Friday, September 10, 2010

Why Have You Forsaken Me!? Alternatively I hate you all.

Your regularly scheduled Amagami SS post has been interrupted because it’s boring.

Okay maybe there is more to it than that. But after the day I have had I am in no mood to see toe kisses or ankles gropes or whatever. Just not today.

No today I will give you a brief summary on how sucky the life of a delivery driver can be. I am going to say specifics because I think it will really highlight how awesome I am. Awesome meaning how I got through the day without killing someone of course. But yeah, no vague descriptions here. Hopefully I can lurk in the shadows and not be found by my co-workers…whom claim to hate anime so that shouldn’t be a problem.

But you know…it’s not like I am lying. So what could they get mad about?


I start my day off not getting tipped from a huge delivery. Always makes me smile people. Because when we give your school a huge discount on delivery pizzas it is best to smile at me and pay me in exact change. Makes me feel real appreciated and sets the tone for the day.

I get back to the store and I answer the phone. Dude wants to specialty pizzas and is picking them up. I tell him the price and he is all oh have the prices gone up? Prices haven’t changed since I started working there but okay I will explain that one topping is $X.XX and 6 toppings is $XX.XX. Because after working years in retail/food I know that people are dumb. But dude keeps insisting that he doesn’t pay THAT MUCH. He name drops the owner and FOR ONCE owner is actually there. I have to wait to get a word in edgewise because he just keeps yelling that he doesn’t pay that much. But finally I am able to say that I can go get the owner if he would just hold on a second.

Dude then flips his shit. Like he asked for the owner and when I said I was going to get the owner he lost his damn mind. FORGET IT! I don’t have time for this. JUST BILL ME!!!!!!!!!! Then he hangs up on me. No phone number, no me telling him when the pizzas are going to be ready, nothing. So I turn into Tenchi Hulk and scream around the store about assholes like I usually do.

Well in normal land that is what should have happened. But today was bizarro day so instead I burst into tears and cry in the corner. Because I am hard core like that. Not sure why I cried THEN when I should have cried after leaving work but I guess the stress of several weeks worth of crap slipped over into my eyeballs. I successfully scared my manager and co-worker with my crying as they assumed someone died.

After the owner is informed of my major freak out he came over to me and comforted me in my time of need. He called back the dude and told him to take his business somewhere else. Then we all had cake and lived happily ever after.

Or the owner called back the dude, apologized for the inconvenience, and offered him a 12 dollar discount. Because that is how my life works. Then the owner says the guy was concerned that I might have THOUGHT he was yelling at me because we had a bad connection. Only no one had mentioned him yelling at me so….guilty much? One does not ask for the owner if they are not pissed. One does not hang up in anger because of a bad connection. So yeah..FUN TIMES!

After that experience I dried my poor eyes (which hurt hours later because that is how my eyes roll) I took another delivery and came back to the store to find out my boss just LEFT in the middle a huge rush. We are talking every seat filled and only two people were running the store. So thanks boss. Or really it should be expected. If you don’t care about a crying employee I guess you don’t care if two are overwhelmed.

My boss does manage to call us back hours later to tell the co-worker who answered the phone that I needed to go pay his cellphone bill. Yes people because after witnessing me being treated like crap the owner decided that he shouldn’t miss out on the fun and treat me like shit too. Does it say indentured servant on my name tag? Am I a personal assistant to the stars? Am I staring on a Bravo reality show where the owner of a company treats their workers like idiot minions who are at their mercy?

After throwing a huge fit I drive down to pay the cell bill. Because next to my name tag is a button that says SUCKER. I get to the store and the owner of the cell phone store is like….where is my pizza? Like um how about hi and sorry your life sucks? But no home slice was serious. Apparently he ALWAYS gets a free pizza when my boss manages to pay his own bills. And now he is mad at me for FORGETTING HIS PIZZA. I try to mumble something about how I am not in charge and sorry there is no pizza. Also why should someone get a free pizza for nothing?

Home slice decides to then talk to the other customers about how AWESOME another store’s pizza is. In front of me. After asking for a free pizza. I am not lying about this Twilight zone crap. I am standing here listening to him go on and on about another business’ pizza. That really endears me to give him free shit it really does. The icing on the suck cake is when he threaten me if I didn’t have enough money for the bill. Like okay being a doormat is one thing and being a punching bag is another.

I get back to the store and I have a delivery to a far away land. Not really but get me out of the store and into my car PLEASE. Only my air conditioning, the AC I paid my boss 300 dollars to fix, isn’t working. So I shall melt and die people.

But not from the heat. No from the jackasses on the road. I am driving along when BAM a car decides they need to get two lanes over and I need to get the hell out of their way because clearly I do not exist. I hit on the breaks and the horn as the two jackasses laugh while cutting me off. Just as I was getting ready to flick those two off another car goes to cut me off (WTF people I was speeding why you cutting me off!??) and gets in the lane WITH THE OTHER CAR! Like oh hi two inches of space. X_X Granted the first cutter offers were jackasses but if they got hit by another car I might die and that is not acceptable.

So I get back to the store and it is time to run the counter. Only today is national OH I have a coupon day. Coupons are good. They get people into our store and get them hooked on our product. However after I ring your entire order up don’t get all pissy and tell me the total is wrong because there is a coupon IN YOUR POCKET! Can I see IN YOUR POCKET? No I can’t. So how about you tell me your name and you hand me the coupon before I start clicking all the little numbers. Then I have to do a void and I will probably mess up and need a manager and we are too busy for all this JUST GIVE ME THE COUPON!

Stupid co-worker then tries to get me in trouble and call me out on shit. Only I was right and hopefully I came out looking awesome. He goes over to the boss and says SOMEONE *eyes shift to me* just overcharged this woman who had a coupon but don’t worry I gave her back the difference. Only dumbass co-worker I charged the woman the correct price because she wanted MORE than what the coupon offered. I still let her use the coupon despite the fact it didn’t apply and she was charged the difference. So go you co-worker for telling your boss that you just cost him money. Awesome.

Other co-worker I am trying to leave. I have seriously been here all day. I need to sleep. I need to eat. I need to shower. Probably not in that order but it is time for me to go. However I cannot leave unless you take over the counter like you are supposed to. Stop standing there looking into space while I work off the clock. And boss you saw them doing this. How about you correct the situation??!?!

So I finally get out of the store…and my husband calls. He needs medicine. Now. As in I have to go to Walgreens and wait for the script to be filled because he needs it NOW. I know it is not his fault but I wanted to throw the phone out the window when he called. I was so hungry and smelled like ass. :( Sitting and waiting for 30 more minutes when all I wanted to do was go home was not fun. Not fun at all.

So these are the reasons why my day sucked. There are more but they are way too specific and probably not as easy to understand as an outsider. But yeah. Today was long, horrible, and I wanted to cry all the time. Money is the only thing that motivated me to get through it all.

I meant to include fun pictures but I am tired and I really don’t know how to work the scanner. Maybe next time. Now…I sleep. So I can go back tomorrow and do it all over again. Thanks for reading my walls of text.

Silver lining: No cat puke when I got home. Awesome.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've said this before, but drop Amagami! XD

However, when you do drop it - sooner rather than later - replace it's usual timeslot to watch some past anime. Hmm...I wonder which ones I could be referring to? XD

Overall, drop the crap and pick up the quality anime.

Anonymous said...

Money does make the world go around doesn't it ... I hope that tommorow you have a better day. Just think, you are getting paid to deal with this crap (not enough, I know, actually not nearly enough, but you're getting something from it)

Christina said...

Samuel- Apparently I am a sucker for punishment XD

Anonymous- Today was a better day. Still had a few X_X and -__- moments but nothing as spectacular as yesterday.

I find counting down the hours until I can go home gets me through the day better.