while Masaki tries to have a moment with Shun. THE END!

Not going to lie folks. I really love festival episodes. Slice of life animes usually focus on very key events in Japanese life. We have school festivals, Christmas Eve, Valentine’s Day, school trips, and at least one festival day. So while seeing these similar events over and over again might be slightly…familiar I think they are fun. XD Sorta how I plan my life. Looking forward to events and trying to get by the boring days of work in between.

However folks…this festival lacked something. I think the word is…fun. Yes fun folks. Where is the fun?

Photobucket

I just want to have friends!!!

First off I don’t feel as if any of the guys really like Chizuru. Which….I guess could make sense. The four core guys have been together for a while and now a newcomer has invaded their space. And besides Shun the rest of the guys are pretty antisocial. I know Chizuru is trying way too hard but still. So much harshness.

Photobucket

Let me belong to the group!!!!

I am not sure what Kaname was doing but the twins could have invited Chizuru to play. Video games are meant to played by friends. Yelling and screaming at people cheating and what not. But since the twins and Kaname really don’t care if Chizuru is their friend or not he was not going to receive an invitation one way or another.

Photobucket

You were nearly kidnapped by sparkles!

I thought the Shuns portion of entertaining Chizuru was special. Chizuru was going right along with the sparkles and the cooking. But at least it didn’t end typically right? Chizuru managed to snap out of the sparkles and come to his senses. Who was he making those treats for anyway? Like I believe a teenage boy was spending his first day of summer break making cookies. Why not bring them to the festival and share?!

Photobucket

The boys really care about Masaki....

There is a lot of Masaki. A lot more than I thought there was going to be. She is randomly walking around in the streets and being upset that people want to help her. If I was carrying that expensive piece of fruit I would ask for help. I am not dropping an 18 dollar watermelon because I am too proud to ask for help.

Photobucket

-___- Jealous face.

Chizuru is 19 kinds of slow. How could he not realize that Masaki likes Shun? If he like Masaki shouldn’t he be watching her and how she responds to other people? Stupid boy all over the place. Then when he realizes Masaki likes someone else he decides she is not cute? Real mature.

Photobucket

Time for noms!!!

The festival itself was not festive at all. X__X It is like they dragged all the fun out and made it into hard and boring work. Fights over sharing the food, fighting with the goldfish dude, and getting harassed by a street vendor. :( Sharing food is a great way to get a taste of all that the festival has to offer but not if people don’t want to share. Not sure why the vendor gave them 5 papers worth of scoops. I would have told them to take their complaining butts away.

X__X Octopus balls are not good. Not that I know from first hand experience. My husband, who pretty much likes everything besides onions and popcorn, was like oh I will try these. And ate every single octopus ball. All 6 on his plate. I thought he loved them but no folks. He was like X__X I felt the need to eat them as to not be rude. But then his tummy hurt and he tasted it all day and it was not pleasant for him. So octopus balls are a lie.

Photobucket

Yep yep....I am amazing.

Now…while Masaki is annoying and featured more than I thought she would be I did like the part where the guys tried to help her find the key chain. It probably would have been CHEAPER had they went to the original booth where it was won/bought but you know. It was the feeling behind it. I am putting aside the fact that the boys were actually being competitive with each other and not taking it seriously. I shall focus on the part where they helped Masaki out. Like real friends.

Photobucket

Shun is a bit of a buzz kill.....

The fireworks went pretty well. I thought it was fun with the guys chasing each other and trying to set each other on fire. Because that is what real friends do. My little brother is afraid of sparklers though. Apparently hot things burn folks. I always love how in these festival shows the characters get excited about sparkles. Disney just lit up the sky folks and they are playing with sparklers. XD

So in the end…still not sensing the friendship. XD Just so weird. Where is the happy folks? I need some happy.

No comments: