Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starry Sky episode 2: Oh it's a yaoi show!!


Photobucket

Harem anime indeed.

XO So much got accomplished today! I scrapbooked like 15 pages (only 20 more to go because I am that insane), went to the bank, got my late Christmas present, and had a nice evening with my husband. So since I was in such a good mood I decided to see if Starry Sky improved from like..two days ago.

I will let you figure out if it did or not.

Spoilers for the shortest episode of your life.



Photobucket

So very, very close after a month.

Episode Summary: It has been a month since Yoh has come to school to find his first star of the night. He continues to tell Tsukiko that all he needs is her and she continues to stare at him blankly. Kanata is not liking the flirting and is constantly glaring at Yoh and trying to steal food. Suzuya tries to make everyone happy by cooking food for everyone. He is referred to as mom. Yoh has like 8 minutes of dialogue about how Tsukiko is his first star, how he is running out of time, and how he loves her. Then he is seen sparkling all over the place with Suzuya who is sparkling back with him. The group becomes concerned when Yoh is sad later, thinking back to the conversation with his dad. His time is almost up and he has made no progress. But Suzuya and Kanata brighten up his day and Tsukiko gets a cheek kiss from Yoh because everything will work out. THE END!

So it is too early to pick my top failures of 2011?

Also WOOHOO I didn’t know I was watching a yaoi people. It like snuck up on me and yelled SURPRISE!!!!

Photobucket

That's it folks. The whole romance in this one screenie. Enjoy.

But seriously folks….this makes Amagami SS look like deep meaningful relationships. I mean maybe each guy will get one episode for 12 episodes and then it will repeat with them all getting the girl. But since the episodes are 11 minutes each and are considered TWO episodes that would mean this series would have to be “48” episodes long and I really don’t see that happening.

Photobucket

Thanks mom!!!

So this is probably it folks. Yoh’s arc. Aren’t you amazed? Because I know I am.
This “episode” spends most of its precious minutes showing how adjusted Yoh has become to this school since he arrived a month ago. He has bonded with his classmates and Tsukiko. And when I mean bonding I mean the characters telling us how close they are. Because nothing convinces me people really care about each other when they repeat their closeness over and over again. Not through actions no no. It’s like when people tell others how cool they are. Mhm there.

Photobucket

See how Tsukiko is front and center? Yeppers...

And instead of showing us how close Tsukiko and Yoh had gotten a lot of the SPARKLES were focused on Kanata and Yoh chasing each other around and stealing food from each other. Oh and Suzuya making all the food. Because nothing says harem anime when all the boys like each other and the girl is lalalaing in the corner.

Photobucket

Oh I thought you loved my bodyguards...

The moments that focused on Tsukiko and Yoh felt forced. She wasn’t on screen as much as the boys and when she was she would say things like “Oh we are all friends” or “Aren’t those two boys close?”. So she is either very dense not to notice Yoh’s advances or she is like HAHA there is a creepy stalker dude and I will ignore his creepiness.

Photobucket

Sounds like Yoh has even given up.

But whatever it was if I were Yoh I would be sad that my first star was basically treating me like a friend. Which is what she should do because who wants to date ANYONE after meeting them a month ago. But this ARC didn’t feel very satisfying since nothing got resolved.

Photobucket

Um we already saw this part people!!!!

And why the hell did they waste so much time repeating the whole little kid conversation again? We got 11 minutes and they waste like 3 on that crap? I really don’t understand what is going on here folks.

So…yeah. Everyone is friends, Yoh didn’t get the girl, and I think Kanata was only pretending to be mad at Yoh’s advances because he himself was in love with Yoh. This show is off to an AWESOME start.

Despite the fact that this is a hot mess I will probably still blog it. Only I will blog the “arcs” together and not this 11 minute crap. Because really…just really.

No comments: