Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Guilty Crown episode 6: DO NOT TOUCH!

I am trying to blog this episode while watching the Amazing Race. I love watching the Amazing Race but after my own adventures in Japan Land I find myself thinking how amazing the contestants are on these shows. I mean…now I am doubting if any of them are mean or stupid. Because after being on a plane for 12 hours I was like nope none. No more brain. Let’s let a suitcase roll down the stairs and almost get squished getting on a train kinda tired. So I am not sure how I could handle 12984 time zone changes and plane rides THEN have to do scary/gross/complicated tasks.

I guess I am not much of a travelers. I am more like wake me up when I get there and please carry me and my suitcase to the hotel room. XD Ah the life of a couch potato.

Photobucket

Inori likes flying in the air for no reason. Yay Inori!

Err so yeah. This isn’t really an Amazing Race post is it? What is up now? AW Guilty Crown? Psht now a new episode will be out Thursday bleh. Err spoilers for amazing things happening that make no sense YAY!



Photobucket

Did he hide in a refrigerator or something?

Episode Summary: Everyone is still going MOG from the last episode. You know when the spot Gai was standing in got blowed the hell up? Well it turns out the thing they were trying to destroy last episode (Leukocyte) is really part of a series of satellites. And Antibodies just used one of them to blow up part of Tokyo. Despite standing RIGHT THERE Gai has lived but everyone else is dead. Amazing. So when Gai returns his next plan of action after losing countless troops is to take down ALL the satellites and sacrifice 1/3rd of their remaining men to the cause. Shu is not used to that kind of decision making and calls Gai out on that in front of everyone. It is not taken well as everyone has drank the Gai use. Shu runs out upset. Inori tells Shu to follow her and things will be explained. She gets Shu into Gai’s room as he is taking his blood treatments. Looks like he has the Sparkles. Gai thinking (maybe) that he is talking to Inori, opens up about his insecurities and how he had to do a mercy killing on one of the youngest members. He has to keep a brave face but it is hard to do so with the weight of all their lives on his shoulder. Shu reveals himself and Gai and Shu get into a guy punching match. After that scene of testosterone Shu is like yeah I will go along with the mission.

Photobucket

Because building weapons of mass destruction always ends well for the country making them.

Daryl has been released from the hospital and can’t wait to get back in a suit and kill people. Saiga has calculated with his crazy eyeball when Funeral Parlor is going to attack and can’t wait to see Shu. Gai brings Shu in on the plan. Apparently these Leukocyte satellites have the stupidest controls in the world. But if they don’t take them out they have the power to blow Japan into pieces. So the plan is to get Shu near the controls and have him Void Kenji. With the gravity beam in place Gai will be able to take down the satlite without squishing himself. The rest of the troops stay behind to draw out enemy fire and to get killed. Daryl starts slashing and killing poor innocent trees. Shu tries to complete the mission without killing any enemies. He is taken back when Inori is able to kill with semi ease. He makes it to the control center with Gai and Kenji. He voids Kenji but Daryl runs in with his little mecha and tries to kill everyone. Only he damages the controls which will cause the satellite to crash into Tokyo.

Photobucket

Inori can do everything because she has pink hair. IT IS A RULE!

Saiga shows up and Gai is like yo Shu give me your spy pen. Gai explains that Saiga needs to let them live because he is going to use the pen to save everyone. Turns out it was not a listening device but a homing device that was going to lock onto the location when Shu presses it. So Gai is going to line up the falling satellite with himself and then press the pen. Gai will die but everyone will live. As Gai gets into place and people watch his back Inori is like Shu you can save him! She is channeling some woman and Shu takes from this woman a different void. Some magical device that lets him destroy both satellites and Gai is spared. Shu tells Gai he will share the burden and everything is magical. THE END!

MHHHH. And mmmmmhhhh. Just…I think a lot of special is going on in this show. That or I am looking at it through Yuno colored glasses. Not sure where I got these glasses as I don’t remember going to CrazyRUs. But yes folks. Crazy glasses.

Which I guess is weird. Because while I can accept some “ amazing” moments in Mirai Nikki (such as a MAJOR event that impacted an entire community not being discussed after the fact) things in Guilty Crown have me looking at the episode/series all side eye like.

Photobucket

Just shoot the thing already!

For instance….the solution at the end of the episode. Things got so ridiculous I thought maybe some aliens were going to come and destroy the satellite. That Goku was going to come and blast that machine into pieces. I mean….first they were going to just shut that sucker down. Then they were going to use the magical heat seeking pen to blast the satellite with ANOTHER satellite while making Gai a fashionable pancake. But no no we can’t be killing Gai yet. So the writers decided that Shu can VOID people WHO ARE DEAD and now can shoot the satellite with the most powerful laser beam ever!

Photobucket

Do Not Touch folks!

I mean….does that all sound ridiculous? I am not even going to discuss the convoluted controls for the damn satellite. Like whoever thinks of that? Oh crazy people. I am talking about how much non stop drama was involved with this plan. Sometimes drama is good but when it just rolls downhill into a WTF pile of crazy it becomes too much to handle.

Photobucket

Thank goodness this pen was actually a heat seeking missile. Thank goodness indeed.

I do like that Seiga was all gangsta. Yes record Gai with this magic pen and you can save yourself and Inori. Only instead of recording your conversation it will blast you and your closest friends off the face of the planet. Yay for lying and having a great plan to take out all your enemies. You don’t need information about them if they no longer exist weeee!

Photobucket

WTF is this crazy pants?!

But WTF was up with his eye? X__X Did I not notice it before or was in brand new this week? He sees everything! We don’t need any explanation folks. Fate/Zero and Guilty Crown do not need to explain things to us viewers. Okay that is being a little harsh. Maybe they will explain why he is Go Go Gadget later.

Photobucket

Oh snap Daryl. Are you going to take that from her?!

I have no use for Daryl. He is just your typical look how insane I can be character. Nothing really fresh or original. I do like that Funeral Parlor/UnderTakers are using his own weapon against him. Nothing like a big fat F YOU right? But there has been no real character development yet. Just cackling evil crazy man that we are supposed to hate.

Photobucket

I would be like PEACE OUT BITCH!

I am surprised that Shu wasn’t moping all over the ground. I think he deserves a good mope. After Inori’s bomb shell I figured he was going to question even being in the Undertakers anymore. He only went to save Inori and now he thinks she is sleeping with Gai. She admitted to saying and doing things to make him like her so I think Shu should have been having some conversations with himself and shooting Inori more sad faces. One awkward hello was not doing it for me.

Photobucket

And the rest of you are down for this plan because....?

For the record I am on team Shu about Gai’s plan. 1 in 3 odds? I do not think so. I will be sitting that mission out. And this on the heels of them losing tons of their troops. Like the day BEFORE a bunch of people got blowed the hell up. So why would they risk losing more troops? Well I guess when the plan is to take out a machine that can blowed up 3 out of 3 of you it might make more sense. I think Gai was just callous about the numbers and Shu is new to this war and fighting thing.

Photobucket

Gai is so sick but is the only survivor in a destroyed area of Tokyo. So lucky.

I found the whole Shu listening in to Gai’s speech suspect. Maybe if Inori had not confessed how under handed Gai can be I would have thought AWW Gai and his blood bag have a soul. But now I don’t know. Was this another set up to tug at Shu’s heart strings? Gai was confessing that basically he was a weak man and questioning his leadership position. He prides himself in being strong in front of others and only opens up in front of Inori. So either he will be upset with Inori for breaking his trust (but making the “right” choice) or this was all planned and Shu got taken for a ride.

Photobucket

This is how boys bond. I am glad my husband doesn't have a lot of guy friends.

I am leaning towards ride though. Why not? Every time someone talks to Shu they are lying to him. Well except that one girl but Gai had to mercy kill her so she doesn’t count. As a girl I understand how emotional blackmail is key to winning a fight (I Kid…..) but I don’t know in this instance. It just seemed so scripted. Like a reality show.

I am pretty sure at this point this post sounds like gibberish. Maybe if my popcorn had BUTTER I would be in a better mood. XD Just after seeing the crazy ending (Oh so Inori HAS a dead person inside her now….OKAY) I was like….I am supposed to make sense of this how? I don’t know. I don’t know but after seeing the Amazing Race I want to go to Lego Land right now. See how much my post just flows naturally? Sorta like this series. Just one big ball of WTF. XD Enjoy.

MOFG according to Wiki Shu COMBINED their weapons. COMBINED! Oh okay now everything makes sense. This is actually the power rangers and Shu is going to combine them all to make the most powerful zord ever. Like WTF. That is not what I gathered from the episode. And if he combined a gravity gun with a sword how did he get a LASER BEAM from Inori’s body while she looked like some other girl (Gai’s sister)? See folks. Just rarw.

Photobucket

Well DUH. Why did I assume it was a new Void when CLEARLY a gravity gun+sword= Laser beam. Like duh!

Okay upon viewing that scene again I do see a floating....thing in the air. I thought Kenji's Void was more gun like. I actually had no idea what the was when I first watched it. But still. Why was Gai like MOG THAT VOID if it did not remind him of his sister? This show is setting me up to fail.

4 comments:

eternia said...

Completely agreed here. This show is so ridiculous so that it can't be compared to Mirai Nikki, it's failure are too much, so that I am only watching it for the laugh.
:-)
The satelitte is humongous so that it could smash the whole Tokyo into smithereens, so huge so that they need to rely on another satelitte to destroy it, yet Shu got a new toy out of nowhere *Wheeee*, and shot down the damn thing. Yes, it's really believable, I am impressed, dear author.
The idea of drawing young people's soul into weapons is interesting indeed, but it makes no sense why those weapons can be so powerful? Shooting off laser to kill people is still acceptable, but destroying a humongous satelitte, weapon of mass destruction, while it's just entering the atmosphere? Hmm...

Christina said...

Eternia- I do love that weapons can come out of their souls. That was a pretty neat concept to me. But now you can COMBINE them? When the heck did that rule come into place? How did Gai's dead sister know about it? Why is Inori channeling said dead people? And yes even if you combined to human soul weapons how the heck can it travel that fast and powerful to blow up something that was going to destroy an entire city?

I think it is easier to take in some things from Guilty Crown simply because something unnatural is at play AKA Mr. Nose Time God. But in Guilty Crown it is pretend to be based on science so I am like oh okay. A laser to kill people I would understand. Not a laser that can take out the satellite and ALL THE PARTS so no one would get squished. Maybe Shu should have gotten that laser earlier so Gai's entire reinforcements didn't get smushed.

Anonymous said...

It's an anime if you're complaining about what powers he does and doesn't have then you're thinking too much into it. It's not exactly like everyone knew vash had a power that grows wings on his back and shoots a giant laser beam that can put holes in moons right off the bat. Using semi-science to explain it may not be completely original, but it's what they chose. It's better then saying "he can use it because he's a mage" or "he uses ghost powers" or something.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think the issue I have is they are trying to make this ability grounded in science. If it was just magic I would go OH OKAY. But so much of it is people constructing and stealing this weird technology that makes me go X__X. Maybe along the way they will explain things better. I just wish more was explained now. XD