Monday, May 14, 2012

Japan Trip 2011 Revisited! Tokyo Disneyland Jubilation Parade

Hello my lovely readers! I strive to have productive days off or else I end up feeling poorly. Like oh no I had today off and I spent it watching TV and clicking random links all over the internets. But if in between those two activities I can get some chores and blog posts done..I feel better. And reward myself with ice cream. It all makes sense in my head.
Photobucket
Parade from two different view points. Tenchi is on the ground and the husband was standing up near a tree.
So with that said...more pictures!!! I love taking pictures and looking at other people's pictures. I might even look at people's pictures of conventions I don't even attend. But I love looking at theme park pictures. Parks that I have been to but look so different through other people's eyes. Tiny details that I missed. Things other people like and focus on. Here are some more pictures of the popular parade in Tokyo Disneyland called Jubilation. Enjoy!
Photobucket
Welcome to another very picture heavy Tenchi post. Again we didn't camp out like the Japanese to watch this parade but we didn't just walk up and plop down like for the Easter Wonderland one. After a few rides and MAYBE lunch (trying to remember...yes I think we ate first) we decided to sit near the tail end of the parade. I think we just sat there because there were a few spots left to sit and we didn't want to walk any further to see if there was anything better. I was in the second row in between two couples giving each other a lot of personal space. I am an invader.
Photobucket
Kicking off the Jubilation Parade was Princess Minnie Mouse and the Fairy Godmother (correct BLUE FAIRY!). They were leading a float with some of the most popular Disney couples. Throughout the parade different songs from movies were playing...all in English. Yay for knowing the words!
Photobucket
All the floats were really well done and themed but this one was my favorite. The lovely dresses, the beautiful way the flowers encompassed the couples, and how after a long parade route the couples were still pretending to be in love. Sometimes I think it would be fun to work at Disney..but my face might fall off from all the smiling.
Photobucket
A flower carriage is much better than a pumpkin right? Also it was a nice change to see the men in Disney movies. So much focus on the ladies that the men are left behind. POOR MENZ! They suffer so much....XD
Photobucket
I often wonder where they keep all these lovely floats. Of course the answer is in the back stage area. It just seems like Tokyo Disneyland has less space to waste on storing things. I imagine it is a very tight area. And very orderly. They have to be very careful though, not to damage all the tiny details. XD
Photobucket
I wonder how they decide which cast member gets which parade costumes. Because obviously some are more fun than others. Less...special I might add. The float was pretty but translated into a weird costume.
Photobucket
A mighty tree is coming our way. Snap snap pictures. I tried to take pictures in a way that avoided the people in the first row. I wasn't quite so successful in some pictures. Enjoy the identical looking cellphones.
Photobucket
Pocahontas has arrived. I tried to give my friend hope, saying I found a job for her. But on closer inspection it was a Japanese girl wearing a tan body suit. Poor friend. But it was nice seeing her big raccoon, don't see that character in the parks often.
Photobucket
Pictures of the girls in front of the Pocahontas. I notice the handlers of the float in the back of this picture. But they don't take away from the parade itself and I don't find their presence bothering. Now I have seen some photos of the new Universal Studios parade. They have some work to do...
Photobucket
Another example of some obscure and hard to find characters at Tokyo Disney. Hello character no one remembers. Or knows your name? Wait do some people know his name?
Photobucket
The Pooh float was lovely. But I love Pooh so I might be biased. The Tigger bouncing back and forth was pretty neat. I think it looked a little more dangerous than it actually was. But I thought it was fun to watch. Bounce!!!
Photobucket
Some random fairies in between floats. Their costumes looked fun to wear. The wigs looked a little hot but I think I would go for those costumes first. Better than wearing a heavy head right?
Photobucket
Keep up that fast pace dancing, you only have a little bit more to go! The parade ended near the Roger Rabbit portion of Toon Town.
Photobucket
I love giraffes. I don't know why but they rank up there with kittens on the adorable scale. Only owning kittens is much easier. I wish it was going a little slower so I could have taken 483743 pictures of it.
Photobucket
Some animals dancing for Prince Simba. Can't wait to be King indeed.
Photobucket
The Jungle Book? I don't think I have seen any of those characters since I went to Animal Kingdom many moons ago. And if I have....then I forgot about them. So this was nice to see. Scary snake though.
Photobucket
More pictures of the Stitch float. We are all family right? The Japanese seem to love Stitch so that makes me happy picture taker. Wave to your fans!
Photobucket
Of course the tiki statue beneath Stitch is rather scary....
Photobucket
Wait why are you leaving me?! There is more to the parade....but you are the best part. XD
Photobucket
The croc from Peter Pan. Does he have a name, Tick Tock? The husband was trying to take a good shot but the tree was blocking his view. Was he trying to nab a spot in the shade?! XO But the picture does look pretty cool, like he was hiding from us.
Photobucket
The Peter Pan float went by way too fast! Come back so I can snap some more pictures. But I can tell you that when this float went by people were not taking pictures or really paying attention. More like time for a drink break and to check the phones for text message. You are not loved Peter.
Photobucket
These costumes are a little too special for words. Maybe I will move right along now..
Photobucket
Or I will take more pictures so everyone can see the specialness.
Photobucket
Open your arms wide Pinocchio. Did you know this movie came out in 1940!??! X__X And then people complain that Pixar is taking over the parks.
Photobucket
Pinocchio wasn't special enough to get his own float. This float seemed to have the most mismatched of themes. Like dude there are so many movies lets just cram as many characters on this one as possible.
Photobucket
I just love the little Dumbo part though. I think I have only seen the movie once many years ago but he is just too cute not to love.
Photobucket
Less of the three little pigs and more Dumbo? Actually now thinking back there wasn't any Tangled or Princess and the Frog parts of this parade. Maybe this parade was made before those movies? Needs an update now please!
Photobucket
Spray for kids! They are covered in germs! But I must say the little kids at Tokyo Disneyland were more well behaved than kids back at Disney World. But maybe that is because their parents don't push them so hard and know their limits. But still spray them down!
Photobucket
Tail end of the Monsters Inc. float. I wish the ride had been opened but at least we got to see them on both floats.
Photobucket
Dance little Buzz Lightyear girls. Space Rangers on board ready to earn lots of points.
Photobucket
Take us to your leader. Or to your lovely merchandise shops. While this float was rather small it was pretty cute. No extra add ons.
Photobucket
I see more aliens! Oh and Woody. I wonder how Woody feels knowing that Buzz has his own ride. He is supposed to be Andy's favorite toy after all!
Photobucket
Tail end of the Toy Story float. I read on some movie site there might be a 4th movie? I am not sure how that would be possible unless it was a prequel and that would mean losing two main characters. So...yeah.
Photobucket
The Incredible felt terribly out of place. Didn't go with anything and they just zoomed on by. Like a hit and run. Just move right along. So harsh but that is how it looked.
Photobucket
I am not sure what these couples were supposed to represent. I thought it was different attractions at the park. Like I can see the Roger Rabbit ride, Queen of Hearts restaurant.......Is that what is going on? XD Hopefully I am right or I would feel silly.
Photobucket
The parade is sadly coming to an end. Mickey is here to start wrapping things up. Not sure what the sun is all about but we all know Mickey is the star of Disney.
Photobucket
For some reason I really like the random circles of Disney characters on this float. Like BAM we weren't important enough to have our own float and people but here we are anyway. Maybe Ariel is more featured at Disney Sea...but what about Mulan? So yes...tiny pictures of popular movies not on the floats.
Photobucket
It is hard to tell but there were people on either side of the castle. Sorta like a seesaw. I wonder if they got dizzy. X__X But wave at Tink.
Photobucket
One last set of dancers before the parade leaves us. :(
Photobucket
The husband gets one final shot of the chipmunks before the parade pulls away for good. We had tons of fun watching the parade. So sad to see it end. But now...it is time to see the rest of the park. You know, the part that is not Fantasyland! XD

1 comment:

J said...

Hi there, nice photos! The obscure character you pointed out is Brer Fox from Song of the South, with Brer Bear behind him.