Monday, August 30, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 21: FULL OF FEELINGS!


Photobucket

Look at my playing both sides!

Rejoice for Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 21 people! I can’t believe it’s already Monday night?! XO Where did all my time off go? I can’t wait to get home from work on Saturday night and most of my weekend is already gone XO

But that is okay. The closer to my work week means more and more of my shows get subbed. So it is give and take people. That and the drama of boy on boy relationships make me happy.

Spoilers for emotions and scary eyebrows. XO Oh and Yuki and Luka reunite finally! WOOHOO!



Photobucket

Yes why are you protecting us Reiga/Kanata person?

Episode Summary: Kanata is waiting for young Yuki to come home from school. And by young Yuki I mean like 6 months ago. Anyway Kanata is happy to see Yuki but says that he has to give him space since Yuki is studying for exams. But Kanata breaks out into an epic love story about how he and Yuki are going to have epic adventures in the future, with summer breaks and field trips and the such. Yuki gives Kanata his scarf and I think there are wedding bells playing in the back ground. None of that matters though because Yuki realizes that the person who saved him isn’t Kanata but Reiga and his special hat. Kuroto and Senshirou are like….um…..why aren’t we splat cakes? Cadenza is like okay I know you have a thing for Mr. God’s Light but he needs to die if we want to take over the world!

Photobucket

Beware the blurry screenie!!!

Elsewhere Takashiro and Hotsuma are trying to remind the audience that they are important. But not in this episode sorry. Reiga is like you listen to me eyebrow man I brought you into this world and I can take you out. Eyebrows isn’t too happy with that so Reiga binds him with chains. Cadenza reveals that Reiga is dumb. He summoned two General Class evils and that means his power is cut in half. Which means that Cadenza is stronger than him. Cadenza proves that by breaking free of his bonds. Kuroto and Senshirou are like surely we shall die and also everyone is crazy. Reiga is like um I tried of you Cadenza so he tries to put him back in Duras land. Only it takes too long for him to get the spell done and Cadenza attacks. Reiga is looking like crap and he can barely protect himself let alone the others. So it’s probably a good thing that when Cadenza attacks again Luka protects everyone.

Photobucket

Thus the standing around begins.

Yuki is like WOOHOO Luka is there…but then looks guilty about the whole Reiga thing. Luka misinterprets Yuki sadness and says he will protect Reiga because that is what Yuki wants. Again Kuroto and Senshirou are like WTF people. Toko and Tsukumo show up but Luka wants everyone to run away and protect Yuki. That slightly pisses Kuroto off but everyone seems to agree. Which is dumb. Cadenza attacks again and Reiga and Luka both end up protecting the group. Yuki decides to make Luka feel even worse by bringing up the past and telling Reiga he is still Kanata and that they had plans to buy a summer home and stuff. Only Reiga is like no, I am keeping you alive because it is a part of my evil plot to control the world. Yuki is sad. Cadenza is suddenly like okay boss I will listen to you. Hotsuma and Shuusei finally show up and are like…so what is happening? Everyone just stands around and looks at each other for a while. THE END!

SO MANY FEELINGS!!!!!! Are you overwhelmed by the feelings yet?

Photobucket

Look at our bright future!!!

I really loved Kanata’s past promises to Yuki. 5 more seconds and I think we would have seen a proposal people. Oh Yuki, it’s my dream to marry you and adopt all these little children. We will buy a house with no picket fences since this is Japan but I’ll get a tire swing to make up for it. And when I come home from work you will be wearing a cute little apron and greet me warmly. And then when our kids are grown and gone we will sit on the porch and talk about the good old days of when I tried to kill you because I was really Reiga and how you never gave up on me because of all your feelings.

Photobucket

And then we will buy a timeshare and spend the winter in Florida.

Simply wonderful people. That scene was awesome. So dramatic, with Kanata waiting for Yuki after school and Yuki giving Kanata his scarf. Such love, such emotions. I mean, if these two see each other all the time there would be no need for them to make plans well in advanced. It sounded more like a speech someone give to a cancer patient or something. Thus the mocking people. But gentle lovely mocking since Yuki is so genuine.

Photobucket

Oh yeah Kanata is Reiga....

But then I will mock Yuki again. Wasn’t it just last week that Yuki found out Kanata was Reiga? So he is all Kanata is saving me how amazing!!!! Then poof he remembers that Kanata is gone and Reiga is standing there wearing his ugly hat. That is one of the reasons Yuki makes me RARW. Like okay, we all know you are a special snowflake who sees the best in everyone. Just…you are making a sad situation more dramatic than needed.

Photobucket

Wait everyone is in love with Yuki?!?!?!

I felt bad for Kuroto and Senshirou. They are standing there not knowing what is going on. Well not really standing as much as trying to get up but they just got the shit beat out of them so kneeling is all they can do for now. But yeah. They don’t know Yuki sad back story with Kanata/Reiga right? So….yeah. Let’s just look on confused. Of course the most confused people in this episode are Shuusei and Hotsuma who get no love. :( No love at all.

Photobucket

Revenge for the people I forced into battle woohoo!

Takashiro was being a little dramatic. So you have an evil Duras inside your body isn’t fun. But don’t act like you are getting revenge for those fallen people. Well maybe you are. But you are really fighting for your dead girlfriend and the fact that your best friend turned on you. So you need to suck it up and deal with how you get to live AKA there is something gross inside your body. But I do feel bad for your little butler dude.

Photobucket

Look at me and my sparkly hat!

Reiga was being pretty awesome for a while. Until Cadenza goes haha I am just playing with you foolish half mortal. Which kinda makes me wonder. Reiga is only a half Duras. So why are the other Duras listening to him? I get that he summons them but why is he allowed to do that? Like can Luka summon other human like Duras to help him out? Whatever the case is if I were a full blooded Duras I be like PSHT I ain’t listening to you half breed. But yeah at least Reiga was trying to help. Too bad Cadenza is too bad ass.

I really loved it when Tsukumo and Shuusei would give us updates on the battle…after we already saw them. Thanks boys, we know that horrible powers are battling each other. Less telling us what we know and more running to the danger please.

Photobucket

I love you Luka and want to have your babies in mpreg fanfiction!

WOOHOO! Luka is on the scene and saved everyone (including Reiga). And we got a lovely reunion between Yuki and Luka. They looked into each other’s eyes and told each other what they really feel in their hearts. They hugged each other and Cadenza and Reiga were like um we are in the middle of a battle why are we having all these feelings? Then Luka said that when Yuki was a girl he loved her but now that he is a boy he loves him even more and they kiss. Senshirou gets all I wish I could kiss the person I love like that and Kuroto blushes.

Photobucket

Or we can look guilty.

OR what really happens is Yuki looks happy for one whole second (which Luka misses) but then looks sad. Luka interprets that as Yuki cares more for Reiga than him and now Yuki is worried that Luak will kill Reiga. Luka gets sad that Yuki isn’t happy to see him so he says something to Yuki that he won’t kill his beloved Kanata. YAY FOR HURT FEELINGS AND MISUNDERSTANDINGS!

Photobucket

And then we can ignore Yuki.

Seriously people. It is one misunderstanding after another with these two. This series is going to end with one of them dying in the other’s arms and that is finally when someone will confess. And that will make me unhappy. A very unhappy person. STOP WITH THE DRAMATICS! XO Luka you already loved him so stop being all butthurt that other people want to love him too. Just tell him what you feel so Yuki will confess he loves you too. But you will continue to have the butthurt until you explain away this misunderstanding! You can’t get jealous over Yuki cause he ain’t your boyfriend.

Photobucket

Super Sayian level one?

Not that Luka got a chance to kill Cadenza or Reiga. Because all he did was power up. Everyone and their mom gathered at the temple (or what is left of it). There was some talking and Luka being bossy and Reiga doing his best not to pass out. Reiga showed that he wanted to protect Yuki and Luka helped him out. But once Luka got on the scene there was no epic battle. Just a lot of staring and powering up.

Photobucket

Do go on Yuki. I love saving your ass so you can go on and on how you love Kanata/Reiga. Please stick the knife further in my heart.

I am sure Luka was super happy when Yuki breaks out the feelings and reconfesses to Reiga. All the stuff that Kanata mentioned before (the fireworks, the adopting the kids, the yelling at strangers to get off their lawn when they are old and grey) Yuki spit back out. REMEMBER KANATA! Remember all the stuff you said we were going to do?! Well now I am going to mention it again in hopes to bring you out of your Reiganess and make you Kanata again.

Photobucket

I am so sure it is part of plan Reiga. So super sure.

Only it doesn’t work. Reiga says (possibly lies) that the only reason he is protecting Yuki is because it is part of his master plan. Which is probably BS. I would think killing the heart of the problem would be the best course of action. Now we do know that baddies like to prolong their plans to make themselves look awesome. This usually leads to their downfall. But in Reiga’s case he probably still loves Yuki and he has to save face. So the only thing Yuki accomplished with his speech is now Luka feels like crap. WOOHOO!

Photobucket

So....we'll just stand here....

So the episode ends with Cadenza seeing the light and deciding to follow Reiga. Which is also BS. He spent the entire episode wanting to kick his ass. Reiga seems happy because HAHA he was about to be toast and now he lives. And everyone else is kinda staring at each other going…so what do we do now? Yeah. All these powerful people standing around not attacking.

Photobucket

Okay clearly someone is still having feelings about the situation....

ACTION! No more feelings but action next week. Please?

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christina, I don't have time to read all yr post but I will, I promise. But how funny was it that the War-and-Peace looking book that Yuki was borrowing from Kanata in the flashback was Goldilocks and the Three Bears. And Kanata was like, I know yr busy with yr studies? What studies? First Grade for High Schoolers? (I love when they just put random English text on books and signs in these shows.)

Anonymous said...

This was the first post that I've read of yours. You are hilarious!! I lol after each paragraph because what you said was so true.

Christina said...

Anonymous 1- I totally missed the book title! Now I am so happy you pointed it out to me. Yes Yuki is so busy with his school studies that Kanata can't spend time with him but obviously he has time to read a fairy tale. Also that book was like 200 pages long. I think the story could be summed up in 2 paragraphs! Thanks for pointing out the title to me! XD

Anonymous 2- XD I am so happy that you have stumbled on my blog. I can't take all the credit on the humor though. I think this series makes it very easy to find the humor. I mean I am sure poor Yuki is being pure with his loving heart but it is so easy to mock. But I mock you with love Yuki promise!

But I am glad you found it funny. XD Sometimes my yaoi tendencies run away from me so I am glad they come across as humorous and not crazy stalker lady.

Freak said...

Uh...yes it's me again...the Reiga/Kanata fan girl...
His hat is freaking sexy and he was sexy in this episode...oh what the heck...he's sexy in all the episodes he's in. I just love him...even if his ass was close to getting whooped. Cuz it will always look pretty even if it is a mess...what the freak am I talking about? XD

Oh yes!!!!
I TOTALLY LOVE THIS EPISODE >:D
More KanataxYuki love-dovey stuff...ah...your post made me LOL.
I tried not to interpret the whole "Future Summer Plans" as some kind of proposal because once I do I'll probably go all crazy over it and throw an insane giggle fit...hehe...but now that you mention it...woohoo!

Anyways, Anonymous...Yuki borrowed the book for the kids. You know...the orphan kids LOVE story time...like in the first episode when he told them the princess story. I can't believe I still remember that...haha.

Anyways, Reiga...oh Reiga...tell Yuki you LOVE HIM >.< so I can fan girl all over it...I know it ain't gonna happen. (Damn it)

Luka can go die with his girl Yuki in his loyal heart >:) no, I'm just kidding...I won't step on him, since I think Reiga/Kanata and Yuki will not end up together.

I'm pretty sure that the creators will not include Luka's twin brother...or probably at the near end. Where he will whisk away Cadenza and Reiga back to Infernus.
Then that will probably end with some cliff hanger.
URGH >.< So sad...
I hate angst, but as long as Reiga is in it, I can bare it. Just 3 more episodes and I hope it ends...I will have a heart attack (bad) if they plan to have a 2nd season...omg...more angst...>>.<<

Love your blog~

Anonymous said...

ooh Freak you totally spoiler'd on mentioning Luka's brother :)

But now that the cat is out of the bag, I will mention that it is highly unlikely that Luze would be introduced because even the manga hasn't yet begun to tell his story.

If there was a 2nd season of this show I totally see Luze showing up in the last episode, as a mega villain for next season, but I don't think there will be a season 2 :(

Additionally the new Zweilts very likely won't show up without a second season. A shame because one of them hits on Yuki like crazy which makes Luka become really protective and they have tender *L&Y moments* as a result.

I actually predict some highly slashable moments appearing in the next scheduled release of the manga. We are LOOONG overdue for Luka confession and I think Odagiri is getting closer to it.

Freak said...

Anonymous-Yeah, I guess so...
Luze probably won't be the mega villain though...I think.

The two new Zweilts...well let's see...Yuki shows his hetero side xD when he sees some picture of her.
And the Yuki 'flirter' I think he said he's only interested in girls...he hits on Touko.
I don't quite remember because I had to read the raws backwards/out of order and there's quite a lot of dialogue.

For now, I will brace myself for LukaxYuki moments...>.< it just makes me kind of depressed seeing those two XD

Hehe, I think Odagiri is trying to stray away from shounen-ai factor.

Anonymous said...

Haha, No spoilers! Grrrr! I'm waiting to read the manga until I get my ipad and can hold it in my loving hands like a real book! But actually I can now look forward to a possible Luca twin appearing and doubling my joy!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so why didn't Reiga just tell Cadenza, who has an awful name, that he's just saving Yuki in order to kill him later before they started their battle? I think Cadenza has those eyebrows so no viewer gets confused and thinks he’s a love interest here. He’s bad people, and he’s not gonna be a part of yr yaoi tendencies!

Also, agree, Reiga's just making excuses. He still loves Yuki. Back when he was Kanata, or rather probably Reiga still pretending to be Kanata, it made me LOL b/c every scene w/Yuki going off to live with the Zweilts and Kanata-Reiga saying goodbye had him acting all slutty and suggestive and touching Yuki's hair and I kept thinking, poor innocent Yuki!

Btw, Reiga’s hat? How about those fancy elbow-length gloves? Very sxy.

Christina said...

Anonymous and Freak- BAD SPOILER PEOPLE!

Okay I lied XD Knowing what these spoilers are gives me hope for a second season and that makes me happy. So yay for spoilers.

More Guardians means less Hotsuma and Shuusei time which makes me sad. :( But if it gets Luka's butt in gear I am all for them.

I just want to know why Regia felt the need to get a hat. I guess he had to since he has a cape now but it just seems so random it is funny to me. XD

This show is awesome with people not telling others how they feel. At this point Toko has a better chance of hooking up with Yuki if someone doesn't step up to the plate!

Unknown said...

Christina, all those what-might-have-happen-moments are really funny. I couldn't stop laughing XD


Ok, Yuki after all those drama that you're missing Luka and want to see him and when you actually see him in person you go on and on about your promises with Reiga when he was still Kanata in front of him. Cancel your contract with Luka while you're at it.

I pity Luka. he should just leave Yuki and go after Takashiro. Then, we'll have Dura vs Butler series where they're competing for Takashiro's affections...or NOT XD


After all those spoilers, I really want a second season for this series *crosses fingers*

Freak said...

AHAHA
Omg...
Reiga surely knows how to make himself look sexy...hehehe

And lol at anonymous who said Kanata was acting all slutty and suggestive...who knows? Hahah

And Luka and the butler competing for Takashiro...man that would some series...LOL

Oh, and sorry for being a bad spoiler gal XD just couldn't help it hahah...
I shall keep my spoiler mouth shut for now...

Anonymous said...

Hi Freak,

Yeah, I distinctly remember when Yuki was going off to live at Giou House or whatevr, Kanata showed up and was like whispering nefariously in Yuki's ear, and I'm like, Yuki's the guy who had the weird "I love you Kanata!" dream with the fluffy down pillow feathers flying around, I was thinking if Yun Kouga drew Yuki he'd have still have his ears and Reiga-Kanata would not. But the Kanata in this wk's flashback was cute and good-intentioned and wants to picnic with orphans so who knows. I'll have to watch the series again after the season ends. but totally thought there were some scenes where Kanata was after Yuki just like Takashiro is when Luka gets jealous.

--"Anonymous"

Christina said...

angeli- XD I seriously felt that is where Kanata was going with the conversation. Maybe the reason he turned into Reiga was he really had an engagement ring in that huge book (really goldilocks and the three bears shouldn't be that long) and he took Yuki not finding it as the ultimate rejection. But him going on and on about the future out of no where was HILARIOUS.

Yuki fails at the love department. He better watch out or Luka and Reiga might hook up at this point.

And to all my little anons...I love this safe space of crazy yaoi fangirls. XD

Anonymous said...

Oh, btw I seriously almost cried when Yuki busted out w/the but we were going to take the children to the seaside at reiga at the end b/c it was SOOOO precious! KawaIII!

Christina said...

Anonymous- I do feel bad for Yuki and his earnest heart full of feelings but seeing Luka having to take all that in hurt my heart more. :( Everyone loses the end.

Freak said...

Christina- OMG xD an engagement ring?
Wow...how can Yuki miss that? o.O

Someone either Reiga/Kanata or Luka need to shove Yuki down and go all nom nom on him...
Yuki seriously fails >;( lol Oh, well...I guess I can't blame him when he's still going through puberty. Haha...


Ah, Kanata just needed to show who's the lover and who's not...blah blah blah...pillow dreams...sweet past...weird closeness...future plans...unrequited love?...yep, that pretty much sums up KanataxYukiness in this whole series xD
I don't where the producers are heading with all this, but I'm guessing they will end this in a very, very...sad way like in X1999 or whatever that Clamp created with the two best buds killing each other. Hope nobody gets their head chopped off! Oh noz...and the head hugging o.o

:_(
This anime is filled with yaoiness, so you will definitely find this a safe haven filled yaoi-crazed gals/pals :D

Unknown said...

Yuki is such a good guy - loved by everyone around him, is great with kids, can cook, understands other people's pain,has good grades, has healing abilities, etc.. I knew that there was a flaw there somewhere but I never thought that it was in the love department..*sigh*

Anonymous said...

OMG Freak, this is so like X with the little side story episodes abt the Zweilt partners and the weird random uniforms which are apparently full of coolness.

Anonymous said...

STOP in the name of love...

Kanata is singing Stop in the name of love...

Takashiro is so going to become evil and Kanata's going to save the day.

Kanata should have killed Yuki before the zweilt's showed up. How hard could it be to kill him after a night of sweet loving. Maybe they where saving it for after the summer-honeymoon with the kids.
Suuure Kanata has a "plan" to kill Yuki... later... uhu...

Poor Luca! At least they meet again in this episode.

/Icemaiden

Christina said...

IceMaiden- It is so sad that Kanata believes that everyone bought his UM later reasoning for killing Yuki. Everyone was like....um should we leave you guys alone so you can have a moment....

Luka finally gets to see Yuki again and all Yuki does is crybaby over Kanata. He really should have stayed in the woods.

luna said...

HAHAHA, that was hilarious XDD!! This is the first time I've seen your blog before, and I was laughing so much because even though everything you said would sound ridiculous to a person who hasn't been watching UraBoku, everyone who is actually a fan knows it's completely true!!!

Btw, I just watched ep. 22, and it's still full of feelings with little action. It's another "Everyone loves Yuki!" episodes. *sigh* and Luka's still feeling left out :(
...those two seriously just need to jump on top of each other and make out to get rid of all their sexual tension.....

Christina said...

Luna- XD I am glad you found it funny. I know it is over the top the things I imagined Kanata saying to Yuki but honestly that was the vibe the entire episode. If the snow had waited 5 more minutes Yuki might have gotten a proposal and then where would our love triangle be?!

I need to do some house cleaning first but I plan on watching episode 22 sometime tonight.

Everyone loves Yuki woohoo! Except for Luka who apparently needs to cry in the corner. Someone needs to be jumping someone, I can practically smell everyone going crazy from sexual tension.

Buto said...

Episode 22=jaw dropping :O
omg...

Christina said...

Buto- New post is up for business. I can really say didn't see that ending coming.

But it sure is a I love Yuki love fest.

Jiani [贾尼] said...

Okay!! i just found this today looking for some nice ReigaXLuka that i have a freaky obsession for and look what i got!!! Lmao! I absolutely love your post! First one I've ever read! I love how funny it is and all of the pictures really make you laugh when you realize how whack it all is. I kept wondering why everyone was just standing there the whole time. XD

My favorite picture was the one where Luka was like "Do go on." Yuki really makes him feel like crap. T.T I especially like how you put the flashbacks together. I almost died from laughter!

Great work!

Christina said...

Phane A- The amount of standing in this episode (well series) is amazing. Like there are TWO baddies and 8 good guys and you are all just standing around? Crazy people.

But I am glad you like my blog. I think my favorite part is thinking up funny things for the caption. Really some write themselves.

Yes poor Luka indeed. When does HE get a BBQ?

mitzy said...

I love your blog post about this show! You break it down so appropriately, it's amazing. I heard that last month (August 2016) they released new manga episodes, do you know if there will be more episodes??

alaa ammar said...


شركة كيان لنقل العفش بالرياض والمدينة المنورة وجدة ومكة والطائف والدمام تقديم لكم دليل كامل لشركات نقل العفش بالمملكة العربية السعودية
نقل عفش شركة كيان
دليل شركات نقل العفش
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بجدة