Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fate/Zero episode 9

OH HELLO SUNSHINE! Where were you yesterday when I needed you? I feel very unloved by you sun. You are making my house nice and bright but I needed that light feeling last night. Crazy weather.

In other news operation Christmasize Tenchi’s House is at a standstill. Dead Husband take the box out of the closet! I seriously cannot lift this box and one tree is looking so sad because all the others are covered in ornaments. Get on the ball husband it is almost December!

Photobucket

A nice Servant/Master relationship! I loves it!

Since it is such a nice day outside…I will stay inside and blog anime WEEEE! XD Because I can and it is free. And saving money is fun. Fate/Zero episode 9 already? How does the time pass so quickly? Spoilers for PANTS!!!!



Photobucket

My screenie didn't come out very romantic did it?

Episode Summary: Irisviel is healing Maiya and states she will be okay after a few day’s rest. Saber looks like she wants to ask about Irisviel’s random self-healing abilities but remains quiet. Irisviel goes to talk to Emiya and mentions that Saber wants to go after Caster now. Emiya is more concerned about Maiya being out of commission because he is going after Kayneth. They aren’t here to save a few dozen kids after all. Lancer’s past is suddenly shown to Kayneth in the form of a dream. Lancer was a loyal knight to his retainer but fell in love and stole the girl he was engaged too. Lancer ultimately died because of his betrayal. Kayneth wakes up strapped to a bed but alive. His wife Sola is like yeah you nearly died because you suck. Sola explains that while she was able to regenerate all his organs he blew all his magic spark plugs and he will never use magic again. Kayneth starts to cry so Sola decides this is the best time to bring up the small matter of making her the Master of Lancer. Kayneth and his penis are under the delusional impression that he is still in charge. He is worried that his wife will leave him for that wonderfulness that is Lancer. This might have already happened as Sola begins to break Kayneth’s fingers so he will give her the Servant Seals.

Photobucket

Kayneth is probably lucky he only has 10 fingers.

Outside Sola tells Lancer the happy news that YAY she is the new Master. Lancer says he will only be loyal to Kayneth as that is his goal in life, not to get the Grail but to show ultimate loyalty to his Master. Sola abandons her seduction plan and says OH I am loyal to Kayneth too and if we win the Grail Kayneth will be healed. Lancer is then on team Sola. Waver is a bit X__X that Rider is getting cozy with his “grandparents”. But since Rider and his new PANTS have gone out and collected river water all is forgiven. Waver does some chemistry/magic combo to show that there is magic residue in the river and pinpoints where a potential Servant can be. Rider is impressed with Waver’s…..special way to do things and decides to be special too. His plan is to break into Caster’s place with no plans because plans are for sissies. Only they get there and there is a lack of Caster but a great abundance of dead kid bodies. Waver has a freak out and Rider is happy he has a normal Master. Suddenly Assassin attacks and Waver is like WTF is going on? Rider scares them off while killing two of them. They leave as there is nothing left to do there. Kirei is upset that he has been found out but Tokiomi is like we should just focus on learning Rider’s ultimate attack next time. THE END!

Only 1 minute of Saber this week? So sad my heart. But I guess she fared better than a certain someone who hasn’t done ONE THING since the war started. XD

Photobucket

Um are you going to tell me how you did that healing self deal?

But let’s start with the Saber clan. I guess I thought Emiya was going to play more of a central role being as HE is the Master and all. But I am finding myself more and more drawn to Irisviel. And I think Saber does too. I just hope that Irisviel doesn’t know about Maiya’s….DEEPER connection to Emiya. Not that I want Irisviel to be the stupid housewife left in the dark. Just I want her to be happy with the apparently short time she has left.

Photobucket

Me thinks Emiya would have liked this week's The Walking Dead.

I understand Emiya’s point of view though. Go after Kayneth while he is dying. Emiya is unaware of the two Master deal with Lancer so it makes sense to strike while your opponent is weak. However on the flip side if he doesn’t know about the two Master issue Kayneth can get taken out whenever right? Since he can’t use magic he isn’t much of a threat…..of course on my third hand maybe Emiya knows if that was the case then Lancer should have disappeared. In any event I think it was okay for Emiya to do what he needed to do but to expect Saber, the noblest of Servants, to abandon all the innocent children of the world was stupid. Very stupid indeed.

Photobucket

Be strong BE STRONG man.

I think given what has happened to Lancer he is looking pretty good. I was expecting…I don’t know. He was looking pretty veiny last episode. And he did throw up like 90 percent of the blood in his body. So for him to be awake after all that is amazing. Maiya just got healed so I am assuming this all happened pretty soon after the battle. So Ms. Sola seems to have a good understanding of magic and shouldn’t consider herself just a woman who married into the family.

Photobucket

Lancer tries to remain strong in his resolve to only remain loyal to Kayneth.

But Kayneth is screwed. So screwed indeed. That mole has a magic spell on it or something. She saw Lancer and was like I want a piece of that! Poor Kayneth. He was having a hard time when he could walk and feed himself. With most of his body turned into goo and his inability to use magic he can consider his marriage over. If it wasn’t already. It seems as if people in this show don’t really get married for love but to get into certain families and accomplish things. So…yeah. Peace out Kayneth. Sola is going to use that Grail to wish Lancer real or something so she can spend all her lonely nights with him.

Photobucket

WEEE using Lancer's own words against him.

I think I might feel bad for Lancer. I might. I mean we saw his past life and usually in those cases I would call Lancer a home wrecker. But I am trying to put things in prospective. This day in age when one person cheats on another that is horrible and I hate them and I will not see their movies no matter how many little kids they adopt. But since Lancer was alive like I don’t know…at least 400 years ago? things were different. Like oh hi powerful ruler. I shall give you my daughter and we shall form an alliance. When that kinda crap happens I will turn the other way when the daughter decides that HEY I don’t want to be married to a 55 year old man.

Lancer might be a different case as he wasn’t just a normal man. He was a knight and we all know how Lancer and Saber want to be live BY THE CODE. This view into Lancer’s past shows us why he is so gunho on being loyal. Because he regrets being so disloyal in his past he is willing to do anything to be loyal to his Master now. Even if that person doesn’t deserve his undying loyalty. So while I might role my eyes because Lancer takes it too far it is understandable why he is like that. I just don’t see things ending well for him.

Photobucket

We can all breath a sigh of relief now. All hail the pants!

Rider got his pants. Show over. Nothing more to see here folks!

Photobucket

Well we need to explain that to the audience so go collect the water now!!!!

Kidding kidding. I guess Waver got the memo there was going to be a season two and had to go back on his command that a Servant had to die for Rider to get pants. So instead Rider was given the task to fetch water. Like Jack and Jill WEEE! Again there was a bit of craziness with the fact that hey magic can leave residue in the water and it can be detected with a chemistry kit. Since I find that whole thing weird and odd…I guess I don’t have anything to say on the matter.

Photobucket

But MOM I want to go out and kill the baddies! You never let me do anything fun!

I do think Waver was right and riding into enemy territory with the plan to BEAT THEM…was not really the smartest plan ever. I like Rider’s enthusiasm but sometimes plans are important. Especially against people who are using children as meat/plant shields.

Photobucket

Poor shoes. Always being killed in animes. :(

I am also not going to say anything negatively about Waver’s reaction to the dead bodies. Or Rider’s for that matter. If there were dead bodies as everything is censored. But Waver is just a school kid who hasn’t seen much of the world. I would be having a mental down if that scene was presented to me. Rider was probably upset as well but is probably from the school of thought that keeps your emotions on the inside.

Photobucket

Well that was a pointless reveal....

That and they were in DANGER yo. This part of the episode I found a little stupid. Assassin was detected yes. Maybe when they realized Rider was coming they could have oh I don’t know…LEFT?! Or maybe just stay hidden and ran when the jig was up? It was clear Rider didn’t know who was there until Waver announced it. It was just dumb how Assassin got found out. It was eventually going to be revealed anyway but it didn’t have to be now.

So there was no major battle this episode but since there were 3 last week that is understandable. We got people recovering and scheming. The person who fared the worse was Kayneth and the person who came out on top was Rider and his pants. Kayneth and his broken fingers are at the mercy of his wife who is in love with Lancer and Rider…..well Rider has pants. That is all that matters folks who cares about next week!

2 comments:

eternia said...

It's Kayneth own stupidity for bringing his wife into war, making her the proxy master, even though Lancer should have told him his ability when he was first summoned.
^_^
Rider is probably my favorite servant now. He's probably a stinking old man, but he's very composed for battle. He's not losing his cool for witnessing ke children's corpse, he doesn't talk crap about knight honor and such.

Christina said...

Eternia- It is hard to feel bad for most of the Masters. I know it is part of the "game" to be hardcore and badass but some of their preparation for the war went into crazy land territories. Like Kayneth. But since he is an asshole it is okay with me that he will lose his wife to his hot Servant. Although it does make me laugh as that would not have been an issue with Rider. XD

I think Rider has the best attitude of all the Servant even though he wants to take over the world. XD