Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 24: FINAL EPISODE!

Okay I said today was going to be a blogging marathon but that really didn’t happen. We didn’t go the movies either. So where did the day go? X_X I mean a good part of it was typing up the Anime Weekend Atlanta 2010 con report but what about the rest? I guess I got preoccupied with updating Facebook pictures, putting around all my lovely treasures, and bonding the neediest cat ever. Oh and looking on the AWA forums boards for discussions and what not. So yeah my blogging marathon hasn’t happened yet. Let’s see if I can change that right now XD.

Photobucket

What will I do without my weekly dose of IMPLIED yaoi?!

First up is Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru FINAL EPISODE. Or maybe not so final. Anyway I was going to flip a coin to see what got blogged first, this or K-On!! but someone told me to watch Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru because X_X. Well maybe not X_X but it made me X_X. If my face ever did X_X this is real life I probably should seek medical attention.

So be prepare for spoilers, possible disappointment, and everyone getting one last line in before THE END!



Photobucket

Let's make the whole episode about Hotsuma and Shuusei!

Episode Summary: Luka introduces Yuki to his younger twin brother Luze. Yuki is all XO for a while. Luza says something about how Luka destroyed their family name (what?!) and Luka is like I love Yuki so shut your mouth. Reiga then is like this is all your fault Yuki. Something about the light creates darkness or something. Mainly Reiga wants to cut Yuki deep and it works. Takashiro says some dramatic stuff to all the random second tier characters and he transports himself to the land of Reiga. Only Takashiro is all like AHA I will use dark power to fight you. Yuki watches as Reiga and Takashiro stare each other down and is all like it’s all my fault. BAM! It is time to bring out the awesome Yuki power. Now it can kill Duras so the generals run and the twin dude is killed. Also everyone is healed. Reiga is not hurt because the plot won’t allow it and Luka’s contract with Yuki protects him. Yuki can’t control his powers and he is losing control. Luka makes it to Yuki after a slow mo scene and Reiga is like what is this?! Takashiro tries to rub it in his face and bam….it’s over.

Photobucket

Time for sexy times!

Everyone is outside Yuki’s room looking nervous. Luka goes in and Yuki wakes up. Surprise everyone lived. Yuki promises to end the war and Luka is like FINE I will keep protecting you then. Takashiro goes and visits the shrine rock thing and talks about Yuki being a boy messing up how things were supposed to go and all. Tsukumo then tries to flirt with Shuusei with ice cream and baths. XO Sexy I know. Kuroto tries to be sexy with Hotsuma but they are too similar personality wise so it ends up being a fight. And Senshirou tries to have a conversation with someone that doesn’t have hair in their face but Tsukumo shuts that down. Then Hotsuma and Shuusei have the best conversation EVER people. Like go watch it now it was that awesome. Ice cream and Hotsuma saying he is going to marry Shuusei and sexy time talk. Best part of the entire episode. Yuki is like oh hell now I want to be romantic too so he takes Luka on a walk. Luka tries to make a contract with Yuki but Yuki wants it more on a trust/love level than master level. Then there is some talk about how Yuki wants to protect everyone and that future will be okay as he runs to all his friends with Luka watching on. THE END!

WELL THEN PEOPLE!

Okay I was the one singing hey let’s get a second season folks. I probably was leading the parade to in the WE NEED A SEASON TWO PARADE! Do I get a cool cane?
However people I want to go on record and state I only wanted a season two AFTER this one ended awesome like. Like I didn’t think everyone was going to make it out alive but I was expecting Luka and Yuki to live. Maybe Takashiro and Reiga taking each other out and Luze becoming the new baddie. I was not expecting this at all.

Yuki…seriously. There are some major battles going on and you are leaning against the wall. Do you need a nail file? Want a magazine? I realize that you can’t REALLY do anything but have some expression on your face. LOOK PANICKED! Like do that thing where you pretend to run over to the fight but you have to hold back. Something. MOVE.

Photobucket

We have issues to work through.

And then there is Luka. Oh yeah my twin brother. Didn’t I tell you about that? Oh yeah, I don’t tell you about ANYTHING! But maybe the middle of a battle is the not the place to explain your deep dark secrets. However since Luze and Luka are twins it might have been important to tell Yuki that small detail. You know as Luza could have impersonated you at any time. We all know how prevalent evil twins are in animes/mangas so I think people need to be prepared.

Photobucket

Not necessary Reiga. -_-

Reiga was more than a jerk today. I don’t even think he was believing all the crap that came out of his mouth but it was cruel and uncalled for? Yuki causes darkness? The more awesome Yuki is the more crap will come his way? Oh okay you asshole. Because Yuki doesn’t already have problems with blaming every little thing on himself now we got to make up stuff. So yeah that was uncalled for.

Takashiro and his goodbye speech was a little useless. Mainly because he didn’t do anything. Like woohoo I am coming to do great darkness on your ass but I am not going to have a chance to do anything. More like him and Reiga just had an epic stare down while thinking about that random dead chick.

Photobucket

You probably died a virgin but you weren't getting any from these two guys.

See even all the chicks in this anime KNOW the boys are all gay. “Special world” indeed.

So after all the hype of a final battle and Takashiro himself thinking he is going to die Yuki randomly lights up like a Christmas tree and off the light beams go. Only NOW the light beam can kill Duras. New awesome rule people. The two Generals got away but the Twinless Twin died. No real lose there but why wasn’t Reiga at least a little hurt? He is part Duras so maybe he should have been on the floor looking a little hurt and sad.

Photobucket

Going towards the light is actually important now!

The dramatic moment of the episode was Luka reaching out for Yuki. Reiga and Takashiro decided to have a heart to heart. Hi, let’s look at these lovebirds isn’t this what you want Reiga? Yeah your life sucks. I am so sure that is what Reiga was searching for all his life, the love of his life finding love with someone else. Way to go Takashiro.

Photobucket

...Who needs kisses when we have HANDSHAKES?!

So…did Luka help Yuki not explode or something? It was all slow like and POOF it was over. We trust each other and might love each other but heaven forbid someone say the l-word. So that running towards Yuki the Christmas Tree was too special for words. Just yeah.

And then it was over people. Our final battle had a few drops of blood and some scratches. The only person who died was some lame Duras no one even cared about anyway and we thought he died a while back anyway. Everyone lives HURRAY! But it was more like everyone lives but nothing got resolved kinda fight which was really unsatisfying.

Photobucket

The ice cream of friendship.


Photobucket

The sword of passion.


Photobucket

The snacks of get the hell away from my sister before I cut your balls off.

So since not one damn thing was resolved with this fight we had to have some sort of closure. First off the Guardians were all breaking off into their not Guardian pairs to spend time together. Tsukumo finally realized that he has no yaoi pairing going on and that his nearest romantic interest is his sister. So he branched out and flirted with Shuusei. Sneaky move since Hotsuma was busy sleeping. But then Kuroto was like well Senshirou doesn’t spend enough time with me so I will make him jealous by play fighting with Hotsuma. And Senshirou and Toko were boring. Tsukumo probably should have approved more but maybe he is scared of Kuroto too.

Photobucket

Must not pass out from cute....

THEN THE CUTEST SCENE EVER HAPPENED! Shuusei and Hotsuma felt bad for the random flirting scenes and came together for one last scene. Shuusei gave up his Tsukumo ice cream which was cute. Then Hotsuma was finally able to see Shuusei’s scar in a more positive light. I kinda like how he spun it, that the scar is proof of how far Shuusei was willing to go to save him. A beautiful moment people. Then Shuusei decides to get playful in a mean way. Hotsuma takes the playing the wrong way and has a spaz attack.

Photobucket

Over here, dying from the most awesome scene ever!

Then he says the best line ever. I’LL TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY! See people in the anime/manga world that is code for I will marry you and take care of you for the rest of your life. Usually when someone steals a first kiss or something equally as traumatizing like that. So when he said that line I turned into a fangirling mess all over the floor. Because romantic people. Shuusei laughs and Hotsuma continues to spaz and in my fangirl crazy mind the melted ice cream represented something people. Something sexy.

And then the other random characters that no one cares about said things and did things and I didn’t care. Sorry necromancer in training. DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!

Photobucket

Um..maybe a hug is in order....

Yuki didn’t die folks. He just has more of a resolve to end this war. He doesn’t say HOW he is going to end it or what he is going to do…just that he is going to do it. Luka is slightly pissed that Yuki always has to suffer but generally supports his decision to be self sacrificing and such. Only if Luka is allowed to be beside him while the drama is happening.

Photobucket

There is a serious lack of touching here...

And at the very end of the episode Yuki and Luka go on a walk. No hand holding, no kisses, no confesses of love. I demand my yaoi and I demand it now. But Luka does try to make another contract with Yuki and Yuki makes it more into a promise, that he doesn’t want to own Luka. Which I guess is pretty romantic when you think about it. Yuki says some stuff about wanting everyone to be happy and such and TADA it is the end, with Yuki running towards everyone and Luka calming walking behind him.

Photobucket

Okay this is touching but I want more!

So that is it people. Pretty sure we are going to get a season two but it makes me sad that NOTHING got resolved. Reiga still has his bad guy tendencies because I think that conversation him and Takashiro meant nothing. Hotsuma and Shuusei are still lovely dovey while the other characters are more or less the same as they were 3 episodes ago. We have a new bad guy…and yeah that’s it. X_X

So season two you better step up your game. I want Yuki and girl Yuki to have a discussion. I want Luka to tell Yuki about his past life. I want clothes on the floor. Oh and maybe some serious battles. The only person who was down for the count was Tsukumo. But now Reiga is looking like a loser so that was lame. Real battles, real danger, and Yuki needs to man up.

Photobucket

Until next time....

How long do we have to wait for season two? I guess that will be a guessing game. But I do want to thank everyone who left comments and had discussions on these posts. It made me so happy that people liked what I was saying and that people were sharing the manga with other people. XD Thank you my loyal readers.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i admit, i couldnt wait to read your blog on this, they re always hilarious. As happy as i am for a season 2, after waiting every week all summer, that ending was just not fair LOL

- random passerby

Anonymous said...

I took Reiga's hurty-hurt comments abt the light creating darkness to mean that Yuki is so pure and good that he is guileless in his relationships and he can't see that he's leading everybody on (b/c he is! people) -- hence, people like Luka and Reiga get hurt.

(My word verification is "stall". how boring.)

Christina said...

Random Passerby- XD I agree the ending is not fair and that is coming from a fan who WANTS a season two. A very lazy ending indeed. At least SOMETHING should have been resolved.

Anonymous- That is really a good point. Yuki is always being fair and caring about everyone that everyone FEELS the same. Like oh okay, I thought maybe I was more important than that random dude you met a few minutes ago but apparently we are all the same. So that is pretty good insight.

But I am sure part of his speech was just his butt hurt showing. He got all dressed up in a new outfit for Yuki and he is all LUKAAAA.

Anonymous said...

I think Reiga's light casting shadows comment was literal as well as metaphorical. It's absolutely true that his pure love for everyone leads them to sacrifice for his sake and get hurt, and perhaps even to love him and be hurt as a result of the unrequited nature of it. But I think that Yuki's power has some kind of literal, negative consequence which has yet to be explained by the manga or the anime.

The manga has only dropped crumbs so far about Yuki and Luka's past. We know (1) Girl Yuki contracted Luka to fight for her side (2) Girl Yuki's power causes a detrimental physical consequences to her (3) These consequences lead to her death, and she asked Luka to kill her to release her from pain

And that's all we really know. Yuki can go into healer berserker-healer mode and absorbs all the pain around him, but the part of his power that will kill him hasn't been shown yet.

I do not think the series will get a second season for several reasons. This was simply not a popular series in Japan. Ratings were mediocre, as a result sales of DVDs will be poor. The manga has also crossed well past the midway point of the whole tale, with ends starting to be tied up in preparation for the final battle. It looks like the story will be concluding in the next 3-4 volumes, so there may not be enough material to justify a second season.

I will say the anime's treatment of Yuki and Luka, which lets face is it is the biggest reason most of us tuned in, is really sadly unfufilling. There needed to be more exploration of Luka's undying love for Yuki and what his response was to it.

In that sense, I have faith the manga will pull through. Their scenes in the manga from even volume 1 have been much more romantic and passionate, and Odagiri is a huge BL fan (almost everything she has ever done is BL), so I think one of the later volumes will fully explore the possibility of romance in this lifetime.

The final grade I would give the anime is a B overall (with a B- on the final episode)

Freak said...

The ending SUCKED and I wanted to kill everyone after watching that ending.

It was a complete sour trip and I wanted to go to a corner and cry.

REIGA!!! I feel sorry for him...for me, he's the only reason why I even tune in. I knew that the ending would be unsatisfying, but I watched it anyway. There's no way they can fit everything in one little episode that only lasts 24 minutes or something. It's simply impossible for anything awesome to happen. Plus the manga is only half-done.
There probably won't be a season 2 because from what I know, is that the anime wasn't so popular or maybe because it's new it didn't get much attention...yet.
I have to be blunt and I really didn't like any of the elements in the anime. They stalled too much on the crappy details.
I like the conflicting villain though, they managed to make me fall in love with him. >.< I'm just being biased, so I obviously want to see Reiga have his own happy ending with Yuki.
Takashiro can go stick to the butler.
Pity, that the LukaxYuki fangirls didn't get their kiss. But I'm happy that Yuki gave his hand of FRIENDSHIP!! to Luka.

Odagiri always stray away from yaoi-themes from what I know. It's always friends, friends, family for her. Oh, and really slow going romance...unless it's fit in one whole volume. I have TRFK laying around in my home. So it's no big surprise.

Every little thing shall remain in the fanfiction world~
FREAK OUT~
P.S. I love Kanata/Reiga 4evah [spams this] lol sorry about that XD

Anonymous said...

See, I wonder if there are different ratings expectation for shojo v/shonen anime, the way shonen manga sales explode and then bust while shojo manga have a longer, slower sales curve. Anyone know abt this?

Anonymous said...

Now my word verification is nogis. Most satisfying!

Y'know, I didn't like this ending for the reason everyone said. But I thought the weirdest thing was it was like Yuki's power didn't just heal everyone, it made them frisky for love. All the Zweilts that were exposed to Yuki's light halo and then *zoop zoop*, instant yaoi pairings. Apparently Reiga should have told Yuki his light causes darkness AND new yaoi pairings b/c that's what happened. Which was not cool btw imao b/c it seemed really silly. Yeah, i like Shuusei all on Hotsuma, but this is not was good finale. They should have just played "Don't stop Believin'" and then went black in the middle of one of those scenes. >:(

--(It's Kate)

Luna said...

I was SO DISAPPOINTED by the ending. I mean, Yuki just blew up and then POOF it was all over! No one died, no one even came anywhere NEAR death. And then when Yuki and Luka were taking a walk, they barely even touched each other! Would it kill Yuki to at least touch Luka's cheek or kiss him or something?!?! It's not like I'm asking for a striptease, I just want some type of kiss or confession. And Luka also needs to get it together and tell Yuki about the past. It's pretty obvious that Yuki loves him, so there's no point in him continuing to hold back!

The only thing that redeemed this episode for me was Shusei and Hotsuma's scene. OMG, when I watched that, I thought I was gonna die, it was so freakin' CUTE XD!!!! Especially when Hotsuma got all flustered and said, "I'll take full responsiblity" I was KYAAing and fangirling and just going nuts. I rewatched that scene at least 5 times :D

Anyway, I'll be waiting for season 2 and praying that something actually gets resolved in it. As usual, your blog was hilarious and I enjoyed reading it! (I especially loved this line "The snacks of get the hell away from my sister before I cut your balls off." hahaha XD)
I'll try to come back here to read your summaries of season 2! Bye!

Christina said...

Anonymous 1- That is so true about Yuki. While it is cute everyone loves Yuki it leads them to go above and beyond for him while Yuki spreads himself too thin for people he just meet. X_X

And answers to how girl Yuki died would be nice. Probably would make everyone's freaking out over Yuki make more sense anyway.

That is sad to hear that this show wasn't popular in Japan. The anime scene really panders to boys (with either moe characters or over the top fighting shows or show that take forever to explain like Bleach and One Piece) so it is sad to see a show that caters to women be treated this way. :( But I guess we all still have the manga to look forward to.

Freak- I think Reiga got the most unsatisfying ending of all. I mean the ending totally sucked and was opened ended and left me feeling WHAT WAS THE POINT?! But Yuki running to all his "friends" at the end made me sad. At least if Reiga was DEAD he could be done with hurting or being angry. But now he is stuck being hurt over Yuki.

Us fangirls got screwed so hard. But I like to think that melted ice cream REALLY represented something else. XD

Anonymous 2- I think a good example of shojo/shonen is the magazines that were out in America. Shonen Jump is still going on strong while Shojo Beat died a slow death. :( The market is weird because I know there are a lot of anime fans out there that are girls and do enjoy this genre.

Kate- Don't Stop Believing would have been awesome. Luka would go to touch Yuki and BAM the end. XD

But yes Yuki sparkled all over everyone and suddenly the walls around people collapsed. They could suddenly talk TO OTHER PEOPLE! Like oh there are people other than my sister in this world I AM SHOCKED! I was amused. XD But am still on team Hotsuma and Shuusei.

Luna- Luka is so busy acting like the tortured soul that doesn't deserve Yuki that he is turning into a person who really doesn't deserve Yuki! Like just say how you feel, holding back is hurting Yuki worse.

The Shuusei and Hotsuma scene was the best scene EVER! The battle was BLAH and everyone being friendly and happy and not dead was fine. But to see those two acting like that was amazing. A tiny tidbit for the yaoi fangirls who stayed loyal the entire series.

I am so glad you enjoyed my blog posts. They were fun to write and at times it's almost like the commentary wrote itself! There was so much "giving" with the random pairings I had to do something with that. XD So hopefully if we get a season two IT WON'T SUCK and it will be enjoyable to blog. XD

Christina said...

Everyone- XO I wrote out a super long comment to everyone and google ATE IT! Straight up ate something that took like 15 minutes to write. Eff you google!

But I am glad everyone liked my posts and hopefully if we get a season two it won't suck and we get a better ending that this.

And I am glad to see everyone agrees that Shuusei and Hotsuma were the saving grace of this episode and were truly the yaoi pairing in this series.

Heres to hoping that Luka and Yuki get more than a handshake of friendship next season. XD

Jan Suzukawa said...

Agree on the serious lack of touching at the end... and what was up with that final 15 minutes of slapstick comedy after the not-so-huge climactic battle scene...?

This series had so many head-scratching moments and (unintentionally) hilarious moments, I really don't know what to conclude about it. (But yeah, I do want the second season anyway. I'm a pushover, I guess. =D)

Christina said...

Jan- Everyone else got a "happy ending" but Yuki and Luka. The main couple in this series. Sad really. But we got a friendship handshake WOOHOO!!!!!

Lies. But at least Hotsuma and Shuusei were all sexy and stuff.

I think since we didn't get a satisfying ending it is natural to be confused on how to feel. All we can hope is that season two will have much more of a conclusion. Or any conclusion at all. X_X

Chemical said...

I am Jerry Will, Technician by profession working in Mercury Chemical Consultant Group Indian Branch. We manufacture and sell all materials used in treating and cleaning of any type of defaced currency, pounds, cfa france, euros dollars and other currencies. We offer machines to do the big cleanings and we do delivery of products to buyer’s destinations. Contact if required! Mobile:+919582948275/techjerry007@gmail.com