Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy Christmas Present? Nendoroid 49 Excelica & Unit Set

XO A Christmas post? In January? Is Tenchi late of things again or what?

No no folks. Today my Christmas present from my husband arrived in the mail. At 10:49 to be exact. XD My husband claims it took that long to hunt down this item and get it shipped. Me thinks my husband found it and then realized that 10 days before Christmas something was not going to make it from Japan.

But no matter. Because I think it is super sweet he found this nendoroid based on a past blog post I had. XD So yeah for my husband being cute! Bring on the pictures!

Photobucket

Behold my new lovely!!!!



Now I am going to be honest with ya'll. I have no idea who this person is. According to Wiki her name is Excelica and she has a sister and she came to Earth on accident but will protect us and some stuff. And all of this is based on a video game. Some kind of shooting game.

So yeah folks. I am not one of these people who wanted this set because it came with a video game (that you can only play in Japan as it is plastered all other the box). I am not someone who was a fan of the series. I am just a nendoroid collector who saw how unbelievable cute Excelia was and then realized how expensive she was. XD So I am sorry to those who absolutely love this franchise. I am only in it for the cuteness.

Photobucket

Now whoever my husband bought her from took excellent care of her. Do we see the plastic wrap still on this baby? That means the game is still inside! That is some hardcore kind of collecting. Maybe they weren't in it for the series either but for the profit? But how much did my husband spend if the video game is still in the box?!


Photobucket

Back of the box. Mostly stills from the video game. Shooting things is not my style. XD But I like the art.


Photobucket

Here is the never been opened video game that I can't play. Well...I do have a silly sibling who bought a Japanese only game system for Christmas last year. It has Final Fantasy people on it or something. But yeah folks the game.


Photobucket

WOOHOO! Look at my new sparkly nendoroid. So many accessories come with her I don't even know where to start. Oh wait there are instructions. XD


Photobucket

Look how cute Excelica is! Her clothes are slightly shinier than my previous nendoroids. Probably because she is wearing armor and fighting in space. Also ignore the legos in the back ground (unless you like legos then ENJOY). The husband decided that he was going to put all his sets back together this week and thus we have no table.


Photobucket

This is Excelica's huge stand. Biggest stand out of any nendoroid I have. Hardcore plastic to hold up Excelica and all her roboty parts. XD


Photobucket

This is the pack that goes on Excelica's back. I am going to assume they are wings. Fly my new cutie FLY!


Photobucket

These are the random spaceship thingy thingies that came with Excelica. I have no idea what they do besides make my new figurine look awesome.


Photobucket

Sadly Excelica is too big to ride this spaceship. But maybe she can direct it into battle or something. XD


Photobucket

Here is my new set all together. Doesn't Excelica look cute?! I mean ready to go into battle to kill the enemy? I love her little legs.


Photobucket

Her back pack doesn't connect directly to her back though. It connects to a separate bar in the back. Which makes sense because then she would be extremely too heavy.


Photobucket

But then we had problems people. We couldn't get ANY of the necks to come off the heads or the body. Like none of them. So.....there was the use pliers. Goodbye mint condition nendoroid. :( But at least the damage is unseen? Sadness.


Photobucket

Why were you using the pliers on me with my limbs still connected? Now I am all over the floor!


Photobucket

Hey where is my stand?! Did you break that too?!


Photobucket

Time for a part change. The arm was easy to take off but the legs needed the pliers too. A littler worrisome on my part but we tried to use a blanket to minimize the damage. Not that I plan on selling this anytime soon. It was just very hard for me alone to take a part a little figurine which is weird.


Photobucket

Eat my dust!


Photobucket

View from the side. I adore her little headband...thingy thing.


Photobucket

I know it is hard to see but this set of feet are SO CUTE. Like there are little bouncy things at the end so if she landed it wouldn't squish her or it would be easier to take off. Something I am sure. But to me they look like moon shoes and they are so cute.


Photobucket

Last face. Excelica is so happy to see you!


Photobucket

Better view of the box. A bit of a crotch shoot but since she has reasonable size boobies I should be complaining right?


Photobucket

MOG is Excelica a head hunter?


Photobucket

Well that is about it. Thanks for stopping by and meeting Excelica. XD A nendoroid that I never thought I would own. But since my husband loves me here she is in my house, being an expensive piece of plastic. XD Love you Excelica. Now time to make room in the cabinet for her and the space ships....


No comments: