Sunday, January 16, 2011

Starry Sky episode 4: Bring on the yaoi!!!

I went to work today and I didn’t injury myself to the extent I can no longer move something. That means it was a successful day. But of course since I am so klutzy I slammed my thumb into something and smashed my elbow into another thing. I am becoming the source of much entertainment at work.

Photobucket

And I am scared of this whole show. X__X

And then I came home and there was not much entertainment. Only two “episodes” of Starry Sky. Which is really one episode so that is really negative entertainment. Just woohoo folks. WOOHOO!

Spoilers for…..boy on boy action? XD



Photobucket

This is me trying to ask out your 8 year old self.

Episode Summary BECAUSE IT IS ONLY ONE EPISODE: When Tsubasa was younger he lived with his grandfather. And all the other adults around him hated him for no damn reason. He makes inventions and entertains himself that way. While playing with a new invention Azusa (possibly his cousin as he refers to grandfather too) says he is unique, likes his weird laugh, and tells him his inventions are cool. Fast forward to sometime later and he is enrolled to Starry Sky for Hot Boys. There he reunites with his boyfri….cousin Azusa. He is spied on by memories of the student council and during opening ceremonies he is chosen to be the treasurer. He tries to dodge his responsibilities but it dragged by the president Kazuki. He is introduced to Hayato and Tsukiko who are also student council members. After spazzing a little Tsbuasa grows to love the student council. However one day his tea invention blows up causing Hayato to ban him from making stuff in the student council room. This causes Tsubasa to be a depressed emo kid who doesn’t make inventions ANYWHERE.

Photobucket

HI! I am still here for you emo boy! Pay attention to me!

Azusa tries to come and cheer him up but Tsubasa is too deep in his emo to care. Hayato, Tsukiko, and Kazuki talk suspiciously about the funds and how they are going to do something BIG for him. Tsubasa walks in and they all panic. They tell him that they can’t meet for student council for a week because of a really stupid lie. This is followed up by whispering in front of Tsubasa and making him feel bad. Tsubasa keeps having his emo attack and things only gets worse when he catches the trio leaving the student council room. He runs away and cries emo tears in the dark. Only Kazuki tracks him down and takes him back to the student council room. They have made Tsubasa a ….chemistry lab? So he can build his inventions and not kill anyone. AW Tsubasa is so happy now. Only he is worried about being happy because the good times will come to an end. But this time he will allow himself to be happy and enjoy the moment. THE END!!!!

Photobucket

Having a romantic moment!!!

I had a commentator ask if we were going to get a decent yaoi anime in 2011. Well readers….here it is!!! An anime based on an otome game is our yaoi for the year! Woohoo folks. We got a boy love game totally destroyed in 2010 so they decided to make it up to us by forgetting about the girl and focusing on the sparkly boys in the otome based anime.

And I am being totally serious folks. Really when I am not serious….XD Okay so part of me is serious and part of me is snarking. But tell me folks. Tell me what part of this episode Tsukiko and Tsubasa had a moment. Tell me what part of the episode Tsukiko was vitally important to Tsubasa’s happiness. Tell me that if Tsukiko wasn’t there the outcome would have been totally different.

Photobucket

Sparkle sparkle.

You can’t. But you can tell me how Tsubasa was blushing all over Azusa. You can tell me that Kazuki was deeply sad about Tsubasa being all mopping. And you can also tell me Kazuki made it possible that Tsubasa got his…laboratory. So yes folks. Yaoi anime indeed.

Photobucket

SHHHH! Things don't have to make sense!

Also it is becoming crystal clear to me this anime sucks. XD Oh I am in a good mood today. But yes I learned all about Tsubasa via NO THE SHOW. Like I wanted to know why all those adults were so cruel to Tsubasa. Was the grandfather really a grandfather or an older man that took in a stranger’s kid? And why hadn’t Azusa seen Tsubasa in a while? And why is Tsubasa at this school when clearly he likes inventing stuff better?

None of these questions are answered. All the adults just came across as assholes. Which they still are even when you do know who they are. But Tsubasa’s parents got divorced and left him with his grandfather. And the adults think he is weird because he makes stuff. Because they are assholes. Azusa hasn’t seen Tsubasa in a while because grandma sent him off to this school. And grandma sent Tsubasa to this school because she knew he was interested in the stars.

Photobucket

We don't need no stinkin answers!

See how much sense this is making now? Also factor in the game obviously goes into way more detail on why Tsubasa is afraid of being happy and things make SENSE. So let me ask a question….why bother making an anime if they were only going to make one episode per guy, give us barely any details on why they are important, and making the romance factor nonexistent? Like really folks why?

Photobucket

I am going to keep mentioning your laugh but it means nothing. NOTHING!

Something that was really special about this ARC was Tsubasa’s laugh. I thought that the other kids in school were going to tease him about it and Azusa went out of his way to mention it. So I thought that is why Tsukiko was going to be special to him, because she thought his laugh was cute. But nothing came of the laugh at all. So it was really just a waste of time. Or a way that Azusa was trying to hit on Tsubasa. I guess I will go with that.

Photobucket

And you are an asshole. It was just a little explosion.

But I guess I like that Tsubasa was happy making inventions. Even if it was the annoying oh they always blow up kind of inventions. It is just nice to know that the show won’t all be about the stars and such. Come to think of it that didn’t come up at all during this episode did it?

Photobucket

I'm not lying about the sparkles!!

And yes I enjoyed the sparkly almost yaoi moments. I am team Azusa and Tsubasa though. Even if Kazuki made him a laboratory Azusa had a past with him. Azusa just needs to get a better hair cut because dude that would look horrible on a girl.

Photobucket

Everyone watching this show was lied to. We feel your pain.

But Tsubasa was cute. That is all that matters right?

Photobucket

Someone needs a hug! But not from me, I has boobies.

Oh and I do relate to Tsubasa in the not wanting to be happy in the now. Like you look forward to something but before you know it the time is over and all is in the past. So him not wanting to be happy now because it might end one day makes sense. Even though he went about it in an emo way I can understand what he goes through. I get excited about things but then the day before the event I am sad before I know it will end soon and it hasn’t even started. So I got your back on that one Tsubasa.

Photobucket

This show is smooth, like this scene.

I wasn’t even paying attention to what guy has his turn next week. All I know is we aren’t going to see much of Tsukiko and he will probably be closer with someone else. A male someone else. Sparkle on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lawl. ARE Tsubasa and Azusa cousins? If so that's messed up. All these bishies and they're hang-ups over nonexistent past traumas that didn't happen. First Yoh, now this guy? Also, why a chemistry lab? Obviously those three don't understand mechanical engineering. Let's get him a bunsen burner. Besause he likes that science stuff.

Christina said...

Anonymous- I am only assuming they are cousins since they both referred to the old dude as grandfather. One would think that it would mention it somewhere else on the web (you know, because the show doesn't explain anything) but it could explain why both Azusa and Tsubasa are at the house.

The chemistry lab is so awesome. They could only have been more off if they built him a private kitchen. Oh hi you like to make little tiny gadgets out of spare parts? Have a microscope instead XD

Anonymous said...

D; actually there is going to air a 'decent yaoi anime' this april called sekai ichi hatsukoi which is by the author of junjou romantica.

Christina said...

Anonymous- Thank GOD for that. XD If it is from the author of Junjou Romantica we should be good to go. We will just use this awesome piece of crap as eye candy then. XD

Anonymous said...

See, this is all we get this Winter :(

So then Azusa can be everybody's uke. Kazuki is a slut. And Hayato, he's a total closet seme, he has serious control issues!

Christina said...

Anonymous- I can totally see Azusa sleeping with everyone. Only I wish his hair wasn't quite so ugly. But Yoh might have him beat in the uke department. XD

Hal said...

I would love a doujinshi with Tsubasa (uke), Azusa (seme), and Kazuki (seme). The idea of that trio's hot. XD

Christina said...

Hal- X__X One month later and I respond as I suck. XD I almost forgot about this show actually. I think that fans would make better mangas/stories about the boys than the actual anime. Of course in my mind the stories would all be yaoi but that seems to be the undertone of the show ANYWAY. XD But yes the possibilities are endless in regards to couples. I guess that is the only thing positive about this show. XD