Thursday, August 19, 2010

Miss Universe 2010 National Costumes of Fail

YES! This post is random indeed! I did have a different post in mind for today. However I am still waiting to see if the Fall Anime 2010 list is legit before I post what I think looks good (or fails). So instead I thought I take a break from the constant anime posting to blog about something I think is funny.

I never watch beauty pageants. The only clips I have seen are when beauty queens mess up on stage and it gets national attention. Other than that I know nothing. But I might want to rethink my stance of not watching these train wrecks now that I have learned there is a costume portion of the contest. XO How exciting for me!

So here is a list of a few costumes that stuck out for one reason or another. This is in no way a complete list as not all the contestants have revealed their costumes yet (or maybe they have, when is the contest?) but from the list I saw these are the ones that I deemed awesome. Or fail. So enjoy a bunch of lovely pictures of pretty ladies wearing weird stuff.

Note these are not my pictures. I got them from a random livejournal group who get it from another source who probably got it from another source. NOT MINE!


Photobucket

Runner-up for best super hero costume. There were plenty of super hero like costumes so it was hard to choose!


Photobucket

Best super hero costume!!!! The Champion of Healthcare!!!


Photobucket

Best Lady Gaga impression costume. Seeing is overrated people.


Photobucket

Best costume that is not a costume. And by best I mean worse. This is not the evening gown part of the competition lady XO


Photobucket

Best "I thought this was prom" costume. Really I think the dress is gorgeous. Just not for a costume contest.


Photobucket

Best hat award. And I actually mean it. XO It goes with the outfit and fits like a hat. It doesn't look like a tree or something dead. It is something that fits ON THE HEAD!


Photobucket

Best hat that looks like a dead animal. Or maybe this hat is a sign that I need to finish Chrome Shelled Regios....


Photobucket

Winner of the worse hat EVER. Or is it the best lampshade ever?


Photobucket

Winner of the worse concept/shoe award. XO You won two awards! Congratulations it will never happen again.


Photobucket

I don't know if this costume wins an award as much as it is WHOA Vagina/vulva moment. Whoa people.


Photobucket

Winner of the "I know what country you are from" award. Seriously some of these countries were so out there.


Photobucket

Best Hooter Girl outfit. Because this is Hooters right? Right?


Photobucket

Best I rolled around in the grass and this is what I came up with costume. She is edible people.


And now...for what I think was the best costume out of the bunch. Because it was actually a COSTUME, it was fun, and it wasn't some random "concept" that just kept gluing crap on crap. WOOHOO!!!!

Photobucket

You win nothing. Unless you want a Hello Kitty plushie. I could part with one plushie as your award. But yay for winning!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG LOL that's the dumbest thing I've eaver seen! Except for Miss Kosovo -- Giant Satan Goat Head Win!

Christina said...

Anonymous- When I first saw that link I was like okay so maybe this will be amusing.

Then I clicked the link and my friend and I laughed for over an hour. Some of those costumes were made just so we could laugh at them. Seriously goat heads? Lamps? The whole tennis outfit? They are still in a beauty contest so why are they so ugly? XO