Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Harajuku Lovers Zoo Animals Candy Bag: Because one can never have too many bags!

Or can they? I guess since I am not one for shoes and fancy food/clothes don't impress me bags are the way to go. I am going to conveniently forget my expensive figurine and manga habit as that would disprove me point.

Photobucket

Who needs an iPhone anyway?!

But yes people. I now own three Harajuku Lovers totes. Because I am a greedy girl who needs to have more bags than actual stuff to carry around. But that's okay. Because I am going to classify this bag as luggage. And an adult needs luggage to get around in the world right? And look it doesn't have Hello Kitty on it like my mother fears I will one day own. So yes. Luggage people.

Post will be pretty image heavy. Unlike my poor wallet. See how well my money saving idea went? GO ME!


Photobucket

Let's start with the small details. This tote is actually more of a tote and a purse combined to make a luggage piece. At least that is what I think. Because I am a great at explaining things.


Photobucket

The second of the two front pockets. Not sure what I am going to put in there. Maybe spare batteries or something small to find. That way I am not digging around the entire purse looking for things.


Photobucket

Here is the free key chain on the side. I rather have the metal looking one but at least it is different than the one I already have right?


Photobucket

BEHOLD THE PRICE TAG!!! :( I really need to work on my impulse buying. I actually wanted to buy another bag but in purse size. So somehow I managed to walk away with one twice as big and twice the price. HOWEVER!!!! look how much I saved! Ross is so wonderful! Of course...my husband is all like well if you didn't buy it at all you would have all your money...


Photobucket

Quite spacious inside! There is also another opening on the bag so I can separate stuffs.


Photobucket

The zipper charms are so cute. I love the little details all over the bag.


Photobucket

This is how big the luggage strap is. See, luggage! A necessary purchase. The strap is pretty heavy, the metal is thick.


Photobucket

Here is the bag sans luggage strap. So it CAN double as a purse...a rather large tote purse. I am sure I will try it at least once. But it is kinda big. :( I wish to show it off and I can't do that if I only use it as luggage.


Photobucket

This is the back side of the tote. You can see more of the pattern this way as well as where the side pocket is. Zoo animals are too cute for words!


Photobucket

The only thing I wish the tote had more of was giraffes. I LOVE giraffes. But the way the bag was cut there aren't too many showing. This one is on the bottom. Thems the breaks when you buy at a discount store. I was lucky enough to see this print once at Ross who knows if they will have it again. So while I love this tote I wish there were more giraffes.


Photobucket

So that is my new luggage/tote/purse thing. Truly a necessary purchase yes? Okay probably not. But it made me happy. Put a dent in my AWA budget but....I think it was worth it. I need to get my stuff to AWA somehow right? XD So now...NO MORE PURSES! I have enough. Except if it is tiny every day purse. Err...yeah. XD Thanks for indulging in my greediness. Now I must got eat ramen noodles for a month.




6 comments:

Jamie said...

I love it even more seeing all the details!!!!

Christina said...

Jamie- It is so super cute. I am sure the people at Ross thought I was on crack when I ran up to it halfway across the store. TOO CUTE!

I has an addiction I think....

Anonymous said...

Super kawaii! Thx for sharing! And at Ross -- I AM jealous, I can never find anything cool there >:(

Also Christina, have you seen the new Harajuku Lovers fragrance bottles for fall -- they're dressed, I kid you not, in Sweet Lolita, Gothic Lolita, Visual Kei, "Kawaii" and Omotesandō Girl styles!!!!!!!! Also, Lolita-style Love's fragrance is by Marcel Roucel who is if anyone cares a BIG name perfumer actually (perfume's MY secret hobby), so maybe they won't be sucky perfumes either.

Signed, yr fan Kate, posting too much l8ly

Christina said...

Kate- XD It is too cute for words! I am pretty sure I scared the sales people with my happiness.

Ross can be pretty hit and miss sometimes. Like I have only seen one pair of HL shoes before and they were a size 6. :( My only suggestion is check often and check every rack as the purses are often behind other ones. So months they get a bunch of new purses in and some months nothing. :(

I have seen the new scents and I really like the Baby one. So hopefully I will add her to my collection one day. XD

Anonymous said...

love your awesome blog...most of all your cute bag...I worked @ Ross but sad to say I didn't see a cute design like yours...sooo jealous :(...kudos to you for being a great blogger and wise shopper w/ impeccable taste. ;)

Christina said...

Anonymous- I have noticed that sometimes they will have no Harajuku Lovers purses at all (usually when I have money) and then BAM they will have 6 different prints (when I am flat broke). So it really is hit or miss for what TYPE of bags they get. I have not seen the Zoo Animal style since I bought it (in any form) which is sad since my friend wants it too. I go to Ross at least once a week just in case something awesome comes in. I am still in search of the Cupid purse!