Tuesday, August 31, 2010

High School of the Dead Episode 9

XO Look at me, trying to get caught up on my blogging. Since I am planning on blogging three more episodes/movies before Thursday I am trying to squeeze as many posts in this week as possible. So move over my little emo boys it is time for some blood and guts!

Photobucket

Show him the boobies!!!

Well and boobies. Can’t have High School of the Dead without boobies. -_-

Beware of Takashi sexually harassing a female and being crowned a hero for it. But as crummy as that was there is absolutely no Rei in this episode so Yay?



Photobucket

Um.... didn't you see her in less last episode?

Episode Summary: Saeko and Takashi are like well that is amazing that our friends are safe but yeah….we are screwed. Takashi is like let’s go this way since I know the neighborhood. They are running around and avoiding the zombies. They run into a motorcycle type shop to get some wheels. They end up getting a vehicle that can glide on water or something. There is some slight flirting going on as they travel the city. They happen upon more zombies so they decide to take the vehicle for a ride in the ditch water. This of course soaks Saeko and of course her school uniform is see through. After Takashi gets done at staring at her boobies they realize they are safe. They make it to a sandbar where Saeko has to dramatically take off her wet clothes and wear a tank top. Saeko notices that Takashi is all embarrassed and she teases him, that she is a girl after all. They hang out on the sandbar for a while until the zombies go away. In this time Takashi randomly asks if Saeko has ever had a crush on anyone. Saeko is amused…but sadly answers yes. They make it back to the street but they are quickly surrounded by zombies.

Photobucket

WHAT A FUNNY JOKE!!!! HAHAHAHHA!!!

Takashi runs the vehicle into a pond (MOG SAEKO IS WET AGAIN HAHAHA JOKE!). Takashi’s plan is to make the thingy thing run around in a circle and let the zombies be drawn to the noise. However Saeko jumps out and starts killing zombies and makes lots of noise. She stops though when she sees zombie children. She almost gets nommed but Takashi takes them out and drags Saeko away. They end up at a temple where things seem safe. Saeko seems out of it and Takashi gives her space. He slips her a real sword and her dried clothes. She smiles at his kindess. Oh and there is talk about a porta potty or something. Then Saeko really opens up to Takashi about her past. 4 years ago she was attacked on the way home and she really busted up the guy with her sword. Takashi is like but it was justified! Saeko explains that she allowed the guy to attack her because she wanted to hurt him. That she felt alive when it happened. And now that the world has ended she gets to hurt people and feel that way all the time. Takashi tries to say he feels that way too now but Saeko says the darkness was already in her heart and that is why she is not allowed to like anyone, because she is not a really a gentle girl.

Photobucket

More zombie kids please.

Takashi stops her self hating speech by kissing her….and then the scene goes dark. The next day Takashi is like time to go…but zombies show up. Saeko decides to stand there and look dumb because she has given up on life. Takashi decides that the best way to snap her out of it is to SNATCH HER BOOBIES AND PULL ON THEM! Oh and he says something about how she is so great and he looks up to her and he will do anything to protect her. Her feeling loved makes her feel better and she goes on a killing spree. Getting wet in the process of course. Saya is waiting at the house for Takashi but when he shows up with Saeko all happy like she gets pissed. Alice greets the two warmly and Takashi thinks to himself that he had accepted Saeko’s dark side to survive in this new world. THE END!

Holy Crap people. X_X Can I go back to the feeling post? Like…this post had a lot of feeling in it too but they are kinda scary feelings.

I think I will start with the issue that made me -_- the most. Can we guess what moment that was people? XO You are right, the boob grabbing moment! How predictable Tenchi is mad at the boob scene.

However…I think it is justifiable to be angry at this moment. It wasn’t the fanservice I was mad at. Saeko had her boobies shown when she was all wet from the water and that tank top isn’t hiding anything. I am not complaining about those moments. I have accepted those moments. I have moved on since the director himself said he wanted to make a tits and ass type of anime.

Photobucket

PICK A BETTER REASON!!!

But no people. Women are not objects. The first boob grab was okay because it was done by a scummy guy who was being scummy. It had a purpose, to show that the jerk was an asshole. What he did was sexual assault and he deserved what came to him shortly thereafter. But now Takashi has done the exact same thing and he is a hero.

Photobucket

What the fuck?! Yeah this was so necessary.

Only he is worse than the first dude. Grabbing someone’s boob is not the way to bring them back from the brink of suicide. He could have grabbed her by the waist, held her close, and told her all the crap he ended up saying. This all would have been just as effective without the boob grab. Hell it would have been MORE effective. Usually when someone grabs someone else’s boob the focus is on that action and not the words being said. Plus maybe Takashi would have been seen as romantic at that moment.

Photobucket

LET ME TELL YOU HOW ROMANTIC THIS LOOKS!

So yeah director. Go for your tits and ass show if that is what you want. But this scene was unnecessary. You should have showed her getting dressed more if you needed to fill your boob quota for the episode. This was just too much, did nothing to further the plot, and really left a bad taste in my mouth. Female bodies are not property of men. Also if I want to let zombies eat my brain someone grabbing my boob will not make me feel better. THANKS FOR LISTENING!

So putting THAT HORRIBLE ASPECT OF THE SHOW aside let’s see what else there is to discuss. There seems to be less zombies around. I thought that was because of the barrier in the last episode but since Saeko and Takashi didn’t run into anymore I am thinking that is not the case. Maybe there were less people in that part of town dude to the fact that most people were at work and school at that time of the zombie attacks. Or maybe the crew that saved the others has started taking out the zombies in that sector. So while Takashi and Saeko did run into trouble it wasn’t near as bad as previous episodes.

I am not sure the obsession with finding vehicles that can go on water. Me I would go for something that would cover me completely and run over zombies. That is just me and my brain though. Clearly it is better to ride around completely exposed to the elements. But they had to have that vehicle so they could get on the sandbank and have the wet moment. Also Takashi needed to ask Saeko about who she has liked in the past. Because it is not like Takashi was almost ready to do Rei on the stairs last night (relative to the characters of course).

Photobucket

Um yeah I had a plan....

Why did Saeko get out of the spinning car things and start making a bunch of noise? I mean I guess she needed to have her break down moment in front of those kids but couldn’t that have happened a different way? With them trying to get away and still she had to fight? But I guess maybe that was the point. Takashi has a method on getting them out of that situation without killing and Saeko runs around and does a lot of killing. I guess that makes sense but if I was Takashi I be like GIRL if we were going to do that from the start we could have least taken the vehicle.

Photobucket

Look at me not being an evil man WOOHOO!

I do think that Takashi handled the situation well once they got into the temple. He didn’t perv on Saeko when she was changing (which would have been weird anyway since he has seen more of her than anyone else so far) and he got her a shiny new sword. He tried to make a lame joke and didn’t push the whole why didn’t you kill the zombie kids issues. Good job Takashi. For 5 minutes you weren’t a horrible person.

Photobucket

Although I am still confused what the kids had to do with anything...

Saeko’s back story was surprising to me. Part of me is like you know what….good for you. Good for you bashing in a guy who tried to rape a girl. Hell you could have killed him and I be saying good job! So for her to think that she shouldn’t love like a normal girl is a bit sad. Obviously having murderous intentions is not a good thing but if directed at the right people (aka people trying to rape you and zombies) it is okay in my book.

Photobucket

I think I might snap too...

On the other hand…this is how psychopaths are born. So I guess that is good that she recognizes that in herself. Not that it should have kept her from loving someone but I get where she thinks bad of herself. I don’t think she should feel that way but I get WHY she feels that way if that makes sense. Also if I was in the middle of a zombie apocalypse I want her on my side. But yeah maybe you shouldn’t take joy in killing zombies because they used to be human. I believe in getting the job done and not really acting like woohoo this is fun.

Photobucket

So...they show everything else but we got to guess if they had sex or not?

So did Saeko and Takashi have sex? I don’t know. I mean I rather Takashi take the real time to talk Saeko down from her crappy moment. So maybe he just kissed her to let her know despite her serial killer type ways she is still attractive. If he had sex with her this is my disappointed face. I mean 24 hours ago he was on top of Rei almost having sex with her. So that would be kinda scummy. Had it not been for that scene though I say go for it Takashi!

Photobucket

We made it...it's a miracle.

So after the BOOB GRABBIGN SCENE THAT WAS UNNECESSARY Saeko kicks some more ass and gets wet again but this time without any bodies of water. They make it to Saya’s house and there is a semi warm welcome. Saya is jealous and she doesn’t even know the half of it. XD Rei apparently isn’t paying attention which is bad on her part. But I guess Alice and Kohta is better than nothing. Just remember to lock the gate.

Photobucket

Of course I use a version of the episode that doesn't use the wording I am talking about....

Takashi’s last thoughts about Saeko seem to be up for debate on the interwebs. He accepted her darkness so he could survive this new world seems pretty cut and dry to me. He knows he needs Saeko on his side so she can cut down the zombies. That in this new world he has to accept things quicker or at all. Maybe if this had been just a normal day he be like dude yous a freak and run away. But now it’s like okay, life is shit so you having problems with feeling bad about yourself is not high on my caring list. So yeah maybe he worded it wrong but I think some part of him accepted her story because…he has to. That’s it.

Everyone is happy now yes? In a nice big house safe from zombies? Of course not! Time for more in fighting! Takashi should have picked another “good looking guy” to be in his group because all the girls fighting over him will end in tears. And probably death. But mostly death. We shall see the fallout from the “kiss” next week hopefully.

BUT NO MORE BOOB GRABBING!

2 comments:

DarcMarc said...

Just want to say, after I finished watching episode 9 yesterday I instantly googled "Highschool of the dead episode 9 what the fuck?!" and your site popped right up.

I am glad I am not the only one who found that whole boob squeezing thing uncomfortable (though not as uncomfortable as Saeko found it). Do you know if it was a Japanese thing or simply something weird?

Christina said...

Marc- I really should have titled my post that! Apparently a lot of people thought that too.

I have no idea how that was supposed to be romantic or life saving or whatever he was trying to accomplishment. Not only was it a violation of her body it looked like it hurt like hell. So if you were going to grope someone into making them feel love that was the wrong way to do it. Boobies are just like any other body part, if not more sensitive. Please do not be squeezing the fucking life out of them.

I truly hope it is not a Japanese thing. I hope that only one Japanese person (the creator) thought that this was a romantic gesture. I mean didn't Takashi kill someone for groping Rei a few episodes ago? Now he is doing the exact same thing and he is hailed a hero? Just gross.