Tuesday, September 21, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 24: Happy Graduation!

Dude my blogging marathon is not going as planned. XD Way too caught up looking at people AWA 2010 convention pictures and comments. I fail. :(

Photobucket

Say it ain't so!!!

But slowly I will catch up. Next on my list is K-On!! and their graduation of sadness. It looks like it isn’t the LAST episode but sadness still people. Prepare for tears.

And we get a song people! WOOHOO for surprises!



Photobucket

Aw Yui is so...special...

Episode Summary: Mugi, Ritsu, and Mio all meet up before school. It was Yui’s idea to walk to school together and now she is late. She texts the girls to leave without her but of course she stays. Yui is all tears and hugs when she finally arrives. Then the girls have to RUN to make it to school. Sawako starts class and is told the entire Light Music Club is late. Azusa’s class gets flowers to hand out to the seniors and Azusa is all touched. As the juniors start walking outside Azusa sees the girls run upstairs super late. Azusa is so caught up in watching the girls she runs into a wall and requires emergency surgery. Or a band aid. The girls are yelled at by Sawako and Yui needs emergency surgery to fix her tights. Luckily Ui was prepared for this situation. Ritsu is given a paper that all the girls are signing to give to Sawako. Yui and Nodoka run up late to the flower giving ceremony thing but they get their flowers. Azusa watches as the girls talk all excited, like she wants to be a part of it all. Ritsu gives Yui the paper to decide and then it is all drama on where they are going to keep it during the ceremony.

Photobucket

Pay no attention to us silly people!!! XD

Sawako notices Yui acting all weird and thinks something is up and all the girls panic over this paper Yui is hiding in her shirt. No one was paying attention to the ceremony anyway. Afterwords Yui writes on the paper and Sawako almost catches them. They run back to their room where Sawako gives them their diplomas and it is all sad and bittersweet. Yui presents the paper plaque to Sawako and it is all sadness and happiness. Jun runs off to see the jazz club. Azusa and Ui talk about how sad they are over this day but shall put on brave faces. Back in the senior room random girls want their pics taken with the Light Music Club and wish them best in the future. Yui promises to catch up with Nodoka later as she runs to the club room. They have tea for the last time as Azusa hands out thank you letters to the girls. But Azusa breaks down and cries, begging the girls not to go. Yui calms down Azusa with a picture and flower. She tells her it is going to be okay and that they have a song for her. The song is about how Azusa is their angel and all the fun times they spent together. Azusa cries as she listens to the beautiful song. Sawako and Nodoka come in at the end of the song and the girls play one last tune for their biggest fans. THE END!

BAWWW people. Just tears all over the place.

Photobucket

We will always wait for you Yui!

I thought the girls wanting to walk to school together was cute. I know they really didn’t walk together all that much the whole three years they did go to school but the fact that they are making sure to experience it at least once now made me smile. I am not sure if Yui was crying because she was sad she was late or she was crying because she was happy the girls waited for her. But it was all BAWWW! Also Ritsu is a speed texter there!

Photobucket

I really loved this scene. Glad that Nodoka hasn't been left in Yui's mind.

XO Our poor girls were late to the last day of class. I know the Light Music Club gets a bad rap for no reason sometimes but I am sure this incident didn’t help. RUN YUI RUN! Also it was kinda cute with the four older girls running by Azusa and Azusa thinking…special to the very last second.

Photobucket

I wants a flower!!!!

If the flower giving ceremony is a Japanese tradition I think it is super cute. I was thinking well why don’t the underclassmen get to pick who their flowers go to but then I realized that there would also be some unpopular senior that wouldn’t get any. So I guess it is better that way. But I know it would have been cuter is Ui gave Yui her flower.

Ripped tights and banged heads XO Our girls are so clumsy yes? And after Yui spent all that time getting her outfit ready for graduation. Tights look good on anime characters but on real life people they are just a pain. But since they have to wear skirts as uniforms I see why they are necessary. And Azusa had a Tenchi moment, I love walking into walls.

Photobucket

But then she said their song sucks so...you know XD

I did feel bad for Azusa when she was watching the senior girls get their flowers. She wanted to go talk to them but she realized it was their moment and really she couldn’t be a part of it. Sad to watch but then her friends gathered around her, reminding her that they are there for her. BAWW!

Photobucket

I see all!

The whole Yui hiding that plaque thing was…special. They tend to have unnecessary drama when it comes to small issues like this. Yui could have put the plaque under her seat or in front of her. But no everything has to be drama and Sawako is a drama hunter. Such goober people. XO Couldn’t even focus on graduating because everyone was playing a weird game of telephone.

Photobucket

Stop making me miss high school!

I liked how Sawako got emotional during her Ya’ll have graduated speech. I mean it was a sad time for her too. I had a teacher in high school who boo hooed her eyes out when we left. I think our class was a special case as most of us had been in that school system for 6 years straight (weird situation XD). But yeah she cried and when Sawako was having her moment I felt bad for her too. Your first class and your last class are always going to be special. Add in the fact that she was an adviser to 4 of the girls in the class and I am sure Sawako felt like she was losing friends. BAWWWW!

Photobucket

We have each other!!!

I am glad that Ui told Azusa how she was feeling. It has been Azusa being moping all this time so it probably made her feel better that Ui felt sad too. You would think that Azusa being left behind in an empty club would make Azusa the saddest person ever. But Ui has known Yui a whole lot longer and Ui has a huge sister complex so I am sure there is sadness in her heart too. Time for a crying club.

Photobucket

We are super stars!!

I thought that all the girls taking pictures with the Light Music Club was special. I guess they do have a following despite no one else wanting to join the club (which would be difficult given how tight knit these girls are). They are probably viewed as the weird girls or something. But I like how that one girl was like please stay together no matter what! Everyone recognizes that they have some special.

Photobucket

I want to know what they said!!

I guess our girls didn’t have enough tea yesterday. XD Such silly girls. But it was a good time for Azusa to give the letters to the senior girls. I found the letters really odd but that is probably more with the whole junior/senior dynamic in Japan. So instead of judging I will just go AWWWWW. The girls all looked touched and Azusa didn’t appear to be too embarrassed. So it was a nice moment.

Photobucket

Poor little Azusa!

And then Azusa lost it. I commend that she was trying to put on a brave face for seniors but I am glad she let her true emotions through. Maybe it wasn’t the right time and place but it was necessary. Azusa was so cute with her I won’t pick on you anymore if you promise to stay. Azusa needs a hug.

Photobucket

Must not melt from the cuteness!!!

And Yui was so great at trying to piece Azusa back together. I love that Yui kept that flower all those years (or was it year I can’t remember) and gave it to Azusa. The picture was a bit special as I am sure there were other pictures with ALL the girls in it but you know. Yui is special. I am sure Azusa felt very loved at that moment and that is all that matters.

Photobucket

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

AND THEN WE GOT A SONG! XO A surprising song for Azusa. And personally I liked this song best out of any song they sang during the season (s). I mean it wasn’t a food song or a song that didn’t make sense. The lyrics went together and were very specific and had a nice rhythm going on. Oh and Mugi sang too which probably made me happy. I love that Azusa got emotional during the song but kept smiling. It was a beautiful and awesome moment and summed up the series so well.

Photobucket

Don't leave us!!!!

After the song was over (well and during) there are other girls around campus and crying about leaving school. All so very true. Sawako and Nodoka come up to the club room to here one last concert by the Light Music Club. And it’s game over folks. No more K-On!! :(

Well it looks like we got 2 more episodes but the heart of the show is over. There were boring moments and there were high moments. We had the girls going on trips and fun adventures and we had the girls earning extra money by watching traffic. There was a lot of tea and a lot of crazy antics. But overall this show was about friendship and how 5 different girls came together to write weird songs and spend their high school experience together. And I enjoyed the ride.

I don’t know if Azusa will get any more club members but even if she did it wouldn’t be the same. Hopefully she can hold out until she can join the girls at college. But I hope that she finds a way to be happy while still at high school and that the girls come and visit her.

It sounds weird to be saying goodbye to this show when there are a few episodes left but for me it feels over. I really enjoyed this show and I love Mugi to death. I hope everyone enjoyed this series as much as I did. It reminded me of my high school days and the random times we had during them. I hope that K-On!! did the same for you. Thanks for reading!!!

3 comments:

Christina said...

XO Where did the comment go? An Anonymous comment said that K-On!! inspires young girls. I tend to agree, especially with the knowledge that more guitars are being sold in Japan in the past few years. It might be fluffy moe but if it gets more kids interested in art and music I am all for it. Sorta like how the Harry Potter books got more kids interested in reading.

Christina said...

I am not sure where all the comments are going on this blog :( I am not deleting anything so it is on Bloggers side.

Anonymous wrote: You're right! K-On!! is special.

My reply- Yes K-On! is special. Some of the characters (Yui) are REALLY special. XD But any show that can rack in that much money that isn't One Piece must be special. Hope everyone involved in the process is rollin in dough. XD

Unknown said...

I loved K-ON! The last episode gave me chills, just like Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star. And I felt a little weird after finishing this anime. I loved the OVAs(?)!!
K-ON! is a lovely anime and doesn't get old. :D