Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kuroshitsuji II episode 5: Everything makes sense now


Photobucket

Sebastian is thrilled with someone competing with his sexiness!

Today I am excited to blog. It should be that way every week but today I am like WOOHOO I can’t wait to type and write this all out. A really good episode gets me excited about blogging again. I seem to be blogging a lot lately but then it becomes a daily routine and that can take it some of the fun out of it. But here I am (with my Code Red duh) being really happy about today’s episode of Kuroshitsuji.

Also it is funny how excited I am over this episode given the fact it makes me look like a dumbass. But apparently I am embracing the fact that I am wrong every time I predict something about anime. Go me.

Beware of crying Princes and weird costumes. Also Ciel needs some aspirin so if you have some spare toss him a few.



Photobucket

Why can't you be more fun like Sebastian?!

Episode Summary: Prince Soma and his main man Agni are feeding the poor people of London his legendary curry bread. But he is shocked when Sebastian shows up and tells him that Ciel has lost his memories. Prince Soma and Agni talk about what Sebastian told them in a carriage ride, that he wants them to treat Ciel like a stranger. Even though that saddens Soma he will do so for the sake of their never ending friendship. It is shown that Sebastian went to everyone else in Ciel’s life and asked them to lie to Ciel due to his memory lose. Ciel and his band of servants are also in a carriage on their way to a party. They are heading towards Alois Trancy’s house and Ciel is still gloom and doom about the situation. He thinks back to how he was tortured by that whacky group of crazy people and how SPECIAL it is that Alois came back after being lost for years and suddenly his father dies? They arrive at the Trancy mansion and Claude greets them. Sebastian takes notice of a spider in the doorway but Ciel is busy almost passing out because the house is making him think/remember weird things. Claude tells Ciel that Alois is busy and will meet him at the ball later.

Photobucket

Prince Soma is great at being strong.

Ciel is taken to a room where Elizabeth, her maid, Lau, and his chick are hanging out. Prince Soma and Agni do a really fail job of pretending that they didn’t know Ciel which makes Ciel think they are freaks. Sebastian quickly takes him out of the room and they are lead to their temporary room by the butler triplets. In his room Alois is having a freak out over what to wear to the ball and forces Hanna to strip so he can wear her uniform as a costume. Also I don’t think Hanna wears underwear but that’s fine because she has no genital it seems. At the party everyone is wearing a fun costume and enjoying the party. Sebastian is snooping around the house and Claude catches him. They exchange “friendly” words but vow not to let their masters down. The Stupid Trio decide to “help” at the party but they make a mess. The Triplets clean up the disasters amazingly and get a round of applause.

Photobucket

It's funny how Ciel can remember these things despite him being DEAD IN A SUITCASE!

A maid (Alois) spills wine on Ciel and is all like here let me help you!!!! But after the cleaning Alois gets all perverted on Ciel saying he wants to be with Ciel and his blue eyes. Alois steals Ciel’s eye patch and runs off. While this is all going on Prince Soma has decided that the best way to get Ciel’s memories back is for him to eat some curry bread. Everyone agrees that should work except Lau who claims he didn’t know Ciel has lost his memories. As everyone is talking about bread Ciel is running through the house as memories of Sebastian running through the house fill him (the first episode). He makes it to the cellar where the memories overwhelm him and he becomes sick. He runs outside where Alois confronts him. Alois is all HAHA look at all my people and Ciel is like look my butler is better than yours. Alois says that all he wants is Ciel. And if he doesn’t get Ciel then he will kill everyone in the mansion. Ciel is like FINE DUDE and orders Sebastian to protect him no matter what. Alois reveals that he is also a contractor and orders Claude to get him Ciel. THE END!

XO LOOK AT THAT PEOPLE! LOOK AT THAT!!!

Photobucket

..that this is sequel and not a prequel?! XO That Ciel is alive?!

Ciel is not dead. Is everyone as excited as I am about that? Of course there is always the strong possibility that Sebastian will be nomming on Ciel’s soul after this last batch of betrayers are killed. But that is not the point right now. Right now we are all like WOOHOO Ciel is not dead and everyone knows exactly what is going on. Well not exactly…but a better understanding.

Photobucket

This was the main source of my confusion!

Season II is not a prequel despite my confusion. It is a sequel and all the events of Kuroshitsuji season 1 have already happened. Dead people are actually dead except for Lau and his girl whom apparently only threw themselves into the river. No drowning for those two. No Madam Red and Fred Abberline is really dead. Everything is going in chronological order and there is no massive REDO so they can milk the series for another season.

Photobucket

Wait what? You mean there is a reason why Ciel isn't trying to kill me?

The only thing that bothers me about this scenario is Lau. Everyone else makes sense except him and his girl. I know Ciel does not remember Lau killing Abberline and all the other crap he did but Sebastian does. Why would Sebastian allow Lau to be back in his life? And it was really odd that Lau was not apart of this grand scheme to keep Ciel out of the loop (unless that was a typical Lau lie). But yeah, I think Sebastian would be more careful when it comes to allowing Lau near Ciel. I mean, he must be making lies up about Madam Red not being around Ciel and he kept Grell from traumatizing Ciel.

But everyone else makes sense. Abberline was talking about his twin as if he was dead. And Fred is dead. :( That is still sad but it explains why the heck the interaction between those two was weird. Although Wiki is a bit weird and thinks Fred was the happier twin when I think this Abberline seems happier. That’s not a major point though. Just glad my head is not going to explode anymore.

Photobucket

Let me confuse you with some parlor tricks!

Of course it really isn’t all my fault that I felt like a complete dumbass for misunderstanding what was going on. The first 4 episodes didn’t explain what was going on and were keeping their viewers in the dark what with Ciel referencing Madam Red and his Queen. So while it was slightly amusing watching me go on and on about my poor dead Ciel and be utterly wrong it wasn’t all my fault. I am sure other people were confused too.

Photobucket

Oh okay, that explains everything.

But there are still a few questions on what is going on now. Like why Sebastian would bring Ciel back to life. He got to eat his yummy soul and Ciel felt revenged. Even if Alois’s family has something to do with killing Ciel’s family Ciel did not know that. He was dead. So why would Sebastian feel so loyal to Ciel that he would bring him back to make sure Ciel gets all his revenge? We are missing a bigger piece of the puzzle here and I am sure it will be quite a while until that gets explained. That and why Alois had Ciel’s ring and why he is so obsessed with him.

Photobucket

This is me caring about my little master.

But putting aside why Sebastian brought Ciel back he has gone above and beyond to make sure his master is happy in the life he has now. I am not sure what memories Ciel has forgotten as he still remembers his family dying but I think it is safe to assume all of season 1 is lost upon him. I like how Sebastian went to everyone and explained the situation to help out his little master. It might be wishful thinking on my part but I do think Sebastian cares for Ciel and sees him more than just a tasty soul.

Photobucket

Um...what is wrong with you two?

Poor Prince Soma. He really is suffering now that Ciel has forgotten him. His friendship with Ciel (as one sided as it was at times) was really important to him and it really must kill him inside to know he has all these strong feelings for Ciel and Ciel will feel nothing for him. I know he didn’t go a great job pretending not to know Ciel but I wasn’t expecting him to. I was expecting Agni to pick up the slack but he was being a great big goober too. So as dramatic as those two were I can understand why they were upset.

Photobucket

Very pretty but insane.

Oh hi Alois. It is nice to see that you are still really insane. It must be sad that you aren’t the main character in this show but that doesn’t mean you should take it out on your maid. Although I am wondering if she is related to Soma in some way. History has shown that if there is a passive servant in this show they are really kick ass or they are a deranged intersex angel. So…yeah. Not sure about that girl.

Photobucket

My demon is better than yours!

But Alois is insane. Don’t know why he wants Ciel so bad but he is pulling out all the stops to make sure he gets him. Planning a party and making sure that everyone Ciel cares about will die if Ciel doesn’t give into his demands. His butler is loyal but he tight lipped about any and all details about his master’s mission. Not sure why Alois deserves all these nice people around him when he is a crazy psychopath. But I guess Ciel could have gone that route too. Instead of losing himself to insanity he focused on revenge and being all emo.

Photobucket

Yes my Lord.

Next week looks there will be a showdown between the butlers. Alois didn’t take into consideration that all the stupid people in his life are actually decent fighters so I am not too worried about them. But I do look forward into finding out why Alois wants Ciel so badly. Overall I am just happy that I finally have a better understanding of what is going on WOOHOO!

Photobucket

XO But what does he remember about you Sebastian?!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah i remember watching 3 and being confused Ciel didn't recognize Abberline. but then i watched this and it made sense. It also explains that kinda sad smirk Sebastian was wearing around the guy.

yeah. I wonder why Lau is back , i think the fan girls demanded him back.

i think the people wanted to retcon but then realized they couldn't and made this episode 'explaining'.

Christina said...

Kittyfo- I think it would have been better had Lau been dead. It really still doesn't explain WHY he is hanging out with everyone since he tried to KILL Ceil. Sebastian could have explained away his disappearance like Madam Red.

I think a lot of this season has been one big let's make crap up as we go along fest. XD

Anonymous said...

"I think a lot of this season has been one big let's make crap up as we go along fest. XD"

pretty much.
I don't think the servants are Dumb enough to Let Lau anywhere near their precious little master so it makes no sense. He basically just got a cameo.

Christina said...

Kittyfo- Well they might not know about Lau's little let's Ceil fest. Weren't they off fighting Pluto? But yeah his cameo was a little weird with "what Ceil lost his memories?" X_X