Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kuroshitsuji II episode 9


Photobucket

I've been bamboozled!!!

Sometimes I think I hate myself. I really do. I mean after I watch one show that leaves my mind in tiny pieces bouncing around my skull I decide that it is a perfect time to watch another show that takes the tiny pieces and throws them out to sea. Note to all: watching Eden of the East movie II and Kuroshitsuji back to back is not good for your sanity.

To bounce back from this brain crushing day I sought the help of Code Red and cupcakes. Easy girl to please that I am. So here is my attempt to blog this crazy episode which goes along with a crazy season.

Spoilers for people who really like Ciel and feel funny about how they feel about Sebastian.



Photobucket

Behold my life sucks.

Episode Summary: Claude shows the rest of the staff the ring that now has Alois’s soul in it. He asks the crew what they think is going to happen next and the Awesome Butlers draw pictures. Hanna says the right answer which seems boring to most but it causes Claude to break into song and dance. At his estate Ciel is all pouting because he didn’t finish the job with Alois and he needs stabbing lessons. He demands that Sebastian sing him a lullaby but Sebastian is like um how about a letter from the nonexistent Queen instead? The Queen is concerned about young boys having their eyes poked out and wants Ciel to investigate. During the carriage ride Ciel starts thinking back to what Alois said about Sebastian lying and wondering what that was about. One of the eyeball victims says that a young noble boy poked out his eyes and Sebastian is like OH it must be Alois. Ciel has doubts as the pattern of attacks makes a spider web thus it would be Claude. But it is concluded that Alois is still alive and pulling the strings so that is all that matters.

Photobucket

So being lame is a requirement in this organization.....

Ciel asks Sebastian if he is lying about Alois so Sebastian tip toes around the situation. Sensing danger Sebastian shoves Ciel in a box and runs off. Two Shinigami arrive to attack Sebastian because they are blaming him for the Alois soul disaster. Not sure why but we shall go with it. Ciel starts getting pissed about the lying and bossing around issues and leaves the safety of his box. He thinks he sees Alois and takes off after him. Only the police catch up with him and are like DUDE you are Alois. Hanna comes up and explains her master’s eye poking ways and asks them to be gentle with him. Sebastian manages to escape the Shinigami because glasses are SUPER SERIOUS BUSINESS but then he has to deal with Hanna and her random boob flashing self. Sebastian is confused why Hanna is even following Claude but whatever.

Photobucket

Someone was about 5 minutes too late....

Elsewhere the policia are trying to get info from Ciel. Their method of chose is dunking him in water and trying to drown him. Ciel tries to hold on to his personality but then the head cop dude morphs into Claude and he puts the Alois ring on him. He then starts changing Ciel’s memories of what happened to his family and who he wants revenge against. Despite his efforts Ciel gets all confused and thinks he is Alois and that Sebastian killed his family. Sebastian picks that moment to come in for a late rescue and is horrified that Ciel is all….well crazy. He orders Sebastian to never see him again and Sebastian leaves all devastated and stuff. Claude takes his new master home to a lovely house suited for him (thus Hanna’s comment earlier) and he generally looks like a giant perv. Sebastian seems to be out of it muttering about dinner but then gets all demon glowly and vows to get Ciel back. THE END!

Photobucket

And then Sebastian lost his mind.

Well now. Wasn’t expecting any of that to happen. But since I wasn’t expecting anything can I really say that? But if I were going to guess none of this would be on the top of my list. So yeah I was surprised.

Photobucket

This is all that is left of Alois now. :(

Alois is really super dead. Not sure what Hanna was doing last time with her eye ball poking thing but it doesn’t matter. Or maybe it doesn’t matter yet. Unless Hanna pulls Alois out in the last episode in a HAHAHAHA manner Alois is super dead. And no one cares enough to mourn this little psychopath. Let us have a moment of silence for the dead little psychopath. Sure he did crazy things but he was a product of his environment and he was dealt a really crappy hand. Even his demon butler turned on him in the end.

Photobucket

This is what I do after I let people die, knit.

Speaking of demon butlers….Claude is a jerk. Alois is dead and he is knitting some kind of bridal veil for Ciel. Really it is super creepy. Also this makes Claude a home wrecker. He done stole someone else’s man. So now there are two reasons to hate Claude. He didn’t uphold his connection to Alois and he is a relationship ruiner. Get in line behind Angelina Jolie Claude. Do it now!

Photobucket

Um why didn't you scream that you were Ciel?

I am not sure why Claude went with this plan to brainwash and kidnap Ciel. He probably could have done it without the eyeball poking out. And without the police involvement. But I guess he was the police the entire time so I need to pay more attention. And I guess he needed to go out and get some victims to draw Ciel out. OKAY I UNDERSTAND NOW!!! Moving on.

Photobucket

It's a good thing they deal with dead people.

Can I be confused about why all the Shinigami are after Sebastian? Clearly he was on a case with Ciel and Will (his name is Will right?) knows Ciel. So what is with all the attacking when Grell knows what is going on? All seems too flimsy to get Sebastian away from Ciel. I would have liked a more solid approach to getting Sebastian separated from Ciel. Just bleh.

Photobucket

I see a few people who need a good stabbing...

Holy crap people. As if Ciel hasn’t been tortured enough! Couldn’t Claude just drugged the poor boy into a crazy stupor and convinced him he was Alois? No no, on top of having his parents killed, rapped, and left to die by the hands of a crazy cult group now Ciel was nearly drowned as assholes laughed on. Alois had a pretty crappy life but Ciel is still alive thus more sucks keep coming to him.

Photobucket

So I predict next that Ciel will be sucked up in a tornado...

I do not blame Ciel for forgetting about Sebastian and his own identity. He is a 12 year old kid who has suffered all of the above. And now he is thinking that the only person on his side is betraying him. He paid his demon butler with his soul so you would think he would be entitled to the truth. But no his life sucks so yeah I can see him become confused and wanting to forget about his past….and obtaining a worse one? Okay everything just sucks for Ciel.

Photobucket

No..you are my little master...

The look on Sebastian’s face….I almost felt so bad for him. Like sometimes in my head I pretend that Sebastian really cares for Ciel and that is why he does the other the top protecting stuff. Then I remember yeah he only wants to eat his soul so who cares if Claude or Sebastian ends up with Ciel right? So yeah Sebastian looked absolutely devastated. Part of it was probably from being out smarted but now he loses his tasty soul that is Ciel. If Ciel wasn’t 12 I would want someone to write a sappy fanfiction about Sebastian losing his love.

Photobucket

How dare you outsmart me!!!!

But I guess I do feel bad on some level for Sebastian. Even if he doesn’t care about Ciel he did put a lot of work into making that soul all angst and pure. Stealing someone else’s work is never fair.

Photobucket

Do all demon butlers have to act like pedos?

Claude bringing Ciel home was creepy and weird. I mean I don’t expect it to last long as Ciel now has two pasts and a Sebastian lie to remember and mess with his mind. But just the fact that Claude is acting so smug about the situation is enough to make me want to run him over with my car.

Photobucket

At least he was on the right track..

Poor Ciel. His revenge is dead, his new revenge is dead, and his super new revenge is the demon butler who probably deserves what is coming to him. So basically poor Ciel. Next week looks like Sebastian isn’t taking the Ciel kidnapping lightly so yeah…time for more brain destruction!

Photobucket

Why didn't you listen to me?!?!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thx for the summary. Good stuff! I actually liked this episode b/c it made more sense than usual this season and had a beginning, middle and end and no creepy pedo-uncle. Yr screen grabs are great.

Here's my random opinions:

The Awesome Butlers, not such awesome artists. LOL at the bad kiddie art!

Ronald sucks. He’s twee and there is no point to him.

Someone should tell Ciel, friends don't put friends in boxes. Sebastian is not yr friend Ciel.

So that wasn’t a police station they took Ciel to, that’s a sanitarium. B/c everyone thinks Ciel is Alois and that he’s crazy. The dunking chair is to make him sane. So that worked well. And Claude got to dress like a doctor and play with his glasses for no apparent meaning.

I think that b/c Claude is a spider butler demon he needs to have as many random people involved in his plan as possible b/c that’s how spider butler demons do things. That makes sense.

This episode made me like Claude more b/c anyone who can attract that many canaries to his macramé must be an okay guy. Except the bubble bath deal at the end there. That was creepy.


--Kuroshitsuji-watching Kate

Christina said...

Kate- Claude playing with his glasses was so weird. I attempted to screen grab those but really you would need 10 pictures for it to make sense. I think it would have been more effective had he been smirking the entire time but meh.

XO The art was awesome! If they had fridges it would go front and center on it!

That should be a shirt slogan. "Friends don't put friends in boxes" XD