Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Anime Series: Kore wa Zombie desu ka episode 1

You know how yesterday (or a short time ago) I asked for ya’ll to pray for me? So I could win? Well now you need to pray that I DON’T win. The anger is building and the wrath of Tenchi will unleashed upon the deserving victim. Sleep on the couch HA! More like sleep with the fishes.

This ends the domestic bliss portion of my post. I try to encourage the institution of marriage wherever I got folks. Isn’t it working?

Photobucket

This episode is full of positive thoughts!!! XD

For those of you who are here for the anime and not a recap of how special marriage can be at times…well it is NEW ANIME SERIES TIME!! WOOHOO!!!! Up now is Kore wa Zombie desu ka. Any show with the word zombie in it is worth watching in my book!

With that said…spoilers for a zombie who doesn’t eat brains. :(



Photobucket

Save the kittens!!!!

Episode Summary: After some abstract building scenes our main character Ayumu says goodbye to Eucliwood the Necromancer and heads to school. He talks to himself about how normal his life is and how these normal days will last forever. But then he reveals that is all a lie as he gets hit by a truck (while saving a kitten AW) and the worst thing that happens to him is he ends up naked. After flying through the air and going through the opening song Ayumu makes it home exhausted. Eucliwood communicates to him by writing that she is hungry. Ayumu pretends that Eucliwood is a moe girl instead of the super quiet straight to the point girl she is. After dinner Ayumu’s friend calls and lets him know another person has been murdered by the serial killer. Ayumu is pissed as he was killed by someone random dude and believe it to be him (or her). Eucliwood brought him back to life so he can get revenge on the dude that killed him. He goes on patrol because serial killers make it super well known who they are.

Photobucket

Yeah mom, I am stuck on Earth with no clothes and a strange boy. Things will be fine.

At a graveyard Ayumu is attacked by a crazy magical girl. Only she wasn’t trying to attack Ayumu but the huge bear monster that just pops out of nowhere. The bear monster attacks and stabs Ayumu. The girl is like so sorry you had to die dude and unleashes her final attack which cuts Ayumu in half. When Ayumu reveals that hello I am a zombie the magical girl (Haruna) tries to explain what she is. But then she goes to erase his memories so does it matter? Only when she tries to use her powers on Ayumu he ends up stealing her powers and she is all naked. After screaming and putting Ayumu back together she goes home with him and says she is staying until the matter is resolved. She calls her boss (because cellphones are amazing) and now Ayumu has TWO hot girls living with him.

Photobucket

Tis a flesh wound!!!! XD

After school the next day Ayumu declines letting his friend come over because hello he is a zombie with two hot girls in his house. He also can’t walk home with his friend because it is sunny outside and apparently zombies don’t do sun. But then a strange man comes in and wants him. WANTS HIM! Not the in rape you sense though as it turns out he is a lobster monster. Haruna comes with her chainsaw and attempts to transform o so magically to destroy said lobster monster. Only she ends up all naked again. Ayumu fights the lobster because being a zombie means he can use 10 percent of his human strength now. But that still won’t be enough and Haruna helps him transform…into her outfit. Ayumu flies around a bit and kills the lobster. Sadly he lands on the school field and everyone sees him in the magical girl outfit. YAY CAMERA PHONES. Before Ayumu can properly die from embarrassment Haruna decides to make Ayumu an honorary magical girl. THE END!

Mog people.

This is the anime me and my friends would come up with after a night of pixie sticks and pocky. I remember on particular night where we created a band with every single hot guy from all the animes we watched (which at the time were probably all the animes available to an American audience). I guess I won’t go into detail about that since ya’ll weren’t there (and if you were…STALKERS XO) but yeah this episode reminds me of some sort of crazy fanfiction my friends and I might have written in high school.

Photobucket

So many things Ayumu must worry about...

But yeah folks. While this show is not going to go down in the history books as the best piece of work ever…it was amusing. Almost like it was so stupid it was amusing kind of fun. Not that I mean that like a negative. We all need a little stupid in our lives people. Stupid fun never killed anyone except the people who try to copy stuff from Jack Ass.

Photobucket

I wonder how much is long distance to magical land.

So we start off with a typical opening. Ayumu is walking to school, telling us that he had a normal life that he took for granted, and blah blah blah. You know all that internal monologue that tends to sound exactly the same. Right before BAM something traumatic happens and the main character will never be the same again.
But wait…wasn’t Eucliwood already in the living room when Ayumu was going to school? HMM people HMMM.

Photobucket

The first naked person we see is a boy?! XO Shocking!!!!

So Ayumu was already going to get a million points from me because he was risking his life to save a kitten. A KITTEN folks. That is so many bonus points I don’t even know how to start calculating it. But then the truck hits him, he isn’t worried, and he is randomly naked. Clearly we are in for a ride with this show.

Photobucket

Just a snippet into why Ayumu's life sucks.

I like that Ayumu’s past wasn’t entirely shown. More like we got a brief glimpse into what happened to him. Some random serial killer stabbed him and now he wants revenge. I wonder if it was really so random. Surely Ayumu is a special kind of human. But if the killings are still happening who knows. WHO KNOWS PEOPLE.

Photobucket

I think you can keep on dreaming Ayumu.

Ayumu pretending that Eucliwood is all sparkly and stuff entertains me. Like Eucliwood doesn’t talk and perhaps is the type who crushes beer cans on her head. Not much is known about her except she doesn’t talk. I am sure that is all Ayumu knows about Eucliwood too. That and she is a necromancer who brought him back to life. So yes I think it is funny that Ayumu is trying to bring the stereotypical moe girl into the mix and Eucliwood is like no feed me.

Photobucket

Since when?! X_X

So one would think that Ayumu has a pretty interesting life already right? Absent parents, hottie living in his house, and he is a zombie who doesn’t eat brains (but hates the sunlight because obviously he is a vampire too). But no he is not interesting enough. I think another hottie needs to come live with him and Ayumu needs to become a magical girl. Because I don’t know what masō-shōjo means.

Photobucket

Interesting weapon of choice.

I think I like Haruna. Her outfit is really ugly but I like her personality. Maybe her outfit is really making fun of all the outrageous costumes that magical girls do wear. The transformation sure was. But Haruna out of the outfit (but not naked) was super cute and likeable.

Photobucket

But I'm not dead yet!!!

I think my favorite part was when Ayumu was injured by the first monster demon thing and Haruna was like don’t move, those are serious injuries…JUST DIE. And she had no problem cutting him in half and not feeling sorry he had to die for her mission to be completed. I mean…I guess that is kinda cold hearted but after seeing so many fluffy fluff girls caring that blades of grass are saved (SAVE THE KITTENS) I am just glad that someone sees the BIG PICTURE. Yeah it is sad someone had to die but MILLIONS were saved.

Photobucket

Can you put me back together before you yell at me?

Well I just assume millions. Not much was explained about Haruna and her magical world. Only that they don’t have cellphones there and if she untransforms she is instantly naked instead of being put back into what she was wearing. Maybe more next time on what she is doing on Earth and why man molesting lobsters are after her.

Photobucket

Obviously this will end well for Ayumu.

So now Ayumu is a zombie, has two hot girls living with him, and sucked some magical powers into his body making his a demon magnet. Sounds like a busy life right? Nope we got to make it worse folks. Now he can transform EXACTLY like Haruna. Complete with moans. And to top the sundae the entire school sees Ayumu in his cosplay outfit and everyone thinks he is a sick freak. Because being killed, brought back to life as a zombie, and being torn in half was not enough. No no, everyone in school must think he is scum too. BECAUSE IT IS FUN!

Photobucket

Does it make me a bad person if I enjoy his suffering?

Needless to say I will be blogging this series for the time being. Even if it’s just to see Ayumu suffer. It is fun suffering yes? So while I think there is a whole lot of stupid going on…I enjoy this kinda stupid. But is it cliché now to make fun of clichés? I get confused.

Oh and the opening song was nice. Or at least the imagery. He is….Screwed. XD



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not Safe for children!

Christina said...

Anonymous- Probably not. I would probably rate this show a PG-13 show. Nothing is really showing with the nudity but better safe than sorry right? Not that I have or understand kids though...

Anonymous said...

I'm so disappointed in this anime season so far. The fact that we're watching this is an indication of how bad things are! And, yes, I thought this is really stupid too and yes it was funny and I will watch again. What the heck?!? (PG language!)

Christina said...

Anonymous- My friend and I love watching Sci-Fi movies (usually on Saturday nights when the new one "premiers"). Not because we think they are awesome. No no, because they are so stupid it is amazing and entertaining. And that is why I think I love this show. XD

But I do like Haruna, the anti magical girl stereotype. XD

Anonymous said...

You know, I watch movies like that too but I don't think I've watched an anime for the same reason. Also, bad movies are usually bad b/c they don't know they are, this anime clearly knows it's stupid! X)

By the way, I don't watch the new V but I saw part last night and they are swallowing rats like in the original 80's show, but with gaping CG maws that look soooo fake but also very very gross. So this may go on my watch list too now...

Christina said...

Anonymous- That is probably very true with the movies, not knowing that they are bad. So which is worse, not knowing you are bad or being bad on purpose? HMMM.

Also a movie is over after 2 hours. XD We got this show for WEEKS! XD

I couldn't get into this new V. That is my excuse for missing so many episodes and never being home to watch it. But the main alien lady scares me so I avoid it XD

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that main alien lady was the one who ate the rat. That's why it was hilarious. I also saw they had the main alien lady from the 80's version playing her mother in the new one, she looked the same! Total 80's hot lady, with maybe less big hair? So going off topic here. They may have lizard-alien human hybrid action with more bad but gross CG which make me say yay. So I may watch.

You think the kid in "Zombie" will get different powers each week?

Christina said...

Anonymous- I also think it is cool (whether I watch the series or not) when they incorporate the old cast into the new show. Because it would be a bummer to be totally forgotten for something new and exciting when really you made the series first.

I hope not. Or at least if he does I hope he gets a better outfit. That magical girl getup looks good on no one.

eternia said...

So glad you blogged this one too, since it triples the fun and makes me want to rewatch. :-P
This is the best stupid-joke anime after Seto no Hanayome. I haven't reallu laughed out loud while watching anime ever since then. The scene of Haruna cold-heartedly cut Ayumu in half, only to be stripped bare, and continued to stomp on his face, screaming "Now, Now, Now" in Engrish. I can't hold back laughing. LOL.

Christina said...

Eternia- I loved that part too. JUST GIVE UP HOPE! Obviously she is still a magical girl in training because the proper response was to cry over the dead victim until the bad guy nearly kills her. Then some hot dude would come by and save her and she would then have the strength to beat the baddie.

She obviously needs more education!