Wednesday, August 4, 2010

No K-On!! today but WOOHOO for Anime Festival Orlando

Well Wednesday. Where is my K-On!! episode? Why are you forsaken me? Have I done you wrong? Must I make an offering to the K-On gods? Just bleh.

It is extra bleh as I am leaving tomorrow afternoon and won’t be returning until Sunday night. So not only is K-On!! going to be super late being blogged I am going to have to blog a lot of things once I do get back. Rarw K-On!! throwing me off my schedule.

But on the other hand the reason I am going out of town is a fun reason. Anime convention here I come!!! Countdown to Anime Festival Orlando!

Although that means on top of blogging all the anime episodes I missed I have to squeeze in a convention report and possibly a swag post. Of course I don’t HAVE to do any of these things and blogging is something that one should do when they have spare time but you know. I like it. XD


I am kinda excited about AFO this year. I have been going to this convention for a long time now so perhaps the magic has faded a bit. We know the location by heart, we are used to certain panels/guests, and we even have our car radio station down pat. We still have tons of fun and have surprising stuff happen to us but it’s not like it’s a brand new experience for us.

But this year we are going on Thursday! Sure we will make less money by taking half days at work but we won’t have to wake up early Day 1 to get to the convention, check in, and get our badges. We can just roll out of bed and walk to the panels. It was amazing when we did that last year at AWA and I am sure it will be fun at AFO.

This is twofold though. Not only do we get an extra day of vacation we get an added perk. At Anime Festival Orlando if you check in at the hotel on Thursday and you pick up your badge you get a “better” badge. Basically you can get in the front of lines at main events and spend extra time with guests. All with no extra cost. Well I guess the hotel room for one more night is an extra cost but not an extra badge cost. So I am excited about attending extra guest events and having great seats at main events.

Plus you know how work is. Yeah. So any extra time off is a great thing for me. Yeah I need the money (because fun things and necessary things cost money) but sometimes I really need a break. And it is high time I got a break. I really should break up my anime conventions better so they are not so close together. Because working every Friday and Saturday can really bring a person down.

So while there is no K-On!! to cheer me up on this special Wednesday I do get to have fun packing and thinking about all the fun I will be having this weekend. I plan on blogging a lot when I get back, like devoting all of Monday to my craziness so watch out for new posts early next week cause there will be a lot of them. For now I must go pack 11 shirts I won’t wear and make sure I have enough camera batteries! XD

MOG and now I see the new Eden of the East movie is up raw and will be subbed soon (I hope anyway). Add one more thing to blog XO

No comments: