Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anime Festival Orlando 2010 Swag Post


Photobucket

XO Why was I the girl with the huge elephant?!

Greetings my friends/readers/random people! I have returned from the weird universe that is Orlando. Even though I was only gone for like 3 and 1/2 days it felt like it was a lifetime without the internet. I had a blast but I do love doing....nothing on the internet and blogging. But I am home now woohoo!

I have a bunch to catch up on in terms of blogging. I have Kuroshitsuji episode 6, Amagami S Episode 6, and K-On!! episode 18. It is possible when I wake up tomorrow I might have two more shows on that list and I do want to blog about Anime Festival Orlando. So...yeah. XD Lots to catch up on.

But since I am tired from walking, shopping, and dodging fan boys I will start with the easiest post first because HEY I am lazy. So that means it is time to see all my swag. I was slightly smart this year and took most of these pictures while at the convention. No sense in packing it up if I could take a quick picture first right? So here is what I spent my hard earned money on. And yeah, it is going to look like a lot. But I saved all year long for these anime conventions so this is like my big WOOHOO spending time(s) of the year. But yes I look like a greedy pig.

Stay tuned for the Anime Festival Orlando con report tomorrow. Hopefully that one will be up first and then I will start on the episodes. If I can drag myself out of bed.


Photobucket

Here is a big overall picture of most of my purchases (not including Sunday). Poor hotel bed. I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway.


Photobucket

Jason David Frank pictures. I don't know why I only asked him to sign one...


Photobucket

Fan art pictures! I enjoy stickers. XD


Photobucket

Um I really enjoy stickers. And there might have been a side trip to Downtown Disney.


Photobucket

I got a GREAT deal on these. The box (thus the book) was a little messed up but the other two were in perfect condition.


Photobucket

Obviously my favorite book out of the whole Clamp No Kiseki. I just wish that he had the Fai chess piece one.


Photobucket

This buy....was amazing and unexpected. I guess that means there is another blog post in the making as Nendoroid Snow Miku needs her very own post. So amazing!!!


Photobucket

I actually do need more shirts. Of course I need work shirts....but still. I don't need anymore posters but there is room on the ceiling!


Photobucket

My Downtown Disney purchases. The 10 dollar and under store is my friend. XD


Photobucket

This booth was surprising. When you first walked around it there was much different merchandise. But if you looked at the back of their booth BAM Sanrio land. Aka the Land that Tenchi loves. XD


Photobucket

My slightly random picture. The pen is from a store at Downtown Disney that your mom warned you never to touch anything in. So all I could afford was the pen. I made the little doll at a panel. Also the dinosaurs are from a girl in the dealer's room, I hope she did well.


Photobucket

Another awesome trinket to hang in my car. Soon I will be driving a mobile anime store.


Photobucket

I was doing good on not going crazy with posters. Then Sunday happened.


Photobucket

Posters are the best things to buy when you are broke! Who wants to go home with money?!


Photobucket

Okay I just love posters!!!


Photobucket

MOG it's elephant girl!!!!!!!


Photobucket

Now when I went to the Sanrio store (at the Mall at Millenia in Orlando) I fell in love with the huge elephant. But I was trying to be GOOD and only bought the tiny elephant. But being good only last one day and by Saturday morning the huge elephant was mine. This was my biggest purchase of the entire convention and my favorite...which might be a bad thing? X_X But I love you huge elephant!!!!


So there it all is, my greediest. Except for a random Lucky Star figurine that I left in the car apparently and I am too lazy to go downstairs and get it. X_X This is the first anime convention...EVER that I did not buy at least one manga at. I feel a little weird about that. Also I spent a lot of my money at outside sources like the Sanrio store and Downtown Disney. But overall I think I got a lot of great stuff and hope I helped the vendors out with my purchases (cause the economy is bad yo).

I hope you enjoyed my post. I love seeing what other people buy at conventions so I try to do the same. Sorta like OH I want to be on the look out for that and such. I had a great time spending all my money. Sadly I must go and work hard to earn more for AWA. *sigh* Spends so fast, so hard to earn.

LOVE YOU GIANT ELEPHANT!! (His name is Corn by the way. XD)


5 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE YOU GIANT CORN ELEPHANT!!! <3

LOVE YOU 10 DOLLAR DISNEY STORE <3

LOVE YOU CUTE STUFF!!! <3

LOVE YOU CHRISTINA! <3

Christina said...

Jamie- I am sure you were able to pick out your present in all that because I am so smooth.

I love Corn. My mom was all like X_X when I showed her but you can't put a price tag on happiness. But it is truly the biggest stuffed animal ever.

I love Jamie too XD

Unknown said...

Hope you had a great time at the Convention :3

I've always wanted to go to a convention, and I've annoyed myself by discovering that MY University is holding an anime convention - AmeCon 2010 - on the 13-15th August. I would've gone if I had known! I'm soo annoyed! :(

Christina said...

Samuel- I had a great time! Busy writing up the actual report right now.

Is it too late for you to ask off at least one of the convention (assuming that work might be an issue)? That is sad that you might miss a convention at your own school! Can't get much closer than that. :( But i would be disappointed too. Hopefully you can go next year.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this might sounds slightly psycho....but I am trying to find that EXACT stuffed elephant(the big one) I absolutely fell in love with it when I was in Sanrio in San Francisco(which you mentioned feeling the same connection. Those elephants just hook you!) and since have been searching all over for it but can find it no where, and am unable to go back to San Francisco.

So, as crazy psycho as this sounds....could you possibly lead me to a site where I can get it? I've looked all over and I am desperate! Thank you for reading this ridiculous comment.

If you know of anything, please email me at heatherthinks@sbcglobal.net. Thank you!