Sunday, September 12, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 23

Ya’ll today has been so awesome. And by awesome I mean can I go back to bed and start the day over yet? The pharmacy dude at Walgreens wouldn’t give me a flu shot despite me arriving 30 minutes before close (he said come in between 10-6 so YOU KNOW). It rained like crazy all day long so I already had to dodge thunderstorms and cars to even get to the Walgreens. So I decided to go to Target to get groceries for our AWA trip. Only two employees were so beyond rude to me I waited 10 minutes to speak to a manager and walked away with no groceries. And the topping on the cake is there is some family drama going on and even though I started done of this there is anger towards me. Because obviously I should let people live in my house rent free.

Photobucket

This is how I looked all day.

SOOOOO yeah. A day of miracles it has been. A miracle that I haven’t kicked anyone in the face yet. I tried to take away some of my anger by cleaning but HAHAHA new Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru episode is up and subbed. So it is time to put a smile on my face and watch my emo boys (and girls…) over in crazy demon land.

Spoilers for….well sparkly dragons and MOG family members!



Photobucket

I am always amused on how baddies restrain their enemies. Such thought and planning. I'd just throw someone in a closet.

Episode Summary: Luka has a little fit that his Yuki has been kidnapped. And by little I mean his powers are all sparkly and he is walking away probably to destroy the whole forest. But before Luka can stomp off into that gentle night Hotsuma is like dude we all care about Yuki so we need to work together to find him. So everyone goes back to the main house to have their injuries looked at. They all sit around and talk about obvious stuff about Reiga maybe being Kanata and protecting Yuki. It is just a sad fest of them all being sad and thinking about Yuki. Takashiro is informed of the Yuki kidnapping and his butler helps get him dressed. Takashiro manages to locate Yuki but passes out again. The butler is like hello everyone this is where Yuki is and Takashiro will join you later. Onwards they go. In the evil dimension that Reiga minions are talking about how Reiga is in love with Yuki and how Yuki’s blood would make an excellent sauce at dinner. Yuki wakes up in a blue jewel and is all LET ME GO NOW! Reiga basically admits to still feeling like Kanata but he is pissed that Yuki has taken the side of the nasty humans who are full of evil emotions.

Photobucket

Holy crap I'm losing?!?!?

All the Guardians and Luka make it to the evil dimension where the Twinless Twin is there to meet them. Hotsuma and Shuusei stay behind to take him out. As the game….err episode progresses Toko and Tsukumo stay to take out Elegy and Senshirou and Kuroto stay to take out Cadenza leaving Luka the only one to take on the final boss. This is all very shocking and unexpected. There are mini scenes of all the pairings fighting and talking about how they love Yuki. Luka makes it to the last room and Yuki is like HI XD XD XD because I think he is unaware he has been kidnapped. Reiga refers to Yuki and Luka as traitors and Yuki is like what? Confused. Luka sees that Reiga has brought his A-game today and it is time to fight. He uses Sodom to fight Reiga’s dragon. Sodom does win but passes out shortly there after. Both men then keep chanting spells and what not as Yuki watches. Reiga uses a barrier spell to bounce Luka’s spell back on him which causes Luka significant injuries. Reiga doesn’t get off easy either but Luka is coughing up gallons of blood. Yuki begs Reiga to stop and Reiga is like fine I will kill you first. Reiga tries to put aside his memories of Yuki and fires at him but it is deflected just in time. But not by Luka…but by another demon who looks just like Luka. X_X The End!

XO I thought my summary was going to be longer than that. XD Go me!!! But yes I am significantly in a better mood now thanks to this episode so woohoo!!! I have no ice cream but I have Yuki and his genuine tears to fill my soul.

Photobucket

Um....yeah. Not talking to you...

Luka wasn’t as scary as I thought he was going to be this week. I know last week he had a scream fit and blamed the ground for Yuki being kidnapped. But this week he decided to go for the whole silent and walking away type of anger moment. Which is still very scary. You know when your mom is mad at you and then refuses to talk to you kind of anger? Yeah that is what I imagined being around Luka felt like for the Guardians.

Photobucket

Hotsuma is a brave soul. Stupid but brave.

Well except for Hotsuma. He either didn’t pick up on Luka’s killer vibe or is too stupid to care. I mean brave….No I mean stupid. XD Silly Hotsuma. I am sure everyone else was thinking that but Hotsuma is the only one who could outright say it with enough force to make his point known. Like no shaking in his voice, strong resolve and all. Hotsuma likes to speak from the heart and not the brain. He was right though so that is all that matters.

Photobucket

Look at us being interesting....

The events inside the house were boring though. Just more of the same old talk. I wonder what these people did in their spare time before they knew Yuki. Their entire lives seem to revolve around that kid. Which I can see why now; it just concerns me for some reason. But yeah boring conversations were boring.

Photobucket

I am trying to be hardcore!

Takashiro is really dying here people. But I like how he is putting on a strong front for the other people with putting on his suit and saying they will rescue Yuki. He has been around for a 1000 years so he has time to work on some awesome leadership skills. So while I think he should be more truthful about his condition I like that he is taking charge and trying to calm everyone down.

Photobucket

Yeah I would be confused too....

Reiga basically saying he is still Kanata was nice. I mean it was beyond obvious but at least he said it out loud. Good to know that the villains are still capable of being honest. I do not get why he called Yuki a traitor too. Like Reiga is a half human and half demon so either way he is a traitor so whatever. But um..Yuki is a human. How is a traitor for not siding with Kanata in a fight with humans and demons when he wasn’t even aware that Kanata was a Reiga demon? Like it confuses me.

Photobucket

But....wouldn't that make him a traitor...?

But Reiga doesn’t impress me with his blaming of Yuki. Like OH everything is Yuki’s fault now? Hello it would make it more sense to blame Takashiro for all this mess but not Yuki. He didn’t know he was betraying you crazy. He thought he was going to go live with his brother and protect you from demons. He didn’t know you were the demon summoner! So blaming Yuki for how this hot mess turned out was cruel at this point. Unless you were doing it to cut your connection off from Yuki it was uncalled for. DO NOT WANT!

Photobucket

MORTAL KOMBAT!

The way the partners were broken up for the final battles with the baddies were…expected and not amazing. Shuusei and Hotsuma already kicked that Twin’s ass anyway so it will be anticlimactic for them to kick it a second time. Also he will probably fall apart because he is losing his mind and they will use it against him. I felt them fighting before was better as they were fighting for each other and love and stuff. XD

Photobucket

She makes such weird faces...

Toko and Tsukumo fighting Elegy is pretty weird. She doesn’t have a beef with them and neither siblings hate her. Well they hate her in the sense that she is the enemy but not a burning deep passion to take her out of this world. She is more after Luka and his sexiness so it doesn’t feel as serious when they are fighting her.

Photobucket

WTF when did he get a paintbrush?!

But Senshirou and Kuroto need to kick Cadenza’s ass all the way. That is a fight worth seeing and it is a long time coming. Of course Kuroto has lost his taste for revenge and is fighting for Yuki only. Which I think is a load of shit. Cadenza killed his old partner. Cadenza killed his grandfather and everyone he knew minus Senshirou. So yeah Kuroto GET YOUR REVENGE and don’t let people talk you out of it

Photobucket

Poor hurt Sodom. :(

Reiga and Luka’s fight was different from what I thought it was going to be. A lot of spells going on. Of course Reiga doesn’t look like the hand to hand combat kind of guy. But the dragons did a lot of work so that took away from the AHA factor. Like okay while the dragons are fighting why aren’t you two trying to kill each other? Also I was fully prepared to make fun of Kanata and his protection spell…but it kicked Luka’s ass. X_X Hardcore.

Photobucket

More attractive hat wearing!

So the episode end with MOG Luka having a brother. Of course due to SPOILER ANONS ( XD I love you guys just kidding) I knew he had a brother. But I didn’t think he would make an appearance due to the fact that the series is almost over. However this gives me hope that there will be a season two so I am all like HELLO BROTHER!!!! XD

Also I am sure Luka is happy Yuki got saved but he is probably -_- that yet another person is saving Yuki and probably having feelings about him. Luka will never get laid people. NEVER.

Photobucket

Why does everyone love Yuki?!

So I am pretty excited about the next episode! I will have it up as soon as possible next week but I will be traveling back home from AWA so we will see how that goes. XD I will have another marathon blogging session Monday and Tuesday. But I will do this series first as soon as I can. XD Also I would say countdown to the end but I have a feeling it won’t be ending so I am happy.

See ya next week!!!

Photobucket

Strong determined Yuki is cute!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL b/c yr screen grabs are tall today which is OK for me b/c my god, *big eyes* alert on this weeks episode! I never saw such big eyes, and everybody had em, especially Takashiro who looked like a 14 yr old this week. Yr grabs look normal! which helped me to RELAX b/c everyone look weird this week and it freaked me out! Except Sodom who looked AWEsome.

-Kate

Christina said...

Kate- XD I think this episode had a lot of eyeball expression going on. Which is better than everyone screaming Yuki 1856 million times. But yeah Elegy looked weird in every pic I tried to take of her so I was like screw it you are going to have a fart face in the screenie.

And kid Sodom is awesome. Poor little thing needs a rest.

Freak said...

AH WOOT!
Damn...yay for twin brother Luka my prediction came correct :D
I'm soooo sad...but still very glad that the series is coming to an end

WOOT!!

Anyways...Elegy means funeral song lol soooo befitting...I think she's pretty awesome lolz
I still adore Reiga, he's totally awesome and angsty.
Luka totally got owned! and well Takashiro is weak as hell...

Also, Luka's twin brother HATES Yuki...he doesn't have love feelings for him like all the villains except for Reiga :3

More waiting and I'm going to spazz out...lol

Anonymous said...

Finished reading yr post, maybe Reiga says Yuki's a traitor for something he did in a past life? And maybe they had their dragons fight in their place so that Reiga and Luca could make out off-camera? Just a thought.
-K8

Christina said...

Freak- Well it looked like el Twin might have feelings for Yuki as he was all rescuing him XD I wouldn't put it pass him as everyone else is all googly eyed with Yuki. I wonder if Luka was jealous of his outfit....

I am surprised the twin showed up when it is FINAL BATTLE TIME. But given the fact that the last episode wasn't named something dramatic I don't think it will be the last episode. The pacing was too slow for this episode for it to be MOG over.

K8- That might be true, about the past life thing. Maybe girl Yuki denied his advances or something. But maybe Reiga's hat is squeezing his brain and he is not thinking clearly.

But yeah hello your dragons are fighting and you are going to sit there all calm and wait for the battle to finish? It's like Tsukumo not firing at Elegy when Toko had her whip all tied up. Don't wait your turn in battle!

Freak said...

LOL
anyways, Reiga probably wanted Luka's twin brother to help him...um, protect Yuki b/c you know, he'll probably be crying over attacking and killing his Yuki later if he didn't have Luze (I think that's his name) deflect the attack lol
It's all part of his evil plan~ >.>

Anonymous said...

If Luca and Luze are twins does that mean Sakurai Takahiro does the voice for both?

(-Kate)

Jan Suzukawa said...

Yeah - nothing like introducing a character in the PENULTIMATE EPISODE of the series. ;) There's got to be a Season Two now!

Christina said...

Freak- Everything is apart of the plan!!! Reiga was like look Luze, sometimes when I see Yuki I want to blow him up into tiny pieces just so Luka can't touch him. If that happens make sure you stop me and bring me to my senses. And Luze was like okay do I get a cool hat?

Kate- Anime News Net hasn't updated yet with that information but if it is the same voice actor I would probably expect them to sound slightly different as they both have grown up to be different people. Like separate situation have changed their voices slightly.

Jan- We must rejoice softly as some people are not happy with that information.

But yeah I am going crazy happy inside. XD

Freak said...

YES everything is apart of his love plan~!!!
That's why I love our conflicting villain, he's so sexy and confused with how he wants to express his emotions lolz
Anyways,

I will/can tolerate season 2 if it has Reiga in some new sexy costumes and subtle male LukaxYuki moments because the LUKAXYUKI fangirls will be pleased...
But no kissing moment is all I'm trying stray from watching. I can take female YukixLuka because my nostrils like them, so I like them lol
I'm rooting the impossible love! Reiga you go my man!

Christina said...

Freak- ALL IS PART OF THE PLAN! Even the part where I draw naked pictures of Yuki at night and make dolls out of his hair. ALL IS FOR THE PLAN!

I think a season two should/better focus on Yuki/Luka more. :( Hotsuma and Shuusei stole the show with their romance. So yeah they need to kick that up a notch.

And in season two new hats and jackets for all!

Freak said...

WTF? You draw naked pictures of Yuki?! OMFG
I try to draw naked pictures of Reiga/Kanata lol XD and make mustaches out his hair haha
THAT IS PART OF MY PLAN YEAH
haha
I didn't really receive the hots/shu romance.