Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 18

So yeah. Work didn’t happen today. And by the sound of my nonexistent voice it is not happening tomorrow. That and I might have to drive my husband to the doctor as he can barely walk. That might be a whole different kind of fail as I might be too dizzy to drive. Woohoo for vacations! XO

Hopefully after a buttload of sleep, some nasty medicine, and some actual food in my stomach I will feel better. And that my husband won’t lose his foot. For now it is time for some sexy emo boys over in Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru land. XD Life is always better when I have a pile of sexy emo boys to fawn over.

Photobucket

Also behold the emo!

Beware of slow moving plots and the slight return of girl Yuki.



Photobucket

Run Luka run!

Episode Summary: At the Twilight mansion Tsukumo and Toko are being all sad face that their Yuki-chan is not safe at home with them. Sad faces are so sad. At the mansion that probably has a name but I forgot it Yuki also has a sad face on. He has a lot to think about but is sad that Takashiro didn’t tell him anything about Luka. Baby Sodom child tries to cheer Yuki up and suggests looking for Luka. Luka is off being emo somewhere in a field of weeds. Takashiro is trying to have a yaoi moment with his butler but Yuki comes in asking if he can leave the mansion. He is given permission as long as he goes with Kuroto and Senshirou. Tsukumo and Toko arrive in town but decide to look at the ocean rather than running off to search for Yuki. Oh and they talk about how wonderful Luka is now that Yuki is in his life. Yuki is too busy looking for Luka anyway. Yuki keeps being disappointed as Luka is nowhere to be found. Senshirou tries to say encouraging things like Oh you two must be super close and OH Luke must be important to you.

Photobucket

Um no. Luka is in a yaoi relationship now. Back off!

Elsewhere Luka senses danger and walks towards it because he thinks he is badass. Turns out to be a high level Duras named Elegy. Elegy is in love with Luka and is willing to forgive Luka for turning his back on them to fall in love with a maggot human. But Luka still loves Yuki so he is not having any of that. The two begin to fight and both Yuki and Kuroto sense danger. Senshirou decides they need to return to the mansion as they are not prepared to fight such a high level Duras. Toko and Tsukumo sense danger and also run towards it. Luka is putting up a good fight so Elegy pulls out her trump card. She casts an illusion of girl Yuki and Luka falls for it hard. Toko and Tsukumo injury Elegy which breaks her spell. Poof goes girl Yuki. Elegy promises to come back to finish the job. Luka pretends to be big and bad and that he didn’t need Tsukumo and Toko’s help. But I think it is appreciated. Yuki and the others make it back to the mansion where Takashiro is told what happened. Yuki looks sad off in the distance as he never got a chance to talk to Luka. THE END!

XO Why does the plot move at a snail’s pace? But on the upside there were no fanservice shots. No boobies and butts yay!!!!!

Photobucket

My life sucks. Always.

But yeah. Slow moving plot. Yuki is off being sad and emo like on the porch. Cute baby Sodom tries to cheer up our Yuki but he is too busy thinking about how he didn’t ask Takashiro about Luka. I would like to point out that Yuki didn’t ask Takashiro about HIMSELF (herself) and that might have been a better starting point. Like Takashiro might have held back explaining Luka but if Yuki asked about himself he might have fished some information out of Takashiro. But Yuki didn’t ask Takashiro about either so Yuki fails slightly. Takashiro said he was going to explain the past and yet he didn’t tell Yuki anything useful. Just the very beginning of the story if you would. Girl Yuki seems to take place in middle of said story so yeah not very useful.

Photobucket

Even Sodom is frustrated with these two love birds.

However I think I will forgive Yuki. Because I like him. And also he was told a lot of information already so anymore might blow him up. Although if Takashiro wanted to be fully honest with Yuki he would have pushed the topic more. He feels bad about being a liar but he doesn’t want to tell Yuki his role in all this craziness? So yeah I guess this is more a Takashiro fail than Yuki fail. So you get a pass Yuki. You have had very little time to digest all this junk in your life while everyone else knows the truth. Poor Yuki gets a hug.

Photobucket

Where is my poor little Yuki?!

I thought Tsukumo and Toko coming to see Yuki was a little dramatic. I understand now their relationship with Yuki is like the one in Fruits Basket but Yuki has been gone like a day. Please don’t be that special. Of course it turns out that they really were necessary to save the day but that’s not the point! Or maybe it is. Maybe they are more badass than Senshirou and Kuroto. I just think that Senshirou and Kuroto needed more time to shine and Tsukumo and Toko needed to stay emo at home with the other boys.

Photobucket

We are so amazing.

Speaking of Senshirou and Kuroto…..why? Why were you so lame this episode? You are going to walk around with Yuki and not talk about yourself? Not talk about who you are, why you are involved in this war? Not a good idea. There are a limited number of episodes and the other Guardians are already super close with Yuki. Step up to the plate and become important too! I mean there was one cute moment but other than that it was just follow Yuki around and comment that Luka is important to him. Duh.

Photobucket

Not that kind of fighting!!!

And what was up with the lack of fighting Kuroto and Senshirou?!?! I get that you are in training Senshirou (which makes me wonder how you owe Luka a favor if you are a brand new recruite and not a reincarnated Guardian) but come on. The way things are supposed to go down is you tell Yuki to run away, he doesn’t, and everyone gets splattered a little while trying to fight. Don’t you know the formula?! XO But you ran away like cowards and Tsukumo and Toko look like bigger heroes than ever.

Photobucket

Such a sad little Luka.

Luka. My man Luka. Why are you having emo walks alone in the woods? You are supposed to be staring at the mansion waiting for Yuki to come out. How are you supposed to know where he is if you can’t see him? Also Luka needs to stop assuming how Yuki feels. Or how girl Yuki felt. Tell Yuki about his past so he can make better decisions about his future.

Photobucket

LUKA! Stop failing please!!!

And that fight with the random baddie. Elegy I believe. That name looks stupid. But yeah. I was expecting more of a fight. I guess if she is a high level Duras the fight wouldn’t be so easy but I wasn’t expecting Luka to fall to his knees. Hello Earth to Luka. Girl Yuki can’t be there since Boy Yuki is here instead. I thought you were super strong yet you were taken in by a stupid illusion?! How dare you have a flaw!!! I am super disappointed now.

Photobucket

Great. Now tell me where Luka is.

I feel as if the drama was increased tenfold this week with Yuki not being able to see Luka. It feels like forever but it has been at least three episodes since he has seen Luka. They are still very up in the air on their relationship so any time apart is really bad for those two. So MOG dramatic Yuki was once again separated from Luka. Also I didn’t like how Luka kept referring to Yuki as a girl. That gave me an angry face.

Photobucket

We are in your woods spying on your battles.

Next week it looks like we are going to get some more information about Kuroto. Should have been done before but I guess better late than never right? I also want them to cement how important Yuki is to Kuroto and Senshirou. So hopefully all that happens and maybe they will become another yaoi pairing too. XD

Also YAY for finally being caught up with my blogging. XD Now…more medicine. Yay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a Uraboku comment, sorry, but you will feel better if you immediately go and watch this week's Kuroshitsuji even w/out the subs posted yet. I mean it - watch it now!

Christina said...

Anonymous- XO Is it that good? You are trying to tempt me...but I will resist. For now anyway. But now I am excited because it sounds good XD Excitement shall get me through the day.

Anonymous said...

It's way out there. So good and so wrong. Much to like and some ick. Definitely not a picnic/stag hunt episode.

Christina said...

Anonymous- Just blogged the episode. My eyes. My poor eyes. But yes thank goodness it was not a picnic/white stag episode.