Friday, August 20, 2010

Amagami SS episode 8

Why do I feel like crap?! WHY PEOPLE! XO I want to make money. I want to go to work and make some green. Instead I spent like 20 hours in bed and I still feel tired. Amazing.

Photobucket

Does that present have a tail....

Despite that I guess I will get some blogging done. Since that only involves sitting on a couch and keeping my eyes open I think I can manage. Maybe. In any event the last episode of Amagami SS is out and since I have yet to drop it why not blog it?

Beware of…me. Because I might be contagious.



Photobucket

Paper cuts are deadly.

Episode Summary: Masayoshi and Junichi are talking. Well Junichi is listening as Masayoshi is going on and on about his dream Christmas Eve date. Masayoshi pauses to ask how things are going with Kaoru and Junichi is all blushy. Keiko also asks Kaoru how things are going and she is slightly less blushy and more thinking about the situation. Masayoshi and Keiko do some secret signal thing and Masayoshi dramatically pretends to cut his finger and sends Junichi to get a Band-Aid. So Junichi goes to the clinic and that is where Kaoru is….wearing her work uniform. Keiko is busy hemming her skirt and this is all she had to wear. Junichi is all embarrassed and stuff. He tries to ask Kaoru out but she beats him to the punch and all is cute. Junichi gets teased a little but it works out so who cares. Masayoshi and Keito congratulate themselves on a good job and look forward to their own date. Then there are some random scenes with Miya complaining about how much Christmas cost, Kaoru picking out her date outfit, and some scenes at the school festival or what not with the other girls. Junichi is waiting for Kaoru but she is super late. He starts thinking that it is going to be a repeat of two years ago and is a little sad. Kaoru ends up coming but Junichi is slightly sad.

Photobucket

Time for romance!

She manages to calm him down and on their date they go. They end up going to that place Kaoru talked about in episode 5. Junichi is scared of heights but she drags him up the huge tower anyway. When he isn’t freaking out about how tall it is the view is super pretty. Snow starts to fall and it is all romantic. Then Kaoru starts talking about her feelings that she is in LIKE with Junichi. Junichi says he feels the same way and it is kissing time. Yay romance. Kaoru finds out that she has missed the last bus and wants to spend the night in a convenient store. Junichi is like no way and takes her home. He dodges his little sister who thinks he wants privacy to jack off. Kaoru discovers his closet of stars and it is slightly cute. Kaoru demands that they sleep next to each other on the bed and Junichi is all nervous. Kaoru attempts to have a little fun…but falls asleep while kissing Junichi. He is like SIGH and he looks at his beautiful girlfriend. Then Kaoru’s voice is heard talking about how their future is bright. THE END!

Photobucket

Junichi's dream has come true but he can't handle the awesomeness.

Well then. That ended…without any fan fare. Or dramatics I should say. It just…ended. And I thought I would like this storyline better than Haruka’s. Yet here I am wishing that Kaoru got a cheesy 10 years in the future ending.

Photobucket

Well not really....

I still find all the random girls (girls in waiting I guess) and their random storylines very….weird. I wish they blended into the main story better instead of coming off as oh hi random scenes. Like Haruka is in a Ms Santa pageant? Why can’t Junichi run into the girls and have conversations with them? He can like Kaoru and still talk to other girls. Like blush at Haruka’s outfit or eat some food at the other girls’ booth. As it stands now the girls are just….there in the background being fillers. At least in Haruka’s arc Kaoru was still the friend and she had reason to talk to Junichi.

Photobucket

Well there is a lot of X_X in this series so...you know.

Also still going X_X over the fact that in Japan Christmas Eve is still a bigger deal than Christmas day. “Oh I guess we can have the Christmas party on Christmas, it won’t be too ruined then….”. I don’t know, it just seems really funny to me.

Photobucket

They look cute to me.

Masayoshi and Keiko being a couple is kinda cute. Their plan to “set up Junichi” was really lame. Like okay wearing your work uniform so your friend can fix a tiny hem on your skirt? Setting up some romantic encounter in the nurse’s room? WHERE IS THE NURSE?!?! But I like that Keiko is bouncing back and not letting that jerk dude keep her down. Also Masayoshi needs a real girl and not just jerking off material to entertain himself. Or maybe I just read too much into the scene and they are not a couple. Now I am confused.

Photobucket

Duh we have a date!

Kaoru asking Junichi out was cute too. I like that she is taking charge in their relationship and not waiting for the dude to do the asking. Because sometimes guys are worried about how we feel about the situation and don’t know if they should do the asking. So yes it is nice to take the pressure of the guys and do the asking. I like how she was so matter of fact about it. Like yeah I got plans that night. With you. So be ready!

Photobucket

I felt so bad for Junichi. XO How dare she make him worry.


Photobucket

But at least things worked out this time. I can see why he was panicking though.

The festival seems really out of place since Kaoru and Junichi had nothing to do with it. Well I am sure they did but they didn’t show any of those scenes so why bother? :( We could have gotten our two minutes of in the future if not for those dumb scenes. RARW!

Photobucket

Although I thought the place had to do with fish....

I like that they went to the spot Kaoru talked about at the beginning of their arc. Not that it looked all that interesting to me but it was a nice way to sum up their relationship. Also it saved them both money as everything is super expensive on Christmas EVE. Of course going to any tall building probably would have lead to similar results but they were happy and that is all that matters.

Photobucket

Not really my idea of a good time...

Well except the part where Junichi almost spewed and passed out because he is afraid of heights. Not sure how I feel about that. Had Kaoru been scared everyone would have been XO leave the poor girl alone. But since it was Junichi it was like LOL you scared of heights….come to the window anyway. So I am glad that Junichi was able to deal but that is not my idea of a great first date, scaring your new boyfriend to death.

Photobucket

Aw so cute.

But the view was pretty. The window in the floor, the snow, the whole everyone magical walked away when they had their moment. XO Speaking of moment why didn’t they say the I love you words? Why I like you? But putting aside that fact it was sorta romantic and cute. Kaoru came across as a hard ass at times so her being able to say how she felt was special. That over time her feelings for Junichi were confusing and overwhelming and now she knows what they mean. Junichi was more like…..yeah me too so Kaoru was really the brave one. Cute I say.

Photobucket

No action for you! XD

And then the bedroom scene. I thought it was going to be a lot more perverted than it was. And even if it was perverted come on. Teenagers on Christmas Eve alone in one bed? Talk about anti climatic. XO Poor Junichi. But some things never change. Kaoru teases Junichi….then leaves him high and dry. I am sure Junichi had an uncomfortable night XDI feel mean for picking on him. I guess if I was in his situation I would be WOOHOO…aw man too.

Photobucket

Wait that's it?!?!?!

And then it was over. Over. We get one still of them walking on the beach talking about how their future is going to be even more amazing now. And that is all we got. I feel as if we did not get any closure at all. :( I wanted to see the future, see their relationship grow. But we got nothing but a few smiles and kisses. I guess we can just assume but that is no fun. So yeah all that build up and we get a kiss at the tower. No future scene, nowhere is this going scene.

Photobucket

So romantic!

But I guess the point of their relationship was that it was always there. They belonged together and they just didn’t realize it. So nothing really changed; they just became more aware of it. When you think about it that way it is kinda romantic. Just wow we can still tease each other and hang out but now there are kisses at the end. I like those kind of relationships.

Now Kaoru’s arc is over. I thought it would be more amazing that Haruka’s. It started off strong but ended kind….oh okay. I think too much time was wasted on outside stuff like the mom issue (which….only took over episode 3 and was never mentioned again) and the random girls talking and being around. But Junichi came off looking more human this time and not like a creep which is an improvement. I guess I am just not feeling the magic with this show.

The next arc is Sae’s. I hate her voice. This shall be fun. Not.

No comments: