Wednesday, September 1, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 22: Countdown to the end!


Photobucket

Zombies? On K-On!!? XO

So today I have decided. I am done being mad at having to stay late at work and watching people who got in after I did go home before I do. No more getting mad at delivery orders at X:59 o clock. And do you know why? Because…I need money. Because as of right now all the money I make from now until…December 2011 is spoken for. Weddings, trips to Japan and Otakon…I NEED THE CASH. So I am your girl work! Clock me in that extra hour because I needs to money. I shall try to keep my rage about the crappy customers and special working conditions because of the cash. So…NO MORE ANGER!

This will last about a month tops if I was a betting man.

So to keep me company in my yearlong effort to save money (which will also fail spectacularly as I had to buy a Hello Kitty plushie yesterday at Target) is my good friend anime. I just hope there are enough awesome shows like K-ON!! to make me smile. Just like Azusa I too am sad things are ending soon. But before we sign off forever (or until they squeeze out a season three?!) it is time to enjoy what is left of the show.

Beware of no Christmas cake!



Photobucket

Unattended packages will be destroyed!

Episode Summary: Azusa and Jun are studying the math of chocolate. Valentine’s Day is coming up and they want to make chocolates for their upper classmates. Azusa wanted to make chocolates last year but Mugi upstaged her with some awesome chocolates from some place rich. So Azusa WILL make chocolates this year or die trying. Also this is a secret because no one would expect chocolates on Valentine’s Day. In the club room the older girls are studying and Azusa is holding her guitar. Yui and Ritsu are acting like failures putting all their hopes on a lucky pencil and Mio tells them no you fail. Azusa tries to play some back ground music but Yui and Ritsu fail more so it is time for tea. Azusa is a little thrilled that OH HI Mugi doesn’t have time for chocolates this year so that means Azusa can swoop in and steal the show. She shares her excitement with Ui and Jun and her classmates start cat calling yuri or something.

Photobucket

This picture is cute and random so...yeah.

The older girls meet up at the train station to go take their exams and nerves are affecting them big time. But that’s okay because they have each other. Azusa and Jun run into each other shopping at the store for chocolate making ingredients (because the Japanese feel the need to MAKE the chocolates and not buy a huge premade box). Jun gives Azusa super bad advice but Ui shows up to save the day and offers to help them cook. While they are making chocolate Yui shows up and Azusa freaks out. Ui explains that Yui is so special she won’t even notice what they are doing. Ui and Azusa have to run to the store and get another ingredient while Jun guards the spoon. On the way Ui shows Azusa where she prays every day for Yui and all her friends to get into the school of their choice.

Photobucket

Just give them the chocolate cake!!

So the chocolates are finally made. But Azusa and Jun think of horrible situations that could occur if Azusa gave them to the girls. Then Azusa sees a Mio fangirl giving chocolates and she chickens out. She waits until after school but she sees Sawako talking to the girls about their results and crap. Azusa really freaks out because it finally dawns on her the girls are actually leaving soon. After some courage from Jun and Ui Azusa goes t o the club room where the girls are waiting for her cake. It is a huge hit and Azusa pretends not to care. It starts to snow and all the girls crowd by the window to be silly and cute but really the girls know that these times are going to end soon. Azusa continues to pray for the girls and the moment of the big reveal arrives. Mio is all dramatic and is like we’ll be friends no matter what! But Ui and Azusa start crying during class because they got a text saying that all the girls got into the same college. HAPPY TIMEES! THE END!!!

Photobucket

Such a happy and cute Azusa!

XO I wasn’t kidding about the Christmas cake people. We went from spending 54787 episodes leading up to the festival to skipping several months. I am not sure how many months because I don’t know when their festival was….but Valentine’s Day is in February so at least two people. XO So no Christmas crazy times and no New Year’s Eve party. I guess the excuse was the girls were studying too hard…but I feel as if there was still one good Christmas episode left in this series. Empty is my heart.

Photobucket

More crazy times please!

However…I have seen enough college entrance exam anime episodes to know these 4 girls were slacking!!! See I have extensive knowledge because I watch anime people, I know how these exams roll. And there was not enough crying or freaking out or the crazy neat headband thingys. XO The focus was on Azusa and her chocolate and not the older girls AND THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!

Photobucket

KEEP IT A SECRET!!!

The Azusa drama was…special. I guess it is hard to work up excitement over friendship chocolate. Going to an all girl’s school has really cut down on the romance right? But I guess that is what the creators wanted (NO SAUSAGE PARTY) but I am not seeing the yuri stuff. Maybe because my yaoi colored glasses get in the way of all else. So yeah..no t understanding the drama of Azusa giving chocolates to her upper classmen or why it was embarrassing. Do not get people.

Photobucket

Um no Jun. Just no.

My girl Jun was fail though. I can’t cook to save my life (woohoo chicken nuggets and mac/cheese for life) and I knew what she was doing was pretty scary. It is one thing to leave out walnuts because EW who ruins brownies with walnuts?! But it is another thing to use brown sugar because haha chocolate is brown.

Photobucket

I love how she looks so cute but inside she is thinking...so very stupid...

However…Ui was amazing. She showed me today what a truly awesome friend she is and that people totally take advantage of her. I mean we already knew that Yui takes her sister for granted but now I have seen the light. Ui is amazing. Or a nicer person than I. Not that I am an evil villain who cackles over broken dreams and empty promises but I would have told them UM are you TRYING to kill someone with your cake of death? But not Ui. She gently smiled and thought to herself….yeah they are idiots. But she offered to help make the chocolates with them and spun it to make it sound like LET’S SPEND TIME TOGETHER kinda deal. Because Ui is amazing. Sadly no one like Ui exists in real life. :( Or maybe they do and I don’t know because I have brothers.

Photobucket

Azusa needs a hug. :(

But despite the fact that all the Azusa drama was boring when she couldn’t give the girls the chocolate (again…and again) and she ran away…I felt bad for her. It stopped being dumb and her being shy and turned into a sad moment for Azusa. It’s February. She is holding Valentine’s chocolate. That means in a few short weeks the girls will be gone from the Light Music Club forever. She has known for a while that the girls were leaving but it finally hit home and it was a sad moment.

Photobucket

Azusa definitely needs to pray for a miracle for the club.

Not only is Azusa losing her friends but she is probably losing the club too. I mean I am not sure how many freshmen want to join a club with ONE member. Especially when that one member is going to be a senior and leave. So even if Azusa gets new club members she won’t really be connected to them as she will be the one leaving soon and the gap between them will be pretty wide. So yeah Azusa deserved a good cry.

Photobucket

Azusa always has to pretend to be big and tough instead of saying thank you and blushing.

But instead of having a long pity party Azusa sucked it up and gave the girls her chocolate cake (which looked delicious by the way). She is feeling sad and down about her life but wanted to share in the moment with the girls and give them a special treat. She didn’t want to bring the girls down from the exciting/nervous time in their lives. So…that makes Azusa a good person too. Points for Azusa. And now I want cake.

Photobucket

Keeping in the smarts.

I loved the girls studying and losing their minds. I loved the girls going to the train station together and…still losing their minds. And I loved the girls going to check out the exam results and losing their minds. XD I think we all knew they were getting in so it was fun to watch them sweat it out and be silly.

Photobucket

:( So bitter sweet.

The snow scene was cute. I mean yeah them freaking out over SNOW was a bit special but how they looked while they looked at the snow was cute. They freaked out over the girl nearly falling. They were being goobers talking about warmth and crap. They were sharing in a special just being together moment and they know they don’t have many of those moments left. So yeah…really enjoyed all that specialness.

Photobucket

Are they praying for a third season?

XO But what is going to happen now? There are 4 episodes left and next week it looks like the goodbye to school episode? This is me being confused. I guess I have to wait until next week to see what will be up with the K-On!! girls but the end is near people and that makes me sad. :( Sad blogger is sad. Until she finds the Mugi nendoroids she wants.

Photobucket

We did it!! XD


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

K-ON SUCK!

Christina said...

Anonymous- You forgot the !! in K-On silly goose.

blindability said...

I love K-On as much as the next person, but I don't think there's going to be a third season. I mean... what would it be about? As for getting our Mugi fixes, we'll have to rewatch the first and second seasons; and let's not forget fanart, of course. It'll be a sad, sad day when K-On ends.

Unknown said...

Hmm...a third season does look possible. We have yet to see the remaining 4 episodes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped airing for a couple of years then spring it on us. I mean, considering the cult following it has, no matter what it shows it will be successful.

On another matter, I have just been looking through your anime list, and I have noticed two must watch anime which aren't there =O They are Ah! My Goddess! series and the Aria series. You've watched the Ah! movie and OVA, so the series is a must watch. Try them =]

Christina said...

blindability- You are probably very right. Also it is better to leave people wanting more than making them regret you kept moving forward. Plus it really won't be the same with Azusa stuck in high school and they won't have the freedom they have now. :( So I think I must accept the inevitable and focus my love on the Mugi nendoroid that I am hunting down at AWA.

Samuel- It would make sad if K-On!! turned into the next Haruhi, everyone pissed off and upset. NEVER AGAIN THE ENDLESS EIGHT TIMES!

As for those two animes I am a slacker through and through. I don't know why I skipped the actual series of AH My Goddess but really I have no excuse for Aria. That is really up my alley. XD Maybe Spring 2011 anime season will really suck so I don't get behind when I travel to Japan and I can then watch older shows without getting behind on newer series. XD Slacker Tenchi.