Monday, November 7, 2011

Guilty Crown episode 4: Best looking disease ever!

I am still on the fence about if I like the Falling Back or not. In terms of Daylight Savings Time. I do like getting “more” sleep. But soon that wears off and suddenly it is dark at 5:30 in the afternoon. I already hate driving at night so I don’t think deliveries pizzas and finding houses it the pitch black is positive. Plus I am not sure if the reasoning behind Daylight Savings Time even applies any more.

But as the days get “shorter” that means it is almost time for the holidays. And traveling apparently. I might be heading upstate at the end of December or early January. X__X Snow? Tenchi? Do not like.

Photobucket

MOG it is an alien invasion.

But in my nice warm house I will blog about anime for now. And eat Cheetos. How long has it been since I had Cheetos. So delicious. Nom nom. Spoilers for Guilty Crown episode 4.



Photobucket

Um you just said sorry...

Episode Summary: Shu is taken into custody by Segai. His classmates watch in horror and talk about it the next day. Well besides Yahiro who is not sorry at all. Inori attempts to rescue Shu right then and there but she is ordered by Gai to stand down. Segai tries talking to Shu, things about puzzles and filling in the blanks but Shu is not saying a word. It turns out that Shu’s mom is a doctor that might be tied to Antibody. Shu says enough things (like referring to Gai by his first name) to let Segai know he is somehow connected to Funeral Parlor but not a normal member. Antibodies gets a message from Gai saying they are coming to rescue a member of their team. This gives Segai an idea. He decides to take Shu out of his cell and into a containment center. There he sees first-hand the effects of the virus. He learns that Yahiro has a younger brother infected by the virus and to earn money for his care he sells drugs on the side. That is why he dimed Shu out. Segai explains all that Antibody has done since the outbreak occurred and that Funeral Parlor is really destroying the harmony they are trying to create. When Shu brings up the fact they gunned down innocent people Segai explains they were attacked first and that those citizens put everyone at risk by not being vaccinated. He wants Shu to go back to Funeral Parlor and help take down Gai. If not Segai is going to have to ask Inori instead. Shu gets a little worried about that. Oh and the fact that Segai reveals that Funeral Parlor is coming to rescue the dude who blew up the Sky Tree and NOT him. Inori is shown being sad and not understanding why she is sad.

Photobucket

Can I be my own lawyer please?

Shu gets a visit from his lawyer who turns out to be Gai in disguise. Gai explains to Shu how he needs to help break out the Tokyo Tower dude Kenji. Shu is not happy about being ordered around and doesn’t agree to help. Gai then gets word that Inori has gone crazy and is going to rescue Shu on her own. The order to attack takes place and Gai goes to rescue Kenji on his own. Shu is almost toast in the explosions but Ayase saves his butt. Eventually Shu comes across Kenji and Voids him. His void is a gravity gun which Shu uses to make the enemy mechas fly in the sky. He also uses it to make a bubble stair case to rescue Inori from her flying leap a million floors up. He voids Inori and slashes up everything in sight but to the amusement of Segai. After the battle Gai asks Shu to join them and after much talking Shu follows him, both to protect Inori and perhaps to be a spy for Segai. THE END!

I am pretty sure this show makes no sense. Like no sense at all. And I think the producers know it to. But since they have yet to explain what the heck is going on that gives them license to do whatever they want. Or at least they think so and the audience will not question it.

Photobucket

I am sorry but WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!

I think I am going to talk about the weirdest thing about this episode. I was just kidding when I thought that the virus turned people into zombies. That is just my default mode. No no, this show is above zombies. And making sense. The outbreak in the show turns people into sparkly crystals.

Photobucket

I hope there is not a stage 5 to this because I am not sure how much worse things can get.

Yes. Sparkly crystals. Not a virus that slowly rots your skin or causes you to lose limbs. Apparently it is not something on can get after you have been vaccinated as noninfected people are in the room. And once someone is infected I think it is pretty obvious. I just think that though. THE SPARKLES GIVE IT AWAY.

Really folks I am having a hard time concentrating because it is so stupid. Maybe a group of rock aliens came and invaded the planet and people are slowly being assimilated. Just the idea of people turning into sparkly rocks is laughable. I know I was supposed to say AW POOR Yahiro but really I was cracking up at the craziness of it all.

Photobucket

No. Go back to being an asshole please.

But speaking of Yahiro….meh. I think I liked it better when his motives were a little more sinister. Why couldn’t he be a cracked out druggie who wanted to hide his secret and wasn’t buying the friendship is love Sailor Moon fest that happened the day before? Why folks?! Now he was doing it for money to help pay for his brother’s treatment. Yeah okay. Looks like he was being used to test the disease as well as being hospitalized so maybe the government should eat the cost of his treatment. In any event meh.

SPARKLE CRYSTALS!

Photobucket

What no beatings?

Shu being locked up was pretty…well special. I guess the word I am looking for is cushy? It is not a Disney Resort Hotel but it wasn’t Hostel Part III either. He had a nice little robe, had some ramen noodles, and wasn’t being beat an inch from his life.

This is probably in part because Segai is smart. Sure he had a bit of insanity at the end of the episode but clearly Daryl is the insane one for the series. And maybe Yuna because she has enough crazy for the entire anime season. But back to the smart person. He knows to get to the big potatoes (IE Gai) he needed to work over the small Fry (Shu). Of course Segai might be rethinking that after seeing Shu’s ability to do everything in every single anime show ever but in theory he was right. We will have to see if Segai’s plan worked but I think he made a valiant effort and worked Shu over perfectly.

Photobucket

You wanna kill my family?

It might have even worked on me. Naturally I want to know more about what the virus is and why the Antibodies are taking such extremes, especially since infected people SPARKLE. But maybe there is a reason behind this. Causalities were made on both sides that day so in Shu’s mind there should be questions and those questions are in my mind too. Sometimes people in power have to make hard decisions that will be harsh to some. I am not ready to call this a No. 6 type government just yet. There might be more going on with Funeral Parlor and the Antibodies.

Photobucket

Shu is still fascinated by guns. Not everything else but a simple gun.

I mean…how did Funeral Parlor get all those weapons? Did they kidnap Homura in a previous timeline and stole all her toys? Just I have a hard time believing these people are all in the right when they have enough missiles to level the world.

Photobucket

I don't even know where to begin....

Can we please talk about Shu and his magical powers? Because really it is like he can do ANYTHING now. Is Kenji afraid of the moon? Why so angry at gravity? And was the weapon affecting the gravity around a particular object or around a particular space? Either way jumping around on water bubbles like he was some graceful butterfly made me laugh. If Inori’s weapon is an awesome sword why can he fly around at random? Maybe those weapons we saw last week were deadlier than I thought. The vase was really a well of never ending fire bullets from hell!

Photobucket

Shu is amazing yay!!!

Inori is also very magical too. I am not sure what her plan was with jumping down to her death. She was going to rescue Shu from his cell but he wasn’t there. Like who is this loose cannon and why did Gai recruit her in the first place? Now she is useful because she has some control over Shu but before that what did she bring to the table?

Photobucket

Does this even make sense?

Gai is also crazy. Very crazy. Master of disguise yes but crazy. Why would Shu want to join him after Gai said he wasn’t there to rescue him? No I am here to rescue someone else but help me anyway. Like is that the way to build trust with someone? And then his speech at the end made no sense. If you can’t pick which side to be on be on my side anyway? Okay dude.

Photobucket

At least Shu still has friends. Yay friends.

In short this show is crazy. But this week there was less fanservice so that was nice. Also Shu’s classmates weren’t ready to declare him evil was a nice surprise. I am interested in learning how everyone reacts to Yahiro. We might not see that happen next episode as Shu is playing a double agent. Because you know…Shu had a great time when that happened to him.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teenage girl in love + anxiety to save shu + adrenaline rush = random jump

Christina said...

Anonymous- This could explain why the majority of teenagers in slasher movies make such poor decisions. Especially since most of them where in the middle of sexy times or just finishing. XD

But now it has been revealed that she doesn't "love" Shu. Silly girl in denial.