Monday, January 24, 2011

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru manga chapters 13-21 screenie review

Okay maybe review is not the right word. More like...I tried to catch up on the manga today and was sad that I couldn't find anything beyond chapter 21 and decided to blog about it in the hopes that someone will link me to more chapters. But that would not fit in the little title section so I went with review instead.

XD Aren't I special?

Photobucket

Everyone loves bunnies woohoo!!!!!

So since the manga and the anime have closely related plots I thought it would be way too much to review each and every chapter. I went through instead and took screenies of important pictures. AKA pictures of Hotsuma looking hot. XD So while it is not content heavy it might be spoilery for people who have not watched the series or read up to chapter 21.

Thank you random anonymous for commenting on a older post that got me interested in catching up on Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru manga chapters. XD


Photobucket

Hotsuma running from his parents. Yuki and Hotsuma have a talk and Shuusei sees it. I thought Hotsuma looked positively vulenerable in this picture. He usually tries to talk a big game but he really just needs a HUG.


Photobucket

XO Hotsuma kissing away Yuki’s burn. Where is Luka to take down this delicious show of yaoi? XD


Photobucket

Ah there is Luka. Maybe Luka should be giving Yuki more wrist kisses or something. Hotsuma is getting all the hotties in this series. Also Luka looks a lot angrier in the manga than he did in the anime.


Photobucket

Tsukumo is pretty badass in the anime but I think the manga does a better job of showing how amazing he is. He is really quiet but effective. He eludes a calmness that is necessary in battle. Like hey strange man, things will be okay kind of attitude.


Photobucket

The anime got it right though leaving this girl out of Hotsuma and Shuusei’s relationship. No one needs whats her face helping the plot along. So yes anime two thumbs up for deleting her from the anime. TWO THUMBS UP.


Photobucket

This scene needs NO CONTEXT. Ignore the context people. It is just Luca explaining to Toko that no, he is never going to hook up with her and she needs to back up off him. That is what I read anyway.


Photobucket

One of the chapter art covers. It just reinforces how CLOSE the two are. As in CANNON people.


Photobucket

Hotsuma looks so devastated when Ashley that Shuusei killed himself. I like how dead Hotsuma’s eyes look, devoid of anything but sorrow. Clearly he needs a hug.


Photobucket

Shuusei isn’t dead folks. He is way too sexy to be dead. I like this picture because…Shuusei is half naked. I think that is all. XD


Photobucket

Just a little love between Hotsuma and Luka. In the middle of a battle they find the time to snip at each other. So beautiful.


Photobucket

Reiga/Kanata looks pretty damn hot in the manga. I think in the anime he had more emotions going on during the battle. The manga he does a better job of pretending he is an asshole. But a hot asshole.


Photobucket

Reiga/Kanata is trying to crush Yuki’s soul. Because Yuki hasn’t been through enough no no, he needs his bestest best friend ever to say he wants him dead. Luka is not having any of that. Luka spends most of his time in the manga and anime standing in front of Yuki doesn’t he….But yes I like this picture because Luka is trying to defend Yuki and say romantic things but Yuki is too out of it to really hear him.


Photobucket

Reiga/Kanata looks very Kanata like in this picture. He looks remorseful, like he is just a victim in all this too and he really doesn’t want to hurt Yuki. That he has regrets and hates hurting Yuki. AW…no hug for you though.


Photobucket

XO How cute is Hotsuma talking to human Sodom? I think the word VERY comes to mind. Because it is super cute.


Photobucket

Maybe I should have named this post the Hotsuma and Shuusei post? But yes Hotsuma looked so….so passionate when telling Shuusei he would never look away from him again. In mangas there are few pages to portray the necessary emotions of the scene. So images like this are powerful as they don’t have as much time to get to the point as they do in animes. Also Hotsuma is hot.


Photobucket

After Yuki has his sad little pity party about Reiga/Kanata, Luka’s questionable loyalty, and basically his whole life sucking…XO CANDY TIME! Because there have been one too many serious topics and conversations going on. We need some fun and nothing says fun better than friendship candy. I want a piece.


Photobucket

Yuki is super awesome at making first impressions! Kuroto is very happy to meet Yuki I can tell.


Photobucket

True love Yuki? BROTHER AND SISTERS?! XO What is wrong with you?! But yes about Hotsuma and Shuusei.


Photobucket

So I am guessing that the anime was already finished when these manga chapters came out because this did not happen in the anime. Everyone going out to get treats and showing Yuki around town. It was more Kuroto is a depressing person and not any happy fun times. But I do see another girl trying to get in the way of my yaoi pairings!



And that is about it. I was hoping to fill my Sunday sick in bed with more chapters but I could not find any more. Is that because the the manga got licensed here in America? If so...I guess I will just have to wait. But if not anyone want to point the way to more chapters for me? XD

Also in case it wasn't obvious team Hotsuma and Shuusei all the way! XD

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG if you read that last panel from left to right instead of from right to left like yr supposed to, it's totally hilarious: "He likes Japanese sweets, ... and I'm not just talking about ice cream ... nudge nudge, wink wink"; Yuki, clueless, "So, umm ... Kuroto-kun likes ice cream?"

Sigh. Also, Reiga looks better in the manga.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting these. I love that first one. They did a really good job of capturing the look of the manga in the anime, huh?

Christina said...

Anonymous 1- XO I just now read that it and it sounds so dirty. But since this manga encourages yaoi pairings it's okay it sounds dirty. No wonder he looks happy, taking the boy out for ice cream now and ICE CREAM later.

Anonymous 2- I think it takes true talent to really take the manga pictures to the animated scene. I am never fully happy when anyone animates a CLAMP series but with Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru the manga and anime I am pretty happy. I think to do so makes fans really happy to see the connection and better relate to the second work (usually the anime coming second).

Anonymous said...

Could you please give me a link to the site that you read them from? I looked everywhere for this manga

Christina said...

Anonymous- This site: http://www.mangareader.net/943/uragiri-wa-boku-no-namae-wo-shitteiru.html

has up to 18, including the recently translated 16!! WOOHOO!!!

This site:

http://www.tenmanga.com/book/URAGIRI+WA+BOKU+NO+NAMAE+WO+SHITTEIRU.html

had up to 21.