Thursday, September 9, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 23

K-On!! Where were you yesterday! I do not have too many Wednesdays left with you and you don’t arrive until Thursday? For shame. FOR SHAME! How dare you subbers have lives. I will just sit here and enjoy my new luggage okay!

Photobucket

Such forgotten and old women!

But at least I have my K-On subbed right? It’s not like back in the day when we all had to go 15 miles in the snow to buy our dreadfully out of date anime at 30 dollars a pop. Never again the VHS times.

So spoilers for the last moments of high school life for most of our K-On!! girls. No tears were had but I sense there might be soon.



Photobucket

I can't even remember the last time I ironed...

Episode Summary: Yui is watching TV and trying to iron her uniform for graduation at the same time. Only it doesn’t work because Yui is really engrossed in the show. She gets a phone call from Ritsu and off she goes. To school despite tomorrow being graduation. Azusa is all X_X but has to get to class. Yui meets up with the other girls in the club room to have tea. Yui and Mugi try to have a pocky eating contest but Yui is out in the first bite. The girls get very bored very fast so Yui tries to create a game which fails. Yui and Ritsu are like um we need to clean our desks out still. Mugi get all WOOHOO about the thought of being given Yui and Ritsu’s old notes. They run into Nodoka who is on her way to see Sawako about a graduation speech. The girls decide to stalk Nodoka to the student council room. They walk around and talk about how grown up Nodoka is. Then they spot a yearbook left by the student council members and that Nodoka will be remembered in this school forever. The girls leave Nodoka alone and she looks around the room for the last time, taking in the moment. The girls stalk Azusa (and Jun) because they want bread and apparently it would be too weird for them to buy it themselves.

Photobucket

Well...the last 5 times anyway...

Azusa manages to score the girls the legendary choco bread which none of the older girls had before. Much love was given to the awesome bread. After eating and drinking more tea the girls are still bored so they decide to do things they have never done before. Like Mio feeding the turtle. Very amazing stuff. Mugi’s is using some magic cleaning clothe and while that IS special it inspires the girls to clean the whole club room so yay. After cleaning the girls decide to play music when Azusa arrives. Yui freaks out because they are not leaving behind a legacy and they need to think of something NOW. After some fail ideas the girls are like I KNOW! Azusa arrives at the room and the girls inform her that they are going to record all their songs (on the little cassette we have seen for the whole two seasons) so people will know about them. Azusa is touched. Then the girls need MORE TEA to put the songs in proper order. Mugi tapes the girls talking and Mio and Azusa freak out. After tea and song arrangement recording starts. Sorta. After a few missteps and Sawako arriving the girls record their songs….off screen. The girls happily look over the tape and decide to listen to it…off screen. THE END!

Photobucket

DO SOMETHING!

For the most part this episode was kinda low key and borderline boring. But that’s okay. I have come to accept the Lucky Star type feel of this show. Most of the time anyway.

Photobucket

Well plan something special!

But why the heck did Ritsu call the girls to the school if she had nothing planned? I mean they don’t have a lot of time left to sit around and do nothing. If they wanted to spend this time to their fullest they needed to go out and DO SOMETHING! They drank tea all two seasons! I get having one last tea time but not 5! Go out in the school and remember the times when Yui tripped over that spot or where Mio embarrassed herself on stage with her panties show.

Photobucket

I have kept notes from high school Mugi. You aren't that silly.

So a lot of the show was devoted to a lot of downtime and what do we do now. Which I get. Not every moment of your life is amazing and wonderful. But second to last day of school should have been filled with picture taking opportunities or shenanigans. Or at least make the boring moments more interesting. Yui and her game thing was weird and stupid.

Photobucket

Mugi is more interesting that cleaning.

X_X Mio has never feed Mr. Turtle? Mugi has been waiting forever to use a special sponge? My girls are crazy to the end. But I do think it was a nice thing for them to do, to clean the club room before leaving. I actually thought that was required but…I guess they were enjoying cleaning so it was a positive experience? And maybe while cleaning they had those REMEMBER WHEN MOMENTS?! So that is nice.

Photobucket

MAGIC BREAD OF LOVE!

The chocolate bread thing was nice too. XO How have the girls gone so long without eating the fabled bread? Truly the bread gods have smiled upon them this day. I am glad Azusa went along with their joy as to not ruin the moment. I just think it is funny after three years of eating Mugi’s extremely expensive desserts school bread was the most awesome thing EVER!

Photobucket

We are totally not stalkers...

I think it was nice that the girls went to see Nodoka. Not that they had anyone else to visit as they didn’t talk to anyone else…ever during their entire time at school but it was nice. I do think deep down Nodoka is sad that her relationship with Yui changed so dramatically in high school. Like Yui joined a club and that was that. And I don’t think Nodoka had that many friends either or had time to make new ones. So that is sad.

Photobucket

Leaving poor Nodoka behind.. :(

But I guess it was nice. Put a good thought in the girls’ mind to do something that would leave a legacy. And really Nodoka saved their butts quite a few times so going to see her was needed. Part of that choco bread would have been a nice thank you gift but what can you do? Also I like Nodoka with and without glasses. XD
I really liked what they finally decided to do on their sorta last day of school.

Photobucket

On last time girls!


Photobucket

Ipods are for losers.

And I really like that they decided to record all their songs on that pink cassette. Really tied in a cute theme. Of course they had to be goobers til the very end with the whole we need to drink tea and talk about where the 5 songs should go. But the idea was a super good idea and I loved how excited the girls got. I probably would be all emotional and crap and wouldn’t be able to play. But these girls pulled through and I loved it.

Photobucket

One last time with my girls!!!

I also loved that Azusa was so excited. I mean it must have been weird for her, them burying the music when HELLO she is still going to be there. But Azusa has always been the one into the music the most and is happy that Yui has finally seen the light. So I was happy for her and am glad she was strong enough to pull through this tough time.

Photobucket

Just...not appealing at all X_X

I have never drank tea in my life and these girls had tea for 8 hours straight. Weirdness.

So we are coming down to the end folks. Get ready for graduation flowers and tears. And probably no music. I fear our music days on K-On are done and gone. But we have at least one episode to look forward to (if not three?). So try to keep the boring scenes to a minimum please so I can probably mourn this series. Thanks.

Photobucket

Ah memories...


No comments: