Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi Season Two episode 8: Kisa is emo part 2!

X__X Christmas trees look so weird without ornaments on them. All the trees went up by Friday night but I was too tired to actually get the ornaments on the tree. Because boxes are hard. Then I was in a foul mood when I came home from work yesterday so I just looked at the ornaments on the floor. Today folks…they will get up. Maybe after this post though.

In other news I will be eating a Tenchi Thanksgiving later today. Hopefully anyway. I am a girl who likes her food separate on the plate and then maybe I will mix it together. Like I want JUST mashed potatoes. JUST green beans. A very plain person indeed. I am sure all the lovely foods I did not try on Thanksgiving were good. Just not for a picky eater as myself.

Photobucket

Say what?! An episode about me?!

So let’s blog an episode that I watched last night but was in too foul of a mood to appreciate. XD Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi episode 8 weee! Finally we get to see Kisa and his emo glory. Spoilers for problems people can relate to.



Photobucket

Did someone knock down your house of sticks too?

Episode Summary: A bunch of girls are staring and gossiping about the beauty that is Yukina. Kisa and his dead tired self finally make it to the meeting place and is nearly killed by the sparkling Yukina and probably the glares from all the girls. Kisa explains he JUST got out of work and is dead tired. So instead of spending their day off doing things….they go back to Yukina’s place for some sexy times. Yukina still gets all nervous about sexy times and Kisa might find that endearing. Kisa passes out and wakes up again as Yukina has made them some food. Kisa apologizes for not being able to go out today. Yukina is understands that Kisa has to work and says that they can do something next Sunday, a special event that ends on Sunday. Kisa is like oh…I have to work that day. Yukina smiles and says it is okay. Kisa starts eating in silence. He thinks how they have barely had any time to really go on a date since they “got” together. That Yukina never gets mad when plans are broken. Kisa would like Yukina to get upset sometimes, act like it is bothering him. Because if he doesn’t then maybe Yukina doesn’t really care. Either Yukina is perfect or Kisa feels stronger for Yukina then Yukina feels for Kisa. More doubts are put into Kisa’s mind when a college friend sends him a marriage invitation. He is not marrying the girl he was with for 10 years because they slowly drifted apart and there was no way to put the relationship back together again. Kisa is like X___X.

Photobucket

But what about the censors?!

Sometime later Kisa manages to schedule like 2 hours window of time to see Yukina in between working. Kisa is working his butt off and is ready to walk out the door when Takano and Ritsu stop him. Earlier in the episode Kisa was pleased to learn that his manga artist’s work has been chosen to become an anime. Kisa is excited that his hard work (???) has paid off and wants to work harder but not at the expensive of spending time with Yukina. But now the manga artist has lost her mind under the pressure and her newest manga chapters sucks. It is a complete mess and Kisa needs to fix it right now or all is lost. Kisa is unable to get a hold of Yukina to tell him the meeting is off. Kisa jets out of the office and if he runs and the train is on time he can spend 5 minutes with Yukina. Only Yukina calls and says not to bother. That he isn’t mad, just that he understands and maybe next time. Kisa screams GET MAD STUPID and hangs up. Kisa is beyond frustrated with the situation. After work (I think) Kisa goes to see Yukina if even just for a moment. Only Yukina meets up with a girl and together they walk down a road that is littered with love hotels. THE END!

Kisa? Is that you? I can’t remember because it is has been so long since I have seen you. Heck a side couple got an episode before you. So sad.

Maybe that is why Kisa was so emo this episode? Kisa is emo part two!

Photobucket

We can't be sunshine and rainbows all the time.

I can feel for Kisa. Sometimes when you are tired and hate the world the worst thing that can happen to you is to be surrounded by a person who sparkles. They are just so happy and upbeat you want to hide from them. Of course the more positive thinking would be HEY maybe this person and their good mood will rub off on me but that is rarely the case. It is more like BLEH stop it. Because their happy mood and smile makes your bad mood more obvious and then people ask what is wrong with you and that makes you madder and then you burn down the pizza place.

Photobucket

Every single girl in the area needs to get laid. Did you see the way they were molesting Yukina with their eyes?!

Or maybe Yukina was sparkling because he is good looking. Probably that. Too much beauty to look at when all Kisa wants to see is the inside of his eyelids. But I would like to think my theory is correct. Silly happy people.

Photobucket

MOG his shirt is still on!

The whole Yukina is blushy thing was done way better in the manga. Mainly because it made more sense. But also because you know…they were ACTUALLY in the middle of having sex. Like Kisa and his mouth were full at the moment. Stupid new rules in Japan about censoring the good stuff. But I guess if we can’t have an actual sex scene (did Kisa seriously wake up with his pants ON?!)…we can chalk it up to Yukina being all nervous because he is eager to have sex with his love.

Photobucket

Kisa is THE MAN who can do things with his pants on.

Or you know….doing things. They do THINGS together. Because we can’t see the sex or even say the word sex. Because then our little minds would explode.

Photobucket

Could this street get any more shady?!

Out of all the misunderstandings and over dramatic scenes that are in this anime I think Kisa’s make the most sense. Of course the episode does end with the GASP maybe my man is actually interested in a girl deal. Maybe I will chalk that up to not being a man in a relationship with a man. And not being Japanese. I don’t really view men having sex with other men as experimental but I know people tend to think that girls having sex with other girls might just be college experimenting and whatever. So maybe that is what is going on…this entire series. Each people freaking out is just concerned they are an experiment. Or something.

Photobucket

You can't say the word NO at work!

But getting back to Kisa’s problems. They make sense to me. His job really sucks. I wonder if that is why the Japanese people have such a low birth rate people. Hard to do sexy times when you are dead tired. And then how hard it must be to meet and date new people if one is constantly worried about work and separating the trash into its correct components and WALKING EVERYWHERE!

Photobucket

I've heard that before. :(

Kisa actually found someone due to work yet they do not work at the same place. The demands on Kisa are that of an “adult” while Yukina has more of a “youth” job. I am not saying that to be mean or classist. Just stating that is how things work in a lot of places. Like my job is just a random job, on a career. I go home at the end of my shift and I am free to do whatever I want. Sometimes when you have a career job you stay until the job is done with no extra pay. Sometimes you spend your free time doing things that will make your job run smoother. And sometimes you have to do those long after work beer drinking parties instead of spending your free time doing something you want.

Photobucket

No. People should work to live, not live to work.

I think it is sad really. I mean don’t get me wrong I love Japan. It was a blast to visit there. My husband would like to work there. But I am sure if he did find a job there it would be an American military one. Because I don’t think I could handle life as a housewife to a salary man. Or any kind of office worker. The pressures to stay late and work twice as hard with the same pay are not WEEE things for me. I would want him to come home after work and spend time with ME not the people he already spent 9 hours plus with that day. So as much fun as it sounds to go shopping every day and being a lady that lunched the hard reality would be spending less time with my husband. And living in a shoebox not big enough for my nendoroids.

Photobucket

A scary thought when you think your feelings might not be returned.

That is where Kisa is. Not the married part obviously but maybe his situation is worse? Because I am already in a committed relationship and we are pretty comfortable with each other. And I am a part of a culture that allows me to freely speak my mind and not hold things in. Kisa is a man and in a culture that doesn’t really allow for him to speak freely about his hurt little feelings. He is also the older, more “experienced” partner so he feels stupid about feeling insecure. But his job keeps him from getting to know his new partner and all they seem to have time for is sex.

Photobucket

Sometimes mini explosions are necessary for one's mental health.

Factor in the fact that Yukina is either PERFECT or doesn’t have real feelings for him and I can see why Kisa is running around like an emo kid. I mean…sometimes I hold in my anger when something out of my husband’s control does happen. It is not his fault and I understand that. But if it happens over and over again the irritation will eventually seep through my strained smile and I will scream THIS IS NOT FAIR! So while I can appreciate that Yukina is being understanding he needs to vocalize the fact that not seeing Kisa is bothersome. He thinks he is helping Kisa by not feeling guilty but in the end he is just making Kisa feel unloved.

So in this instance my husband would call Yukina’s situation a lose/lose. If he complained about Kisa’s work schedule that would make him a jerk who doesn’t understand that horrible position Kisa is with juggling work and personal life. If he doesn’t complain about Kisa’s work schedule…we get this episode and an emo Kisa.

Photobucket

WEEE the pressures of being a manga artist increase when your work actually gets popular.

X__X How did some of this post end up being about me? Well I guess in a way that is a positive thing yes? I can relate to Kisa’s issues. They are not so far out there that they are beyond me understanding the. Kisa’s issues are done in a way that he doesn’t look like a cry baby and he feels like a real person in a sad situation. :(

I love you mangas but why does creating them make people so crazy and sick? Poor Kisa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always enjoy your post and please continue posting.....
Anyway, if you read the manga you know why he and that girl went that way of the street.....
Overalll, this ep makes it easier for me to relate to Kisa, on the emotional level, still I'd say that the manga did a better job on it.
And so Kisa's emo continue next week...

Christina said...

Anonymous- Thank you for your kind words. XD I try to make things enjoyable while keeping it real.

Out of all the guys in this show I think Kisa is one of the more relate able characters (despite having the typical MOG GIRL reaction at the end of the episode). He has real world problems and understands that if can't manage his career and personal life one of them will fall. The other men are still either in denial or thinking that kisses are jokes. Kisa is a more mature person thus recognizes his feelings faster.

X__X All of this makes me not want to work in Japan...EVER!