Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Anime Series!! Starry Sky episode 1

OKAY PEOPLE! From now on when I say I am going to spend the entire day blogging just take that as a lie okay. Because even though I have every intention of doing so SOMETHING always comes up. So yeah..it will always be a lie.

But when two of my husband’s really close friends both arrive in town for a short amount of time blogging gets put on the back burner. Sometimes we got to do things that the husband wants to do after all. That and I got to see Tangled so it was a win for me.

Photobucket

I spy a new anime series!

So here it is folks! The first new anime of the year XO Starry Sky episode 1. Spoilers for….err…hot boys?



Photobucket

Wait someone is trying to steal our girl?!

Episode Summary: A young man looks out at the stars and tries to capture the look of pathetic cuteness. He looks at his telescope and it takes him back into his memories. When he was younger his telescope accidentally rolled down a hill. A young girl named Tsukiko found it and dazzed him with her smile. She finds his eyes pretty even though everyone else finds them creepy. They talk about how they love the night sky and it is the best sky of them all. The young man (Yoh) is taken back by her words. In the present Yoh’s mom is like you need to pack NOW. Yoh and his sparkly self makes it to a school that is nearly all boys. Just one female is at their school that specializes in astrology/sky related stuff. The other hot boys that will be main characters one day are shown being hot. Yoh thinks back to his parents announcing that they are going to move to America. Yoh says as much as he wants to go with them and study astrology with them he wants to go to Japan to find his shining star. His parents agree and on he goes to this school. Yoh goes to his classroom which happens to have the one female in it. Tada it turns out to be Tsukiko and before she can introduce herself Yoh is like I KNOW YOU and sparkles. THE END!!!

X_X

Photobucket

Hurry and get this back story done with! We got to rush through the plot!

I was going to type that this was a quick episode to watch. Because while I was watching it it flowed fast. But then it just…ended after 11 minutes and there was no part two to click! I was like okay maybe this website is whack but no. This anime has 11 minute episodes X_X. Wtf is that folks?

So I guess when I blog this episode it will be a quick post? Is that a good thing or bad thing? I haven’t decided yet.

Now what I have read on the web is this series is going to be similar to Amagami SS only with hot guys this time. Since I was so impressed with that show I am excited with how this will play out.

Photobucket

She promises not to be as annoying as Chizuru.

No really I think it will be fine. Because in the limited time Tsukiko was on the screen she acted normal and didn’t lick anyone. So she is miles ahead of Junichi already. And since Amagami SS was directed more towards guys this show should be directed towards women. Hello hot guys with constant sparkles around them. And since none of them are vampires I am free to like it!

Photobucket

Sparkle on!!!

The first arc will be about Yoh. Or Henri. Because when you are mixed heritage in anime you are allowed to have two names. Most of the episode was of him talking and generally looking beautiful. I think a few sparkly scenes would have been okay but every time Yoh went to a different location there was a random still. Maybe they are trying to capture all the scenes from the game? I don’t know but a few less sparkle scenes would be okay.

Photobucket

Wait for me girl I knew for ten seconds!!!

Yoh’s reason for liking Tsukiko is very stereotypical of a romance anime (well this entire show is going to be clichés yes?). He met Tsukiko for 5 seconds when they were younger and now he is in love. Because his witch eyes (which I thought were really pretty but whatever) didn’t scare her. Obviously someone is trying to upstage Yakumo or something. But since Tsukiko didn’t make fun of him he has to travel to Japan and find her out of the millions of people because she is the one for him.

Photobucket

Woe is me!!!

We also got the stereotypical parents. The ones that believe in their children no matter what. Because I know if I told my mom I was going to live in a foreign country all alone so I could find someone I met when I was 5 she would totally support by decision. Or maybe not because my mother doesn’t totally suck at life.

Photobucket

We are so in love with his ugly shirt too.

But Yoh’s parents do. Because they are so in love they want their son to find love as well. Even if that means sending him thousands of miles away. The mom I was okay with but the father was a bit creepy. He reminds me of someone but I can’t put my finger on who that person is. But he was scary. And I don’t believe for 5 seconds he is straight. But that’s fine, whatever works for them.

I wish more of the school had been focused on. We know that there are different departments and such but they didn’t discuss why there are hardly any female students and what not. I guess the real purpose of the school was obvious given the course study. But could they solve the horoscopes down our throat anymore?

Photobucket

Or maybe he will be my favorite. And there is only ONE girl at the school? HMMM.

I am glad that all the guys got a little bit of face time even though there were only 11 minutes to the episode. I just hope it is not like Amagami and they get useless side scenes that do nothing to further the plot. But I think my favorite will be the second blue hair guy in the credits. But the guy who introduced Yoh to the class was cute too.

Photobucket

I don't think I would have started with that....

Yoh left the episode on a cliff hanger when he finally got to see Tsukiko again. I am just glad we got to see her face and it wasn’t all back shots and hidden by hair. Not sure I would have opened up with that whole line of YOU KNOW ME but maybe it will be romantic and not creepy like I found it. XD

Given that each episode is only 11 minutes long I wonder how many episodes there will be in this series. Because I didn’t think 4 22 minute episodes were enough in the Amagami SS arcs. I can’t imagine what 4 11 minute episodes would feel like. Oh and there are 4 times as many boys this time. So we shall see folks. But for now this show is on my list! Sorry for the late posting though. Will try to catch up. That is my favorite thing to say after all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so there's a part 2 now, which is basically the second half of this half episode. Which I'm sorry is really lame to do to viewers. I guess these are online and then on DVD or something and therefore not a traditional TV anime series? Might be wrong...

Anyway, 24 half episodes, two for each boy, maybe 2 more for Shiki the 13th-sign boy. So 26? 11 min each. *sigh*

Watch the second half and behold the lack of plot.

I am disappointed :(

But will watch with hope b/c they are all cute. Except for the sagittarius kid with the bad girl's hair.

Christina said...

Anonymous- That is pretty lame to do. Or at the very least really, really weird. 22 minutes each week is pretty short as it is so 11 is practically nothing.

It is disappointing to hear that part two isn't really brimming with plot as this first 11 minutes wasn't really....getting to the point. Just fluffing along like Yoh had all 24 episodes to win the girl.

However I will probably still watch because they are all cute. Not sure about the one who could pass as the second girl though. He looks like he could be a bit emo in the corner with some poems and a dull knife.

acexMsubsku said...

acexMsubsku Amber Helmbrecht https://wakelet.com/wake/my4_LvA-UctyEgMS8Qk5x
anfarale