Friday, January 28, 2011

Starry Sky "Episodes" 5 and 6: Bored out of my skull

Um…I am trying to think of something funny to say to open up this post. But all I can think about is this new rude co-worker of mine. I thought we were cool but he did something so rude to me tonight my mind is full of revenge. Like I TRY to help someone out and I get yelled at? Oh no. No no Tenchi don’t play that. Prepare to suffer my wrath.

And by wrath I mean the silent treatment, not helping him find any addresses, and not helping him with the dishes. Because really that is all I can do. But I shall do so spectacularly.

Photobucket

Are we ready to sparkle?

Oh and it is time for Starry Sky “episodes” 5 and 6. I am sure people are really waiting for this. Spoilers for being super bored.



Photobucket

Maybe if I focus less on what is being said and only look at the cute boys this show will suck less?

Episode Summary-Nursery school Kanata is listening to Tsukiko read a book about how the stars became to be. Suzuya is there too. Some kids want Tsukiko to go outside and play but she decides to stay inside. Suzuya is touched they will stay inside for him since he has a weak body. He cries. Elementary school Kanata has to stay home from a field trip because he has a weak body. He wonders how long his life will be. But Suzuya and Tsukiko bring him a pinecone and rock and all is right in the world. Junior High Kanata is getting in a fight with another Hot Dude from this school. After losing Hot Dude offers to teach Kanata how to fight. Kanata then gets in fights all the time. Even though he has a weak body he likes to fight to feel alive. Obviously Tsukiko and Suzuya worry for Kanata. Kanata doesn’t seem to be content with his life despite Suzuya making them lunch XO On the first day of high school Tsukiko gets lost because she is dumb. Hot Dude finds her and Kanata and Suzuya promise to watch over her at school. But Tsukiko starts acting all sad and moopy. The boys don’t know what the heck is wrong with her but think she is overworking herself. Kanata catches Tsukiko crying after school and silently sits with her on a bench. He also covers for her when she shows up to school with red eyes. Then Yoh is transferred to their school and the two boys get along splendidly. Kanata accepts that their threesomes is now a foursome and buys more lube. Kanata thinks to himself about how short his life might be but dedicates what time he has to making his friends happy. THE END!!!

So like…..is this show really a show and not some nightmare I have dreamed up in my head? Because honestly I thought I could dream up more interesting crap than this. Maybe I am losing my touch.

Photobucket

This anime should be retitled Boys with Issues.

Again people I question this being marketed as a harem full of hot guys trying to win the girl. Because I am not seeing much girl winning going on. I see some guy flirting and I SEE a girl. But I don’t see how the girl is the main issue. Especially in this episode. And with less yaoi in this episode I was yawning up a storm.

Photobucket

Okay this scene was actually cute.

Kanata was sick for the first part of the episode. Like stuck in bed complaining that he has a weak body. Now I really didn’t think much of it as anime characters often suffer from weak bodies. I didn’t think OH CRAP things are serious. But according to Wiki Kanata really does have a terminal illness and doesn’t suffer from the cry babies. That would be nice to know IN THE SHOW. Like for real people this is like drinking water down soda. Can I get the real back story? Oh wait we can’t cover that much information in only 22 minutes.

Photobucket

God was chillin with all the animals and humans until the humans decided that God sucked and eated the animals. Perfect children's book!!!

I have absolutely no idea why that stupid story was important. I do understand that Suzuya and Tsukiko are reading books because Kanata can’t go outside. But that book was boring and sad and stupid. I was hoping the guys would have more of a reason to attend Stars and Sky School but obviously not folks. Obviously not. You read a book about stars when you are 5 and that is a solid reason to attend a private school.

Photobucket

We shouldn't be fighting at all!!!

I was almost feeling Kanata when he said he got in fights to feel alive. That made sense to me. Boys often get into stupid fights just to feel the rush. And if Kanata is feeling like crap all the time that rush might be all he has. But then Wiki tells me he gets in fights to protect Tsukiko. Oh. Okay. Because people are lining up to beat her up. I see it.

Photobucket

This is the most romantic Kanata and Tsukiko moment in the entire episode. Enjoy.

So the first part of the episode was devoted to Kanata crying because he is a sick child and that his shooting star is going to go out soon. And the only reason Kanata has held on this long is because of his friends. Not because of Tsukiko but because of his TWO friends. Where is the romance people?

Photobucket

Behold the worryworts.

Well not in the second part of the episode. No it is Tsukiko crying all over the damn place and Suzuya and Kanata worrying over her. We never learn why Tsukiko is crying. I think she has a case of the cry babies or something. I mean…it is probably not easy being the only girl in school. But we saw no evidence of her being bullied or anything. And since the student council looked like FUN last time I doubt it is stress.

Photobucket

Very concerned people. Very.

Whatever the case is Kanata was shown looking concern for her. But it never crossed into the I LOVE HER realm. Also the friends are important to me realm it stayed. I think Suzuya and Kanata spent more time wondering about Tsukiko than actually trying to help her.

Photobucket

I can clearly see the three guys in this picture. Not the girl. HMM PEOPLE!!!

The only damn thing I found interesting in this episode was it actually overlapped with Yoh’s. So does that mean every single story is happening at the same time? That is this is not an Amagami arc of the week type deal? Because….then things are only going to get worse. We are going to get NO resolution at all. And really what is the point if no one snags the love interest? None at all people. None at all.

Also there is way too much talking going on. How about I see how you are feeling and the closeness of your group instead of you telling me about it. Talk about week.

Next week…um I wasn’t paying attention. Also he looked like Kanata so I got confused.


No comments: