Friday, November 11, 2011

Guilty Crown episode 5

I totally suck at the silent treatment. Totally suck so hard at it. I think it is pretty obvious to most that I am a talkative person. So this whole sitting right next to you and ignoring you thing is hard. I might not “win” folks. I don’t know what I will win but I don’t think it is going to happen. Bleh. BLEH.

On a much happier note (not WORK of course as I threatened to burn the store down) there has been word that my brother and my new sister-in-law LOVE ME. I know, thrilling stuff. They were like Tenchi want do you want as a belated birthday and Christmas present. And I was like um Madoka nendoroids. And then they were like oh okay coming right up. X___X Happy days for me. So Madoka is already in my house and Homura and Mami have been taken care of. YAY FOR ME!

Photobucket

Surprisingly Shu does not die this episode. Shocking I know.

I am going to try to blog while working on this silent treatment thing. I just want a sorry you know. THAT IS ALL I WANT. But yes time to blog and drown out the noise of whatever new shooting game is being played in the background. Let’s see. Okay Guilty Crown episode 5 up and ready!



Photobucket

Shu's warm introduction into the group YAY!

Episode Summary: Shu is nervously entering Funeral Parlor for the first official time. He thinks back to his magical pen and whether or not he will use it to record all the peoples doing their secret stuff. Gai introduces him formally to the other members and say he is the most important boy ever. Naturally this goes over great to the loyal members. Gai then starts talking about some new mission that never gets explained the rest of the episode. Everyone seems tired from Operation Save Kenji but are down for this new mission. Mainly because Gai tells them to be down for the mission. Gai tells Ayase that she needs to train Shu so he doesn’t suck at life. Shu is like um she has boobies AND a wheelchair how can she teach me anything? She and other members of the group take turns torturing…I mean teaching Shu. He proves to be….well useless but that is okay. He is trying because during his wheelchair girl speech he accidentally loses his magical pen and Ayase finds it. The only way he can earn it back is if he passes the training in a week. There is a brief scene shown of the Antibodies talking about whether or not Shu will snitch on Funeral Parlor. Shu tries having an emo moment with a Funeral Parlor member but he is shut down. If you can’t be as awesome as Gai well then try harder.

Photobucket

Do any of these voids make sense?

During a break Shu seeks out Inori. She asks why Shu is in Funeral Parlor and he happily says because she came to rescue him. Now he wants to rescue her and leave. Inori said Gai gave her a name and life and she won’t leave. Also all the crap she said earlier was said just so he join the group. Shu is pretty much devastated. He chases after Inori but sees her walking into Gai’s room. Shu then runs into Ayase. She gets mad at the fact he is looking at her(??) and decides to rub it in his face that Inori and Gai are in there doing who knows what. She then states she doesn’t care because she doesn’t like Gai. She then tells Shu to man up and win a spot in the team. She declines help from Shu and is happy when he respects her boundaries. We see Gai and Inori inside the room and it looks like Mr. Leader is a bit sicky sick. While Gai goes out and does whatever the mission is about most people stay behind to see Ayase kick Shu’s ass in the final training. Most people agree it is too difficult for ANYONE to win. Shu spends most of the time dodging her but finally voids someone and uses their weapon to cheat. Only Ayase sees it as using a talent declares Shu one of them. Everyone is like YAY and Shu gets back his pen. Keiji comes out and says something that offends Ayase. Before anyone can care it turns out wherever Gai was just at was blown the hell up and everyone is now upset THE END!

Hmmmmmmm. HMMMM FOLKS.

Not going to lie. I thought this and Fate/Zero were going to be my AMAZING shows of the season with Shana somewhere in the middle and if things got too much I was going to drop Mirai Nikki or Kimi to Boku.

This series so far has not been amazing. I do love the pretty artwork. That is probably the only reason why I expecting such amazing things, because I am a snob and what not. Maybe I get what I deserve. I also like the random singing although maybe if Inori had more songs in her arsenal I would appreciate it more.

That all being said I think I might like Shu despite the fact he is whining all over the place and being “useless”. He is sorta in the same boat as Yuki from Mirai Nikki. They were thrust into a situation at random and they are not the stereotypical WELL now I am a superhero and I rock at everything mold. No no, they want to be left alone and hide under the blanket.

Photobucket

"Admire". I see now.

Which I can relate to. I might be able to since I am a girl though. Maybe boys want to be thrust into magical situations where they are the key to stopping the big bad and it is fun to have immense pressure put on them. Me….well you know. I can barely handle my co-workers making a pizza wrong. I don’t know if I would want to be a superhero fighting to save the world. I think I just relate to Yuki and Shu’s position on WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME. Many people see them as crybabies whereas I see them as being realistic.

Now where Yuki and Shu differ is Shu joined the crazy organization to be with the girl. Yuki is sorta stuck with the crazy girl or he will die. Shu was like no no, I will pretend to join, give creepy the info he wants, and protect Inori. I will not risk my life with bombs and Voiding and what not. I will win and take the Youtube Princess with me.

Photobucket

I was lied to?! MY LIFE IS OVER!

Only Inori was like sorry dude, it was all part of the plan. Apparently it was called Operation Get Shu to Join Funeral Parlor. And anything and everything was green lit for him to join. Strip in the living room, check. Protect him and make him feel like the only boy in the woooooooooooooorld, check. Have a romantic moment together while floating on bubbles, check. I am sure had it come down to it there would have been some soft music and candles in Shu’s future. Poor Shu. :( Didn’t even get pity sex out of the deal.

Photobucket

See this guilty face? It is full of remorse!

Of course that is all a lie. We all know that Inori really does like Shu and she is confused about having FEELINGS and what not. I don’t doubt that Gai told her to seduce Shu. Which is pretty dumb since she is probably doesn’t know what that means. But he probably said say this, this, and take off your clothes here. But deep down Inori likes Shu and will probably do something stupid to protect him.

Photobucket

So smooth our man Shu.

Not that it matters to Shu. He was a broken little critter. Sure he passed the test and got his pen back but now he is all confused on what do to. I think he went in 100 percent on Team TattleTale with the objective of running away with Inori. Then it turned into well maybe I like these people and want to be belong to a group too. But in light of Inori’s “truth” he might be back on TeamTattleTale. Kinda hard to tell with him.

Photobucket

Pay no attention to those silly little words! They mean nothing.

Almost nothing about the plot was revealed in this episode. There was something about a plan and like 849347 routes that people needed to memorize. But since Shu is not a full fledged member yet I guess he and the viewers are not privy to that information. We got to work up in the ranks! Also no word yet on why Kenji is so important. But he looks less creepy than last week yes?

Photobucket

That will end well. For anyone involved!

We did get to see a bit of Ayase. This got a little like the movie Wanted. Not that I ever wanted to see Wanted. I am not really DOWN with home wreckers if you catch my drift. But while Ayase was in charge of teaching Shu she really didn’t do much teaching herself. More like this is my friend blah blah and he will kick your ass this way type of deal. Yeah she did initially kick his ass but from there on out she merely watched over him and shock her head when he got to be annoying.

Photobucket

Look at me not biting off people's heads!

Also I was not feeling Ayase when she was like Yeah Inori and Gai are in there having sex. Maybe I will give her a pass because she does like Gai and wants to be up there in that room. But there is no reason to hurt Shu with that information. They are both in the same boat so why not bond over that? But I did like that she didn’t go apeshit crazy on him when he offered to help with her chair. She explained that no, she could do it herself, and life went on.

Photobucket

You mean the jacket isn't only for looking sexy?

Oh and Gai has the crystals ya’ll. The sparkly crystal disease. I doubt that any sex is going on in that room. Dirty minds, all of us!!! Poor messed up Inori trying to save Gai.

Photobucket

Gai is way too amazing to die!!!

On conclusion Gai most certainly did something with that pen, did not get blown up, and Shu is now a “member” of Funeral Parlor. Now is Shu going to spend the rest of the series crying because he doesn’t get a chance with Inori? I hope not. I feel for you Shu but don’t waste your time crying. There are other hotties to make out with!

2 comments:

eternia said...

This season's anime are certainly best. Last summer's anime are mostly "meh". Also, after seeing the preview of incoming winter anime, I don't think any of them are good either.
Guilty Crown is pretty good even though I picked it to watch on a whim. All of Inori's singing disturb me, though. I don't think they are any good? No, they can't beat Fate/Zero and Shana's opening songs and ending songs.

Christina said...

Eternia- I agree that the Winter Season looks a little....light to say the least. So I guess it is a good thing some of the shows I am watching this season are actually going the 24 episode route.

I think I built up Guilty Crown too much in my head so it was inevitable going to fail. I guess it is better to have low expectation and be blown away than to have so much hype and be sad.

I think her singing would be better if it was sung with the same power as the opening song. She sings so low, almost like she was talking and while I get that she is being sad and such it just seems like lalala to me instead of a SONG.