Friday, May 4, 2012

Japan Trip 2011 Revisted! Tokyo Disneyland Fantasyland

Hello there my lovely readers. Hopefully life is treating you well. If not...maybe my happy little post down memory lane will cheer you?

Continuing in my quest to see as little as Tokyo Disneyland as possible it is on to Fantasyland! I think we spent about 50 percent of our time in this little land? Which is always true when we got to Disney World as well. Glad to know we can travel across the globe and I am still the same person. XD

Photobucket

Time for the best ride in the park!

Just a warning this post is very picture heavy! Add in the fact I took more pictures inside the castle and this doesn't include the other parade...yeah I like Fantasyland. XD




Photobucket


While planning our lovely trip to Japan I had heard things about the best ride at Disney. Pooh's Hunny Hunt. And when I came back from the trip ALL I could find out about Tokyo Disneyland was how everyone loves that ride. XD But when we were there we were unaware that the ride was going to be THAT much different than its sad ....every Pooh ride counterpart.


Photobucket

This was the second ride of the day. The wait time was 40 minutes. Now normally we would go OH we will ride this later. Yet when we checked the map the Easter Wonderland parade was set to go by this spot in 40 minutes. So in our sad little minds we thought this was a great way to wait. XD Now we know we just lucked into a good spot for the parade. In line we go.


Photobucket

Overall I think that Tokyo Disneyland rounds up the maximum amount of time you MIGHT be in line. Because because our DUH selves only had 40 minutes before the parade started yet we were in our spot in under 40 minutes after riding the ride. So they give a little cushion in case things go long. Plus it is a nice surprise yes? Like when you get to the check out counter and you find something was on sale!


Photobucket

The queue for the Pooh Hunny Hunt was pretty cute. Of course ours in Disney World just got redo and is totally interactive. But at the time this was pretty impressive. Huge pages out of the Pooh Book itself! Maybe it is good that we had to wait in line so I could take lots of pictures.


Photobucket

Now I have learned that these crazy people RAN when the gates opened, grabbed a fast pass for the ride, and then got in the line for the ride. That is how popular this ride is. Maybe I will do that next time too. XD Unless the Monster's Inc Ride is up.


Photobucket

And now for the ride itself!!! XD Instead of some dark ride that slowly shows you the world of whatever story it is about you get to ride a honey pot that is out of control. There is no track (well I am sure there is but you know) but instead it feels as if you are flying across the room in whatever way the pot wants you to go. You dance around two other pots as you ZOOM in and out of craziness. It is hard to explain but it really is a lot different than other dark rides at Disney. Like fast paced enough for adults but on the edge of fastness so kids can still ride. So ride it!


Photobucket

So after the best ride EVER at Disney it was finally time to see more of the park. Still looking for those character Easter eggs? XD


Photobucket

How I miss the tea cups. Every time I go to Disney I go with people who do not get to ride the tea cups. :( Oh where oh where is my tea cup loving brother? :( And the line looked short too.


Photobucket

The tea cups at nice. They look really nice, almost like a festival right?


Photobucket

No visit to Disney is complete without a trip to Its A Small World. I am actually kinda surprised how this ride has stood the test of time. It is a bit dated...but of course rides like the Carousel of Fail needs to go first before this ride. XD


Photobucket

Yeah...get out of our way everyone! XD A lot of the rides in Fantasyland were pretty much walk on/under 20 minutes. Way different from any time I have gone to Disney World except for the Halloween party.


Photobucket

Love this pretty scene before we enter the tunnel. A bit of how the ride is different here in Tokyo verses the States.


Photobucket

Inside It's A Small World it is basically the same ride I am used to from Disney World. Same little puppets, same little song, and mostly the same scenes.


Photobucket

It is always a game to see if we can take ANY good pictures while inside this ride. Maybe one day I will just not take any pictures and just take it all in. Especially when some (most) of the pictures turn out special.


Photobucket

If you need a break from the heat this is a good little ride to take a break on. It also seems to be longer than most rides. Not sure if the kids will be entertained that long though. I have no kids so generally I pull kid facts out of my butt. XD


Photobucket

After leaving It's A Small World we ran into a bunch of characters. Must be going to relieve other characters around the park.


Photobucket

Why hello there character that no one cares about. XD I don't think the Japanese cared WHO the characters were, just that they could take their pictures with someone in a costume. Also look no handlers!


Photobucket

That cast member is trying to make me look like a liar but he was NOT with Snow White. She was just walking herself around and he happened to be in the area. I wonder if that is such a smart idea. Well probably not here in the United States. XD


Photobucket

Time for Snow White. I know that this picture makes it look like this ride is super busy but those 20 people were it. XD And most of them were trying to wrangle kids so it was taking them longer to get in line and taking up more space than normal.


Photobucket

See? I told you there was no line. XD I tell you we went to the park on an excellent day. XD This is where the most ride riding took place. The ride itself, Ms. Snow White, was basically the same as the one is Disney World except the witch pushes the rock...and that is it. X__X No happy ending?


Photobucket

WOOHOO! Now it is time for Mickey's Philharmagic! There was absolutely NO wait for this attraction and the cast member out front seemed overjoyed when people came over. XD


Photobucket

A bit of the magic hat and it is time to experience something familiar yet totally different.


Photobucket

The waiting room before we are seated in the hall. Snapping a few pictures as everyone else was busy on their cellphones.


Photobucket

No one else was taking pictures. Normally that would make someone feel weird but I am often taking pictures when no one else is so it was business as usual. XD Well that is not true, the husband was taking pictures too.


Photobucket

Time for the show! As I stated before Mickey's Philharmagic was the exact same show except all the dialogue and singing was in Japanese. Some of the voices were spot on while others...I would not imagine filling that role. The same when horrible American voice actors ruin animes. XD Overall it was a lot of fun.


Photobucket

In my crazy mind that was full of MOG I AM AT TOKYO DISNEY I thought THIS was the front of the castle. Like really. I was like oh no shows and a small meeting area. I swear I am not stupid. XD But I did think this was a nice little fountain...


Photobucket

This shop is called The Glass Slipper. Or at least I think it is. Looking at the map I am getting confused. I am pretty sure it is. It had tons of tiny and expensive pieces of glass. It was really popular with the young ladies.


Photobucket

After some nonexistent wait times it was then Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall. This wait was about 30 minutes but once again the time went by fast due to an interesting queue. Almost like I wanted the line to stop moving at parts so I could take more pictures. XD


Photobucket

I think I took about 30 pictures in line? XD Which was about 99 percent more pictures than everyone else took. Aren't these people excited or something to be at Disney? Or do they go all the time so this is old news for them? Well more pictures of me since there are less people in my way.


Photobucket

The outside of the attraction was so well done I was wondering how amazing the inside would be. I have heard this castle used to be home to another attraction, something about villains? Would have liked to see that. XD


Photobucket

We managed to be the first people in line for the next group. Usually people go NOOO we almost made it. But we were like YES! This it the elevator that takes you up to the attraction portion of the castle. A good way to control how many people are wandering upstairs and all.


Photobucket

View from the top of the the castle. The stain glass is pretty no?


Photobucket

As I stated before Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall tells the story of Cinderella through different art medias. Some are better than others. XD But it did make the experience more unique.


Photobucket

Cinderella and Prince Charming danced around in this scene. I think Prince Charming is a stupid name. I would be like um...Next please!


Photobucket

After seeing the whole story everyone walks into a big room where Cinderella and her poorly named Prince are married. I was leaning against the wall when the mice popped out. Scared me so bad. X__X


Photobucket

Turns out the reason for the long wait for this attraction is everyone wanted to sit on the throne and have their picture taken as a princess. Like I don't think people looked at the rest of the rooms, just ran to this spot. X___X


Photobucket

I took a picture of the show and ran. XD There were plenty of pictures alongside the wall to have my picture taken next to so why wait?


Photobucket

View from outside the castle. XD Wouldn't it be lovely to have that view every morning?


Photobucket

This was me pretending I could get my picture taken with Bella when Japanese mothers were pushing their kids THROUGH me. Like I was the air or fog or something. And it worked. Finally I gave up, snapped a picture, and moved on. Only when there were actual LINES for the characters. Or if I was the first one in line. XD


Photobucket

Time for another short wait in line ride! Yay Peter Pan. Last time I rode this ride it was a 45 minute wait. This time it was about 5 minutes. XD Love that. Maybe that is why it seems we did so much, a lot of our rides had little to no wait time.


Photobucket

Tick tock goes the crazy croc!


Photobucket

Close up of the Peter Pan ship. XD The ride is much more fun when you aren't waiting 489374 minutes in line for it.


Photobucket

The Castle Carrousel at night. Just looks more magical with all the lights. XD Especially since it was so badly lit in the rest of the park.


Photobucket

View of the BACK of the castle at night. Trying to make it to a view last rides and attractions before we are shooed out. While putting these pictures together I grouped the Haunted Mansion in another category. X__X I forgot here in Tokyo Disneyland it was apart of Fantasyland. But fear not we DID ride that ride. Plus this is long enough right? XD Thanks for reading.

No comments: