Monday, August 2, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 17

Oh. :(

Photobucket

Behold the most important tree ever.

Not that I should be that dramatic. After last week’s very slow pacing of explaining the past I sorta thought that this week would almost be Part Two of the past and it would go by very slowly. And it did. So since I thought it was going to happen I shouldn’t be too let down that it did. I was prepared for the boring and I got it.

But I am still sad. This post will be short and sad.



Photobucket

Okay he is too cute for words!

Episode Summary: The episode starts off with a younger Reiga (who is a little cutie) looking at a dead Sakura tree. Some asshole boys throw rocks at Reiga and call him names because he is half-Duras. Takashiro scares the boys off with his awesomeness and their friend Yomi heals Reiga’s wounds. They all then look at the dead Sakura tree and talk about how one day it will bloom on its own time. Flash forward and everyone is an adult with a LOT of hair. There are some Duras attacking the capital and Takashiro is taking some dudes to rescue them. Reiga wants to come too but Takashiro wants him to stay in the village to protect the people who still hate him. Really it sounds like an excellent plan. The three friends (Yomi, Takashiro, and Reiga) look at the dead Sakura tree while real time Takashiro explains that those three plus their leader were in charge of saving the world from Duras.

Photobucket

Um that is a lot of blood...

Later that night Yomi decides to voice her concerns that Reiga might become dangerous one day. Takashiro is like no he is my bro and mini freaks out because Reiga was listening in on that conversation. Takashiro runs after Reiga who is staring at the dead tree and comparing it to him, that nothing will ever become of him. But Takashiro points out that the tree is starting to bloom and he believes in him. Takashiro promises to be back in time to see that tree bloom and Reiga is all like mmmm let’s make a yaoi pairing. Only Yomi tries to mess it up by confessing to Takashiro. Thankfully she freaks out and says nothing and off Takashiro goes to save the world. Takashiro is gone longer than expected and when he returns the village is on fire and half the people are dead. He learns from some dying dude that Reiga did it and soon finds Yomi dead. Reiga attacks Takashiro (thus the scar on his face) and leaves without any explanation.

Photobucket

So much hair.....

Back in the present Takashiro tells Yuki that Reiga must have been evil all along and it is his fault this war is going on. Yuki makes it back to the main house where he tells everyone he is going to do what he can for this war. Also he guesses that Takashiro’s secretary and the random girl from last week are his Aunts. They say yes and tell Yuki that his mother really loved him and wanted to rescue him from this life and that is why he was abandoned. Yuki receives a picture of his mother and has a moment. At the Twilight Mansion those Guardians are still having a woe is me party but it is revealed that their connection to Yuki makes them act this way so they are not REALLY emo. The secretary goes to talk to Luka who is still alone in the tree as Yuki looks at his mother’s picture and thinks of Luka. The end!

See people? See what I am talking about?

Photobucket

I also factored in the yaoi factor. Better watch out butler, Takashiro may be taken!

Takashiro, Reiga, and Yomi’s past played out how I imagined it would. Except it looks like Yomi is not Yuki which makes me happy. It would be way too weird for Takashiro to have a past crush on girl Yuki right? So yeah that theory was dumb but everything else was how I expected it to be.

Photobucket

Thank you most awesome friend for believing in me!

Reiga is part Duras yet he lives with people who hunt Duras. I am not sure how that all went about. I mean….assuming that his Daddy wasn’t raping humans it sounds like not ALL Duras are evil. His Daddy was at least okay enough for one human to agree to the sex. So just up front the fact that this dude was raised to be a Duras hunter even though he was a Duras. That is messed up.

Photobucket

He looks super pleased.

But of course he was raised to be a Duras hunter AND people hated him. Because that is an excellent combination. Hey I hate your people and you but do me a favor and protect the world from harm? Yeah. So I can see why Reiga went crazy later in life and killed a bunch of people. I just am confused why he waited so long for his revenge.

Photobucket

Um go kick their asses now!

And OF COURSE Takashiro was his only friend. Because no one else was understanding and loving like Takashiro. He was more enlightened than all the other people. Don’t know why he didn’t keep people more in line. His little ignore thems were fine but how about you lay down the law on the assholes making your friend’s life miserable? But yeah Sakura blossoms that won’t bloom and Reiga having to hold in his anger. Got it.

Photobucket

Never mind you probably like boys anyway.

I was a little surprised about Yomi. I thought there was going to be more of a romance/love triangle going on. But Yomi never told Takashiro how he felt and to be honest I think Takashiro might have the hots for both of them. But yeah, I was expecting more out of that WE ARE ALL BEST FRIENDS…only not route. Since Yomi was also scared of Reiga that did not happen.

Takashiro has now told Yuki what he thinks is the whole truth. Hopefully Yuki is smart enough to realize that HAHA yeah there must have been a reason why Reiga snapped. He had gone all those years without killing everyone despite them being assholes so why did he go crazy now? I am sure it has SOMETHING to do with Yomi, maybe she rejected him. Whatever the case may be I am sure Reiga is the not the ultimate baddie that he is made out to be. Something happened and he is a product of his situation. I usually don’t like saying that, that people should be responsible for their own actions but in this case they made a monster.

Photobucket

You miss your BFF so you are allowed to say hateful words.

With that said I can see why Takashiro is super pissed off. He said some words out of anger (that he should have never trusted Reiga) but that is understandable as everyone he ever loved was dead. He probably got a lot of flak for being Reiga’s friend and now he is responsible for their deaths (in his mind anyway). So while Takashiro will probably be wrong about Reiga in the end I think he is handling the situation the best he can with the information he has. Also you have to feel bad for a guy who has been around for 1000 years and seen countless people die for a war he feels responsible for.

Photobucket

Well I guess that makes sense....

The whole everyone was sappy over Yuki is getting old. But later it was explained that the Guardians are having a Fruits Basket moment. They see Yuki as their special person so it makes sense they worry and want his love. Otherwise this would be too much too soon.

Photobucket

If Yuki has a Duras father I will laugh at the irony. LAUGH!

Also I really don’t care about the Aunts or the two random new people that will probably be out of the picture soon. Okay they are related to Yuki. Show me the Guardians, the new ones, that will be protecting Yuki. If I were Yuki I would be freaking out over all the people hanging all over me and telling me how important and lovely I am.

Photobucket

Yuki needs a hug but Luka is outside!!!

But I do like that Yuki got closure. I am still not sure WHERE Yuki’s mom is but at least he knows that he was loved. I probably would have tried to live with my child in hiding but maybe she died. Who knows. At least she tried to protect him from his never ending fate. I want to know who his father is but I have a feeling when we find out we might want to poke our eyes out. I just hope he is not related to Luka. Yuki I’m your father!

So that is that. I really think that all these past memories could have been explained in one episode and skipped the fluff. But this series really likes fluff. Overall I am just happy Yomi is not girl Yuki. Also Luka needs to get in there and take care of his Yuki. The previews for next week really don’t tell me much but it looks like Luka is going to kick some butt which makes me happy. Yay for happy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I like the "fluff" in this episode.

Reiga sure is super cute.

I'm not so sure that Reiga is
the one who killed everyone.
Perhaps it was "shadow-dude" or
even Yomi. Something happend
which probably was worse than
him being rejected by Yomi.


It would creep me out if Yukis
father is Takashiro or Luka.
Perhaps his father is also
Kanatas father?

It's funny how everybody, including Luka, seem to
be so oblivious to the fact that
Yuki probably wanted to be reborn
as a boy because he wanted to be stronger. He wants to protect
the people who has protected him.

I wonder if the duras in Takashiro
is taking over him and that he in the end will end up a sort of duras. Now he and Reiga are alike,
half duras half human.

I wonder when Lukas former
lov.. master shows up.

/Icemaiden

Anonymous said...

The manga hasn't implied at all that Luka is Yuki's relative. It does leave open the possibility that Reiga's opast father could be a relative of, or, ew, even Luka himself.

The wrote out Reiga's crush on Yomi. In the manga it opens with the two of them riding together taking in a beautiful crisp autumn day. In fact if anything Yomi is more chatty with Reiga and Takashiro looks on fondly from a distance.

I'm not sure how they are planning to end this series. In the manga it leaves off with the introduction of two new Zweilts, and the last battles are the ones coming up in the next ep (which will probably be extended to 2 or 3 eps). After that is a calm spell. I hope to get more Luka and Yuki fan service before this is over :(

Christina said...

Icemaiden- I am also not sure that Reiga killed everyone. Or if everything is his fault. He seemed to be dealing well with the rejection of the village and the rejection of Yomi so why would he snap? But even if it is case of Reiga having a weak moment and allowing the darkness in his heart the villagers are still partial responsible.

Also I think things are about to enter incest land with Reiga and Yuki's fathers up for grabs. Let's just hope it doesn't ruin any pairings.

Anonymous- If Luka is Reiga's father I might throw up. Let's just hope that it's Luka's father that is Reiga's father because my yaoi pairings go much better when there is a tree or a triangle and not some weird vine.

It is good to know I was right about the crush on Yomi thing. It is a typical manga thing to do, to make a trio of friends really potential lovers so there can be hurt feelings. In the anime Takeshiro looked more like Reiga's type than Yomi's.

Maybe there will be plans for a season two? I wouldn't be objecting. Also I don't want that final looking episode scene in the opening song to play out. No Yuki, you are not allowed to die!

Anonymous said...

I haven't gotten a single inkling from Odagiri that she's going to kill off Yuki. I don't think it's been foreshadowed either. If anything, I think it is hinting that Luka is going to die/be destroyed protecting Yuki.

But since I doubt the anime is getting a second season, I think the producers are going to make up their own ending. So maybe he will croak. Not before he kisses Luka I hope >.<

Christina said...

Anonymous- XO Well that is disheartening to hear! I don't want Luka or Yuki to die. Takeshiro and Reiga can die in a romantic fire but let's let these two have a chance!

ibuKA said...

errr...i wouldn't mind if odagiri is going to kill luka or yuki...but not my lovely yaoi couple...hotsuma/shuseii...
*peace*

Anonymous said...

AW!!!
Reiga is super hot hehe with long hair and without long hair xD

I think the whole no-action thingie is getting on my nerves...I hope there's no season 2...gosh, that's going to be a long wait xD

I bet it's going to be like monochrome factor. They're going to have to make up the ending and leave it open.

Christina said...

ibuKA- I think in some animes the main pairing is pushed so hard that the writers/producers are shocked when a side couple is more popular. XD But I do agree that Shuusei and Hotsuma have much more chemistry at this point and I would cry if either of them died.

Anonymous- Reiga was super cute when he was younger!!! I think I might prefer him with longer hair but only when it is tied back.

I do wish there was more action at this point. But one has to weigh their options. Would you rather have an open ending with the possibility of a season 2 so the ending will be true or would you rather them tie it all up now and make up an ending?