Wednesday, August 18, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 20: Festival Performance Finally!

XO Why did I want to return to work again? Oh yeah…need money for AWA. And Japan. And my husband has promised to take me to the Sanrio store near Atlanta. And probably for those pesky things called bills. But yeah work. I guess it wasn’t that bad. I didn’t pass out and no one screamed at me. But I foresee drama in the future. Epic drama.

Just think of Japan. THINK OF JAPAN!

Photobucket

Everything should be for cake! Now I want cake...

But then K-On!! was out and I was happy. So with my Code Red and my one luxury food item for the week (nom nom ice cream) I shall dance along to the school festival. Finally right? Also Code Red is not a luxury item; it is a necessity.

Beware! I know this might come as a shocker but the performance at the school festival might actually happen in this post. XO I know, pick you off the floor right? XD Enjoy.



Photobucket

You're lucky that no one wrote on your face!

Episode Summary: The girls giggle as they wrap Mio up as a caterpillar and write on her hand as she sleeps. Mio wakes up and freaks out even though the drawings were very mildly in nature. Ritsu still gets busted upside her head by Mio. The girls then are like WE CAN DO THIS and YAY FOR CAKE pump up session. The girls put on their new shirts and go down the whatever stage. The girls start setting up for their concert and Mio and Yui start having mini freak outs over past festival performances and POOF the curtain goes up. Only everyone in the audience (including Nodoka and Sawako are wearing the same shirts as the girls. Apparently the president of the Mio fan club put together the funds for all the shirts and Sawako helped handed them out before the concert. Yui starts crying because she is so touched. But she pulls herself together and they do their first song. Which is about food and kinda weird. But the entire crowd goes wild with Ui as their biggest fan. Runner up would be the Mio girls and the other girls from the senior class. Yay for food and happy energy.

Photobucket

Mugi is allowed to be excited!!!!!

After the nom nom food song Yui takes time to talk about the play yesterday and forces Mio and Ritsu to resay some of their lines much to their fangirl’s delight. Azusa barely says anything. There is a little freak out because Yui forgot the play list but the show goes on. After another song (off screen) Yui takes the time to talk more (with Jun going ON WITH THE SHOW ALREADY). Yui takes the time to embarrass….I mean introduce Sawako and Nodoka. Then Yui is like TALK EVERYONE! Ritsu and Azusa barely says anything, Mio is all embarrassed, and Mugi is like LOOK AT ME I AM HERE LISTEN TO ME!!!! Then there is more thanking of everyone in the entire series. But Ui is so cute so it’s okay that there is random thank yous. Then it is time for the song that Yui wrote about Ui. Mugi doesn’t sing it so that is a bit sad. But the crowd loves the song and the energy is positive.

Photobucket

My attempt to get the girls jammin out!

After the concert there are scenes of other parts of the festival going on but the girls are sitting quietly in the club room. They talk about how awesome the concert was and how there are exciting things coming up in the future, like Christmas and New Years Eve. But then the girls get sad and start talking about their next school festival when they know this was the last one. The four older girls start crying because they know the end is near. Azusa tries to calm them down it just ends up as a sob fest with a huge hug. Sawako goes upstairs to get some praise for her awesome idea but stops when she sees the sleeping girls. She and Nodoka smile at how happy they all look. THE END!

Photobucket

Three cheers for Sawako!!!

Woohoo people! After weeks (months?) of no songs, no performances we get some music. In an anime about music. I am sure tons of people are happy. Or at least saying ABOUT TIME!!!!

Photobucket

Very observant little sillies!

I am glad the T-shirts were explained. Honestly when I saw them last week I was not impressed. I tried to chalk it up to Sawako being super busy making everyone else’s uniforms/costumes that she didn’t have time to pull out all the stops. But now it all makes sense. Although I kinda feel bad for the Mio fan girl club. They are going to be in debt forever if they paid for that many shirts. I mean random people off the streets got shirts. Even if they got them plain from some cheap store it would add up. Not to mention all the man power that went into putting the symbol on the shirt.

Photobucket

Wait we are intimidating?

Also I think after seeing everyone wearing all these shirts I understand maybe why people didn’t join the club. All the freshmen were like wow they sound great but look how close they are. That would be pretty intimidating to me, especially since there is already such a scary disconnect between freshmen and juniors and freshmen and seniors. So maybe people weren’t thinking these girls were just goof balls and we don’t want to be associated with them. Maybe it was more like wow…I could never be as close to those girls as they are to each other. So I think I will forgive all the girls at the school except Jun.

Photobucket

The arm commands you to get on with the show!!!!

XO I think there was way too much talking and not enough playing. I mean Yui is a funny girl and it was a way to break the tension but PLAY YOUR SONGS! Jun really says the right things at times. Get on with the show. I think that Yui should have had something planned to say each time, something relating to the show or a particular girl. But it came across as rambling and random. Which I guess is part of her charm. Part of the whole Light Music Club charm. XO I am such a mean person but I guess I just wanted them to play more songs.

Photobucket

My silly excited Mugi.

But of course I loved the part that had to do with Mugi. XD I can rant and rave that the girls talked too much but I loved that Mugi was so excited. Don’t tell her to back down Yui. She is always shoved in the corner and heaven forbid you let her SING. So yeah, I was happy that she was excited to talk for once. Like LOOK AT ME I am Mugi and I get to talk woohoo. I love excited Mugi.

Photobucket

Um weirdness....

Okay time to talk about the songs. The first one….was weird. Like a jingle for a fast food place you would hear on the radio. I was not really a fan. Although to be fair most Japanese songs used in anime don’t make a whole lot of sense so it wouldn’t be fair to not like this one. Yui just happened to be singing about food and not being a tiger of love with some nonsense English phrase thrown in. In any event I think I can be a song writer too after this episode.

Photobucket

I think Ui liked the second song (last song) better too.

The second song (that we saw) was much better. It was very bubble gum/happy/unicorn like but that is the direction of the band so it makes sense. Also the song actually made sense. It was Yui talking about Ui and how much she means to her. But really anyone could apply it to an important person in their life. Almost like a universal song if you would. Ui looked so happy when the song was playing and the girls were putting their all into the song. So I am glad it was the last song to play and I guess I see why Yui was the one singing it….even if I wanted to hear Mugi sing….

Photobucket

Crying takes a lot out of you. Oh also fun concerts.

I also liked how after the exciting concert full of adoring fans the episode ends with the girls sitting quietly in the room. It must have been an amazing experience, to have a room full of screaming crazy people. I can see how rock stars can feel lonely in their hotel rooms without the crowd and the lights and the screaming. But I like how the girls are happy on stage and off. I don’t know, I guess it is hard to explain.

Photobucket

Poor Yui in denial.

Not going to lie. The last scene with the girls crying in the room really hit home for me. It took me back to the last few days of high school and how I was a boo hoo mess myself. Now I know they still have a great deal of their senior year left but to me it felt like last day of school moment for me. They won’t get another high school festival so that is why there were tears and such.

Photobucket

Ritsu trying to make the best of a bitter sweet moment.

So I think this episode probably touched a lot of people. Some viewers are still in high school and maybe this is their last year. Granted school just started this year but now they will be thinking about last proms, last home comings, last school trips. And for some of us viewers it brought back memories of own last memories of high school. For me that was over 9 years ago. For others that might have been last year. But I think those last few moments of the show probably made a lot of people think and reminisce of the past. Almost turned me into a sobbing mess. But I think I am better off than most people as one of my best friends in high school I see all the time (Hi AFO buddy) and my other one…I married. XD

Photobucket

XO Be more supportive.

But I did feel bad Azusa. Everyone is all crying because this is their last show but Azusa is only a junior. So she can’t experience what they are going through. Well I guess she could be crying over the fact she might not even get a senior year festival because no one will join the club but you know. But then Azusa was kinda rude telling everyone not to cry. I get that she was feeling left out but I think she should have let the girls have their moment. Be a shoulder to cry on, don’t be the one telling everyone to man up.

Side note my goal is to get the Mugi nendoroid at AWA. Of course since I am going to Japan in 9 months XD XD XD I will surely find a Mugi nendoroid there….but it is exciting find what you are looking for at an anime convention. So yes. That is my goal. Because I think my goal of getting the on stage Mugi (and Yui) will be impossible.

Photobucket

Good job girls!

So in the end…this episode was pretty good. There was a lot of talking but I guess that is just the kind of person Yui is. That and when you are on stage people tend to ramble and if they had spent the entire time singing we would be like SHOW MORE PERSONALITY ON STAGE. So I am glad the concert got its own episode. I am glad the T-shirts made sense and I am glad Mugi got a chance to say something. It was sad when everyone started crying but it proves how much the club means to them all.

That said…next week might be boring. School pictures. Meh. Although that brings back scary memories of my own school pictures…..

2 comments:

alaa ammar said...




https://www.behance.net/gallery/46472895/_
https://www.behance.net/gallery/46463613/_
https://www.behance.net/gallery/46463247/_
https://www.behance.net/gallery/46451097/_
https://www.behance.net/gallery/46460639/_
https://www.behance.net/gallery/46462575/_

alaa ammar said...

شركة سكاي لخدمات نقل العفش والاثاث بالمنطقة العربية السعودية نحن نوفر خدمات نقل اثاث بالرياض ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بمكة ونقل عفش بالطائف نحن نقدم افضل نقل اثاث بخميس مشيط ونقل عفش بجدة
شركة سكاي نقل العفش
مدونة لنقل العفش
شركة نقل عفش بمكة
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة